Cepheid_

Media
Reaction score
Username
Cepheid_
Character Name
Feainn | Aerenia | Solyrn | Yolilitzli

5th of the Eclipse, 66 AC

Welcome, denizens of Zhul-Enarion! Wiccans, Brennans, Norns, Vlachians, Rovnians, Vetrii, Glarynnari, Velnari, People of Yeon-Guo, Hazdian Dwarves and Albans! I, Cifesboren of the Bag, welcome you to a long festivity to celebrate the prosperity and culture of our great lands! For too long have we been consumed by thoughts of war, bogged down by aggressions and hostilities - we have been unable to appreciate the finer points of life! Culture, class, hedon, pleasure, enterprise - completely neglected and shunned in favour of blood and steel! Truly, a tragedy if there ever was one.

But not more! I invite you all for a festival of culture, a festival that will proudly display the beauties, depth, intricacies and complexities of peoples across the world! Furthermore, a chance for common folk who have yet to make their mark in the annals of history to rear their heads, and declare their presence! What are you waiting for, dear reader. Make your preparations! Dally no further, sign yourself up, and anxiously await your destiny of wealth, riches, and perhaps a fair sir or maiden from a nation over!

On the 6th of the Eclipse, 66 AC, [OOC: 3 EST, Saturday] gather at the Tourney Grounds of Enarion, which the Nomads so selflessly keep, so this barbaric continent may have some semblance of culture, and prepare your hearts to witness the spectacle! The Festival will host the following tournaments:

The Tournoi de Enarion IV -
You all know it, you all love it, one big tournament between the peoples, only this time - with a completely new land, and welcome to all the world’s people, not only those fortunate enough to have afforded themselves city walls. However, for brevity’s sake, we will be hosting only the three person melee, welcome to all the invited nations!
[OOC] Prize: 1st Place Team: 3 Mithril Weapons, 100 Gold, 3 Crates, 5 Influence
2nd Place Team: 3 Steel Weapons, 25 Gold, 75 Community Points, 3 Influence
3rd Place Team: 10 Gold, 30 Community Points.

The Battle of Beauty -
An all out fashion duel between the people of the world, displaying our fashion trends proudly, and showing the entire world the beauty of our people! Each culture to enter will provide one outfit - one male and one female, to be judged by a panel of judges - the caveat being, these judges are neither Enarion or Zhul! Completely unbiased in every way, the culture to prevail shall be well spoken of in foreign lands!
[OOC] Prize: 1st Place Team: 50 Gold, 10 Influence
2nd Place Team: 15 Gold, 5 Influence
3rd Place Team: 9 Gold,

The Race of Zhul-Enarion -
An all out, day long race, on a set track, from Hazduun, past the ruins of Valora, to the soon ruins of Aellen, across the ivory-coloured towers of Miruvor, across the Airon past the ruins of old Vlachia, past the valley of Promdor, across Westholm and crossing into Ynslee, past Braighdun and the Nornish Camp, and finally through to the City of Nex, and then across the route back all the way to the Tourney Grounds! The winner shall surely earn his fame as the world’s greatest cavalryman, with the world’s greatest steed, winning the world’s greatest race, a true marathon.
[OOC] Prize: 1st Place Team: 10 Gold, 3 Influence
Second Place Team: 5 Gold, 2 Influence
Third Place Team: 3 Gold, 1 Influence

The Battle of the Minds -
A long, elaborate tournament of King’s Board (OOC: Chess), to clearly decide who is Zhul-Enarion’s greatest strategist!

[OOC] Prize: 1st Place Team: 10 Gold
Second Place Team: 5 Gold
Third Place Team: 2 Gold

In addition to these wonderful competitions, games of chance, drinking tables and social venues will be provided to those who do not wish to compete - should you be interested in none of the aforementioned competitions, come regardless! Cheer your countrymen on and earn the chance of winning your fortune at one of our many tables! Beyond this…

CIFESBOREN’S FAMED AUCTION OF MIRACLE ITEMS WILL RETURN! You heard it right, plebeian, the “Bag Man” returns with his many gifts, allowing all of you the chance to score some big ticket items! Do not take this lightly, as the items provided in this auction will at times far exceed what the last had in store. The Auction will take place after every tournament concludes.

If any of the invited members of this festival wish to set up a stall, merely take up a stall at your pleasure, leaving me a letter! [OOC: Contact Zvyxx]

[OOC Notes:] You may only compete in either the melee, racing or the chess game, as they will be occurring simultaneously. Everyone invited is entitled to put candidates in each category. Anyone may participate in the chess tournament. You may only buy one thing at the auction per person. You cannot get your friends to bid if the purchase is for you - you can however, borrow money from friends. You may not attack anyone at this festival. Participants must be of that culture.

Specialized Invitations are hand sent to the following:

Jonas of Vlachia, the Serpent of Calendale, Lord of Westholm, Aellen, Ynslee, Valrond and Promdor

Brennus Iomharach, the Bear of Brenna, Aithman of the Brenns, Chieftain of Clan Iomharach

Skippy Bronzebeard, Mammoth of Hazduun, Kazadun of Kaz-az-Hazduun, Clan-Father of the Bronzebeards

High Priestess Yolilitzli of Iyelitzin, The Rhaka of Nex, Mother to the Velnari, Guardian of Nahuteotl

King Gofreid de Retford, The Lion of Reyn, King of the Norns, Claimant to Reyn

Elder Qiu Minsheng, Artisan of the Yeon-Guo, Magnanimous Ruler of Heiyeong

Hectimere de Reyn, Lord Protector of Aellen

Lady Regent Meracahe, Guardian of Aen’s Seat, Dame of Miruvor

King Thrym Svensson, King of the Jotunns, Frozen Axe of Krakend

Archfey Baeltasor ri Tenethir, true King of the Summer Court

Grandmaster Timon Urswick, Chosen of St Alba, Pious Knight of the Order

Yazov Viktor Ivanovich, Grand Prince of Rovnia, Descendant of Krasimir

Lord Karl Mannhardt, Bloodhound of Castle Grimm

Zizek of Gulac, Ebon Eagle of Vlachia, Keeper of the Vlachs

Concet Ve-Seris Londrev, Preserver of the Vetrii-Zapat

Kine Lidomast, Archmage of Enarion, Dragonslayer

Signed, Cifesboren - Prince of the Magic Bag

Last edited:

Totalore

VIP
Reaction score
Character Name
Vakre Bloodaxe
Durandul sat on her chair, inscribing translations of letters from before the calamity. On the side of the table beside her laid claim to the paper of Nex's festival.

"One day, I will be invited to one of these events." She grimaced, scribbling down unknowable runes on parchment. "I must know more and create more. I suppose that is what my life is now, isn't it? To spread the knowledge of the past and the world's secrets. Perhaps there will be a time where I will be reminisced. 'The Great Keeper,'" Durandul chuckled, "That would be a fine name for myself in history."

Ethereal whispers swirled around Durandul's room, almost audibly speaking to her.

"Time comes to march," A voice lingered, "And the time of Durandul will near."

The woman, Durandul, stopped writing. Instead, she set her worn quill down, responding to the voice.

"I suppose."

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Ringstraking the sky were the essences of color - Auburn hues of orange, royal violeta and dark blue spilt across the northern horizon, painting a scape view that was far too beautiful to capture in words. Wizarding, a tower crackles with blue light from within, a suicidal bird fluttering through it's windowsill and into a wrapped hand;

An irrelevant woman recieves the letter, opening it with a pointed nail. Looking over it's contents with interest, she denotes how many were personally invited, and the titles given - To her, too, one.

A few words says she to her third best friend No-one, folding the letter's lip across. Internally, perhaps, she was fit to burst with pride - A personal invite, how small a gesture makes such an impact on one's motivations.

Last edited:

TryaxReck

VIP
Reaction score
Old eyes read over the words again and again. Londrev murmured idly to himself in his tongue, something he found himself doing more and more within the safety of old Valoran crypts with his brethren. For a moment he held fear- their people were now known in full, their existence betrayed to all by a missive, but the fear subsided, slowly replaced with anxious curiosity.

"The Vozhd shall get word... I wonder though, if I could garner a position in the Concet officially for this....Hmph!"

Ambitious as ever. Vetrii never change, now do they?

_x_Bjorn_x_

Reaction score
Username
Bjorn321
Character Name
Ubbe Bloodaxe
Discord
Bjorn321#3003
Damn... sucks that I work Saturday... I would have loved to throw down some peeps in chess

Mark2282

Reaction score
Mark Ezelsteen wonders if bows too are allowed at the melee

Reaction score
Username
PrussianOberherr
Character Name
Viggo Hartmann
Discord
TrioDragon#7606
The ageing Vetrii man comes upon a parchment regarding the Festival. He simply glossed over the parchment, as he was ready to walk off back to where he and his family had spent their days. Planning to leave the parchment just like the rest, a name, or rather, a title catches his eyes. Pulling the parchment from where it hung, he carefully rolled the paper and secured it within a pouch. He soon made his way to where he called him. Far from any city where his family could live in peace.

As he made his way within the home, he sat next to his wife, though the usual smile he always presented her with wasn't there. He removed the parchment from the pouch and unrolled it for her to read. "Ahoj my love... I had been on my way to a fena and upon my way home I found this." He gestures to the paper. "It seems a dukat is taking the title of our people... They can't even use our people's language properly." A laugh left the man. "They refer to a single man as the concet rather than a concur or concura. There had been no Ve-Seris Londrev that served on the concet when our people spread across the lands... I am the last of the concet unless others too are hidden. This novy 'concet' as he seems to refer to himself as is nothing but a dukat to our people." He sighs, looking to his wife wishing to hear her thoughts. "I'm sorry for the ramblings of an ageing man Alicja." A soft laugh left him.

ephi

Application
Reaction score
Username
HeyEphi
Character Name
Saliyhn; Marsaili; Raignheld; Ardamirys; Kianthys II; Alannia
Discord
HeyEphi#5475
The ageing Vetrii man comes upon a parchment regarding the Festival. He simply glossed over the parchment, as he was ready to walk off back to where he and his family had spent their days. Planning to leave the parchment just like the rest, a name, or rather, a title catches his eyes. Pulling the parchment from where it hung, he carefully rolled the paper and secured it within a pouch. He soon made his way to where he called him. Far from any city where his family could live in peace.

As he made his way within the home, he sat next to his wife, though the usual smile he always presented her with wasn't there. He removed the parchment from the pouch and unrolled it for her to read. "Ahoj my love... I had been on my way to a fena and upon my way home I found this." He gestures to the paper. "It seems a dukat is taking the title of our people... They can't even use our people's language properly." A laugh left the man. "They refer to a single man as the concet rather than a concur or concura. There had been no Ve-Seris Londrev that served on the concet when our people spread across the lands... I am the last of the concet unless others too are hidden. This novy 'concet' as he seems to refer to himself as is nothing but a dukat to our people." He sighs, looking to his wife wishing to hear her thoughts. "I'm sorry for the ramblings of an ageing man Alicja." A soft laugh left him.

The man would return home to an aging woman akin to him, stationed at the two's kitchen within the house. Alicja had been fixed upon brewing tea for herself and her husband, eyes only flickering to the door as she heard it open, and then close. "Ahoj, dearest ... what is this you speak of?" The woman's back remained to the man as he began his quiet ramble. However, at the mention of the two's people, and the falsehoods of an unknown 'concet' - not even a concura, the pot in which she brewed her tea began to shriek. She removed it from the top of the oven, quickly dousing the flame she brewed it over. She turned to him now, attention fixed upon her husband.

"A dukat, you say?" She began in a soft, curious tone - pacing over to where her husband stood, taking to his side and letting her eyes peruse the missive for herself. She scoffed, and shook her head. "What lies. Who is Ve-Seris Londrev? What does he have to do with this? Preserver of the Vetrii-Zapat...? A man who ... I have never heard of, nor have you?" She looked up from the missive, and folded her arms across her chest. "...perhaps we should find a way to contact this man," she suggested, "ano, Ceban? It would be quite entertaining to see how he would respond to two true Vetrii-Zapat." She exhaled a soft laugh. "Do not fret, dearest. I, of all people, understand."

IndeanaJones

Owner
Reaction score
Username
IndeanaJones
Character Name
Basilius Buckley
Discord
@Inde#0066
Due to emergency occurrences that have lead a few of our ET indisposed, we're postponing this event (World Event | Festival of Kith and Kin) to next Saturday, 16th of October at 3 EST.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

5 word horror stories. give them to me.
Check out my Creative writing please!! i would like to know your thoughts
Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday!
If you consider becoming a dwarf, feel free to read the updated intro!
The new 1.18 music is fantastic

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6N6