Which topics do you want to see more depth and lore for?

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
Hia all,

I’m currently working on additional lore depth to Enarion, and was wondering which specific topics you all see around that would benefit from having some more content for players to sink their teeth into.

As it stands, I’ve understood we’ve got niches specifically among religion roleplayers, rune mages, naval fanatics, and the occasional weapon smith, and of course our drug riddled alchemists, but I feel like my mindset on this is a bit too narrow.

Care to give me a hand and help let me know what topics you wanna see given more pre calamity history and info to explore?

Thanks,
Gaz

Last edited:
OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
I’m a smooth brained 🦧 ape

Okay so to clarify what I’m asking, which topics and subjects do you guys want to see more depth provided for.

I understand there’s the general input of “All lore needs more depth”, but to be honest that kind of generalized advice ain’t all that helpful when I’m organizing and selecting my current projects.

OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
Personally for me I am a smooth brain alchemist but I also love exploring/being an explorer. I don’t know who else is with me but I wish there was more depth/lore on the fascinating creatures that exist
Like discoverable histories about different habitats and groupings for creatures pre-calamity? Prevalence of Ents, Satyr colonies, cave creatures in an underdark-esque setting?

Gram

Reaction score
Username
Gram
Character Name
Emreis / Emhyr
Discord
Gram#9380
I would love to see stuff about pre-Calamity vampire culture, more encounters with creatures from the bestiary, encounters with sentient races before they vanished, medical autopsy logs on beast/sentients, more spirits (GIVE ME CORRESPONDING VAMPIRE SPIRIT PLEASE GOD), more drugs posts since I’m unaware of anything outside of fisstuck, and more lore regarding creation AND horrors.

Thank you!

JaneGold

Reaction score
Like discoverable histories about different habitats and groupings for creatures pre-calamity? Prevalence of Ents, Satyr colonies, cave creatures in an underdark-esque setting?
Yes! or even more discoverable history of giants and their tribes and what Tepes just said lol. I find all of that absolutely fascinating and I feel like the history of the wild and unique creatures ( which is what I feel is pretty overlooked in fantasy settings) should have more stuff to be explored

OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
I would love to see stuff about pre-Calamity vampire culture, more encounters with creatures from the bestiary, encounters with sentient races before they vanished, medical autopsy logs on beast/sentients, more spirits (GIVE ME CORRESPONDING VAMPIRE SPIRIT PLEASE GOD), more drugs posts since I’m unaware of anything outside of fisstuck, and more lore regarding creation AND horrors.

Thank you!
I think I’m alright to say this, but I’m talking with Inde about writing for a pre calamity era where vampires dominated Enarion for a period of a 20ish years and a series of battles resulted in their grasp on the region being shattered.

Imo a battle between Vampiric thralls and Suralond soldiers arriving to help liberate the continent has lore battle potential written all over it.

I can confirm more drugs are being created, and I’m actively meeting with NLs to discuss outlawing civilian possession of wildfire within cities to incentivize smuggling, dealing, and non violent criminal rp (excluding slavery cause gross).

Yes! or even more discoverable history of giants and their tribes and what Tepes just said lol. I find all of that absolutely fascinating and I feel like the history of the wild and unique creatures ( which is what I feel is pretty overlooked in fantasy settings) should have more stuff to be explored
Absolutely, we have worked hard at replacing all of our bestiary with irp accessible journals and posts (this took an egregious amount of time honestly). However, more significant tribal presences could be an amazing thing to really dive into and tease out/introduce different inventions and mechanical changes.

Love it!

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
I want more septh to martial combat and archery

bowmanship is seldom used, and for good reason - it hardly does more than hit a target with just one arrow

then, with martial combat, people who get up close to monsters usually end up in ribbons! because that's how monsters are in combat; really powerful up close.

i think some dimension to creatures would be welcome, not just "monster that hits real hard and if you kill it you can make iron armor from it's skin" (despite how easy/simplistic that may be)

monsters should know what they're doing! . wolves weren't born yesterday, nor were goblins, or ogres, or elementals. ranged, melee, and maybe modified combat like potions or otherwise

OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
I want more septh to martial combat and archery

bowmanship is seldom used, and for good reason - it hardly does more than hit a target with just one arrow

then, with martial combat, people who get up close to monsters usually end up in ribbons! because that's how monsters are in combat; really powerful up close.

i think some dimension to creatures would be welcome, not just "monster that hits real hard and if you kill it you can make iron armor from it's skin" (despite how easy/simplistic that may be)

monsters should know what they're doing! . wolves weren't born yesterday, nor were goblins, or ogres, or elementals. ranged, melee, and maybe modified combat like potions or otherwise
The issue with bowmanship is a mechanical balancing issue, that’s less a lore writing component and moreso a mechanical change. However, your martial arts proposal should hopefully provide some insight into the potential directions that cqc could go!

Additionally, a lot of monsters are written to have depth, but unfortunately that’s not always how they’re played by ET. I’m not too sure what to do about that unfortunately

Impieri

VIP
Reaction score
temporal, astral and death spirits. Life has had quite the amount of work put into it and i'd like to see a similar amount put into the others! Forgive me if they /do/ have writing on them that I was just unaware of.

OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
temporal, astral and death spirits. Life has had quite the amount of work put into it and i'd like to see a similar amount put into the others! Forgive me if they /do/ have writing on them that I was just unaware of.
Absolutely, I’ll run this over into the bestiary staff channel!

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
The issue with bowmanship is a mechanical balancing issue, that’s less a lore writing component and moreso a mechanical change. However, your martial arts proposal should hopefully provide some insight into the potential directions that cqc could go!

Additionally, a lot of monsters are written to have depth, but unfortunately that’s not always how they’re played by ET. I’m not too sure what to do about that unfortunately
fair enough

personal opinion is that it might be hard to make spirits for concepts of time/temporeality without makin em crazy eldritch, but then again we have a spirit that embodies all of the ocean so o_o

but it'd be really cool to have a dream spirit! Nightmare spirit o_o

Impieri

VIP
Reaction score
fair enough

personal opinion is that it might be hard to make spirits for concepts of time/temporeality without makin em crazy eldritch, but then again we have a spirit that embodies all of the ocean so o_o

but it'd be really cool to have a dream spirit! Nightmare spirit o_o
I don't really like the idea of a speedrunner getting their own spirit on FRP. But I suppose it'll draw in the stans.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
I don't really like the idea of a speedrunner getting their own spirit on FRP. But I suppose it'll draw in the stans.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Suki just kins him bc they both wear masks with a smile for hours at a time, stare at the ceiling while they hold back what's on their mind

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Suki just kins him bc they both wear masks with a smile for hours at a time, stare at the ceiling while they hold back what's on their mind
I MEANT

pain.

I meant as in a spirit who manifests dreams when people sleep. and nightmares, maybe their brother. the agony of being cursed.

OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
I want lore team to actually communicate with original owners of the lore to fix what we have rn instead of complicating things more
gonna reach out over dms ab this so we’re not tryna talk across the 3 different placed you commented on. I do wanna gauge this stuff for my own edification

edit: my b lol I tapped the recommended words on my iPhone by accident

Tide

Reaction score
More debth to bestiary creatures and encounters. Creatures with more but less obvious weaknesses. - More unique or oddly specific ones, to clarify. More debth to alchemy would also be quite nice. It's already there, but hard to get in to. Does the lore team member really know how X herb reacts to X amount of heat, or am I just saying it with so much confidence they go along with it. Hard to tell.

OP
Gazros

Gazros

Reaction score
Username
Gazros
Character Name
Dune
Discord
gaz #8008
More debth to bestiary creatures and encounters. Creatures with more but less obvious weaknesses.
A recent push we’ve had a bit which I’m not sure will come up in Phae’s public copy of the meeting notes she’s posting is the shift to original creatures.

Of course we always draw inspiration from places but I’m a huge fan of the idea of making our own “iconic” beasts that can be used for events.

One idea I’ve had is something inspired by the bear from that one Natalie Portman flick where it’s a creature that consumes a person, and then uses it’s voice to hunt others in the area. In events this could be played as an ET changing their name and just speaking normally to catch players off guard.

Let me know if that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for!

More debth to alchemy would also be quite nice. It's already there, but hard to get in to. Does the lore team member really know how X herb reacts to X amount of heat, or am I just saying it with so much confidence they go along with it. Hard to tell.
Unfortunately, I’m not sure anybody on Tech team is a chemist, though that’d certainly be helpful here. Chances are they are just going by sensible enough logic for a fantasy setting to retain lower barriers to entry.

It was mentioned before in another post, but alchemy is getting a major chunk of lore written for it that should answer this.

As a whole, unfortunately most of what we have are just claims of what’s being done. However, we are not just sitting idly by twiddling our thumbs, and I’ll check back in for you to make sure the alchemy doc wasn't lost in the heat of our recent marathon(s).

Last edited:

frill

Reaction score
Username
frill
Character Name
john government
Discord
myshkin#0001
literature from the before-times as something discoverable in-game. feels like every lore tidbit is rooted to a location. why aren't there little books and such from scholars tucked away in ruins, or little diaries from people who've long since kicked d bucket. would be cute worldbuilding and doesn't restrict flavour lore to post-calamity (nd also serves as a cute sandbox because everything that was pre-calamity was fkn inconsequential)

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Knuckles, cracked. Computer, on. Maid outfit, worn. Oh yea, it’s FRP time.
Greenland isn’t green
Two sentence horror stories. Now.
The Netherlands isn’t what you think it is…
How did I reach 1090 rep lmao
Dropped a big dumpy on lore
Just did a retest in history and raise their grade from 50% to 70%, feeling good!
you will never get to hear an orc drum solo

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeyeatsbanananansss