What will fix this server?

Darken

VIP
Reaction score
Character Name
'I.C.A'
Discord
Darkx#4901
Something to note, which a lot of people have figured out. If the reset isn't already around the corner, then the playercount will continue to decline due to the lack of faith in the server's Administration and Development team to actually bring a long awaited reset which is meant to serve as new gear in the machinery to function.

Early situation:
Announcing reset -> Playercount decreases because there isn't much to gain out of playing for the remainder of the time -> Reset takes long although it was announced multiple months prior -> playercount decreases because of a lack of faith in the server and who handles it.

Mid situation:
A lack of advertising, and manpower in mandatory teams such as the Administration, Lore, and Development teams -> Makes it harder to maintain a stable playercount -> Less new players sticking around

Late situation:
new players don't stick around -> playercount decreases once more -> all of the community teams get demotivated overtime due to a lack of visible changes within the teams and community -> inactivity from a lot of serving members and normal players

Phase 4:
reset is around the corner after myst stopped building a dirt house in zhul -> already lost 40% of the already sorta dead playerbase -> staff probably don't want to volunteer on a 70-30% chance of survival server (in favour of 70) -> volunteers quit/take a break -> slower progress -> loyal playerbase is patient and after 7 years the reset is done and everyone is ready to play again -> the server isn't revived and everyone eventually leaves because there was no point on staying in the first place.

These are the likely case scenarios for the reset which is intended to revive the server, imo we are in the mid-late phases which isn't a favourable spot for frp to be in.
how to revive the server? personally I dunno and don't care either somewhat there's really a lack of leadership, motivation, and manpower in my POV (don't ask me how to fix that or why I think of that I am not going to answer)

i still think a good start is to ban @BluSensei but otherwise dk rlly

AGiantPie

VIP
Reaction score
The primary cause of playerbase decline was the server's inability to pick its primary user base. For a long time, the staff tried to cater to both war rpers/pvpers and peaceful casual rpers at the same time. Unfortunately, what that led to is a system where casual rpers had conflict and stressful situations forced upon them while war rpers were constantly being struck by bureaucratic rules and prevented from engaging in the freeform conflict in a sandbox environment they desired. So, basically, the casual rpers left due to too much war and banditry, the war rpers left due to to little war.

Add onto this the exacerbating effect that no dominant storyline or reason to engage with the server has, as far as I'm aware, replaced the early big eventlines and nation politics/conflict storylines. Also, as RP servers age the map naturally becomes older, less exciting, and people get lethargic. How many new nations have been founded recently, for example? It's new stuff, new stories, new nations, exciting events, that gets people active.

As to how to fix the problem? There are two options:
1) Attract old players back.
2) Attract brand new players.

I think the reset is a good opportunity to "Start over." Freshen things up with a new map, and focus the server on a new storyline and RP premise. A central antagonist or other story event should happen with the reset, and if players can participate and play as "The Bad Guys" that is a good idea imo, so that the story isn't 100% reliant on staff. I would advise current staff to look into recruiting old playerbases back if they're still in the MCRP community and to advertise in minecraft and D&D/roleplaying environments on social media once the reset is up.

(Consider getting the community involved in pitching ideas for the storyline as well. If players see their ideas actually get implemented on the server + they can participate as playing bad guys/antagonists I think that would get a lot of people excited!)

Also, most importantly: Too much bureaucracy preventing people from having fun and doing what they want in a sandbox environment is really playing against the strengths of the Minecraft medium, as Narthok said in his post. Nothing kills a player's desire to play more than being told "No." If noobs join and want to set up a guild, they should be able to. If they want to build a town, they should be able to (within reason). If they want to learn magic or get involved in events, it should be easy to do so. The only reason to stop players from doing cool roleplay stuff is if they're actually harming others.

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
1) Attract old players back.
Attracting old players back is not really an option.

1. Some players were ran off due to staff inaction, and/or staff mismanagement which led to them getting harassed and bullied without resolve.

2. We banned a lot of community making players who had loyal backings which took players with them.

3. We ran off a bunch of players by announcing the reset too early and gave vague information about it. This led to players not seeing value in continuing.

The majority of players in these 3 groups we will likely never get back. Some might come back for the reset but I think our actions and inactions recently has left them a bad taste.

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
1. Some players were ran off due to staff inaction, and/or staff mismanagement which led to them getting harassed and bullied without resolve.

2. We banned a lot of community making players who had loyal backings which took players with them.
most of "2 people" were actively a net negative on the server and dragged it down, driving "1 players" off, causing the issue you cited as "staff-caused" when in reality it was shit players

people like mmjinae returning is a statement that "2 people" don't need to come back and "1 people" will come back when they feel like they want to or can find a place to hang out in frp

we just need to squash problems when they happen instead of letting things curdle and allowing "2 players" to gather up a big group from the server's playerbase so that when you pull out the leech the entire skin of the head doesnt come with it

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
most of "2 people" were actively a net negative on the server and dragged it down, driving "1 players" off, causing the issue you cited as "staff-caused" when in reality it was shit players

people like mmjinae returning is a statement that "2 people" don't need to come back and "1 people" will come back when they feel like they want to or can find a place to hang out in frp

we just need to squash problems when they happen instead of letting things curdle and allowing "2 players" to gather up a big group from the server's playerbase so that when you pull out the leech the entire skin of the head doesnt come with it
What are you talking about? 1 player? A lot more than just 1 player.

neptunish

Reaction score
Username
neptunish
Character Name
Nara Le Guin / Baselaus Dawkins / Sírion
What are you talking about? 1 player? A lot more than just 1 player.
suki is referring to the groups you presented, 1 2 and 3, hence the quotation marks around each mention of "1 players" and such

Emrir

Reaction score
Username
Emrir
Character Name
Breon d'Tarvos
Discord
Emrir#6349
I would seriously encourage having just a single kingdom with just a single city in the beginnings after the restart to really get the snowball going before allowing any nation to branch off.
totally agree about this, if there was a map reset and there was one huge city for like 2-3 months that would be amazing for the amount of daily rp interactions

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Pretty sure that is not what suki means by "1 players". @Sukitoru I need you to reiterate.
okay let me put this in a way you can understand, as i'm certain the grammar is confusing

the players you refer to in example 1 of your previous reply, i referred to as "1 players". i did the same with the example 2, referring to them as "2 players". not 2 "players" (as in a numerical) which would imply two of these quotated players.

i love english. point being those kinds of players you listed in example 2 were also often the cause of example 1.

Lumaweh

Reaction score
Username
Lumaweh
Discord
Lumaweh#2457
/facepalm

There are multiple bad guy antagonists around currently. There have even been announcements for them on the forums. Players just need to hit people up and:

Meanwhile, ET and LT will continue to work hard to provide content to explore. We currently have considerably more content available to players than we did just 4 months ago.

As to my own personal thoughts about what will help fix the issues: mainly that we need to hold more character conversations. Share news as your characters. Meet up and explore. And yes, as tricky as it will be to achieve, especially accounting for narrative sense, a reduction in the number of nations would likely help as well.
I whole heartedly agree. Building up a reputation with characters obviously is a given to receive some information, but that is bringing roleplay, which is what draws players in. We have had a lot of new players lately, and few stay due to some players (I too am guilty) not rp'ing. Knowledge of the big bads are earned through rp, ie my character getting shot down for information I was trying to gain, but it was for a good reason. What brings people to a roleplay server? Roleplay!

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

just submitted an application lmao
Druidism event happening right now! @ Me for a tp on discord or minecraft to the event
If interested in joining Druidism Dm me @ ReviveMehJett#4333
Imagine being a Parrot named Sparkles... Couldn't be Me
@Holly_is_Insane

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wondyxwoman