Totalore's Event Team Application

Totalore

Lore
Reaction score
MC Username: Totalore

DiscordTag: Mils#0005

Timezone: CST (Central Standard)

How many hours will you be able to contribute to the team? (average per week) I'll come on when I have the time and wish to spend time on the server. My time varies depending on the week's chores. Usually, up to twenty (or more) hours a week.

Have you had any previous staff experience? If so, please elaborate. I'm on the lore team. I was on ET a while ago before resigning.

What made you consider joining ET? Hosting events with a narrative is what I'm aiming to do. I don't want to work on already existing event lines, but to form my own, smaller ones. I wish for my events to be toward players of higher experience in roleplay---those that are able to roleplay and respond with actions that are up to standard.

What can you offer to the Event Team that is unique? Extensive experience in writing narrative and writing in general.

What are some themes/genres of interest that you'd like to develop into events? Dark Fantasy, High Fantasy.

Write out an extensive idea for a small event, directed towards a group of 4 players. /// This is an event going toward a set path. I am writing as if this event has taken place already. The players' actions are set.

The sky clouds over the sun, not a beam of light crashing on Promdor. With a rumble, these darkened clouds spill their tears on the onlooking mortals; they being red, warm tears, similar to one's blood. An atrocious sight, Promdor's residents scurried into their homes, wishing to avoid the staining, red drops. Assigned to the front gate, four knights stand atop the wall, their crossbows steady in hand. From the sky, a hole parted through the clouds, and a beam of light—blinding, as it shined, and not transparent—crashed against the hard earth.

/// The knights are the players. They draw their crossbows at the light but rear their eyes away from it. Blindly, they immediately fire at the light.

Skewering the beam, the bolts disappear into the light. There is no scream, no cry emitting from inside, nor do the bolts appear to hit the other side. The beam stops its blind, but the clouds remain with a hole in it. Where the beam once was, a woman stood in the center of the road. Glistening, hovering, and spinning around her head, a ginormous halo was the first able to be seen by the knights. Their bolts laid against the ground, broken in two.

/// Reloading their bolts, a guard yelled.
/// "Come no closer!" he ordered, still reloading his crossbow. Turning to his peer, he tapped their armored shoulder. "Close the gate."

The gates slammed shut, their spiked ends digging into the dirt below. Walking toward the gate, the woman's halo floated with her. Halting at the gate, her halo crashing into the wall, the woman refrained from moving. In the blink of an eye, she disappeared, and so, too, her halo. Still humming, her halo sounded for alarm, and Promdor's residents turned away from their windows. They wished not to see the woman, nor for the destruction she may havoc.

/// Rushing over to the street, taking their time to do so, the knights stand at the ready before the monastery. Their crossbows in hand, they all aimed at the woman. Then, they fired.

Adjusting to the height of the bolts, the halo clattered against most of the bolts. One did not, and skewered the woman's chest. Blood did not seep from the wound, but her skin's color changed to gray, her posture stiffened, and she moved no longer. The cloud's opening held above her head. Before she could be shot again, her body covered itself in a beam of light from above. A second later, the beam vanished with the woman and her halo.

/// This is a small event that will lead to a larger event line.

Write out an extensive idea for a medium-sized event, directed towards a group of 8-10 players. /// To save me time, I will only be writing the concept of a larger event.

A PK-clause event directed towards angels and demons. The result of this event will determine what kind of lore is produced. A scheduled and assigned party will venture into the Astral Plane with their weapons. At their arrival, a church of neverending hallways that divide into other hallways traps them. Depending on whether a demonic or angelic patron has tasked them with venturing into the plane, the ending result will be different. Doors litter each hallway. Going through one gives you a semi-random result (up to the ET as to what situation the party falls in). Some doors are locked and require a key, which can be acquired by dealing with the situations in the doors.

The end goal is to fight an (angel/demon) of remarkable importance. Once the group goes through a set amount of doors, the last door will open. Depending on what patron they were tasked by, they will fight the opposite entity as the final boss.

It's a simple "PK Dungeon." If they win, their patron's side will gain more power, and demonic/angelic events will appear more frequently within Enarion.

This is all one phase. There is a second, secret phase the players can partake in. If they favor the demonic entity as their patron, they will be trapped inside the dungeon for the second phase. Any loot they acquire may be used to help them with the second phase. Their only goal is to escape the dungeon by going through doors. Each door gives a chance of exiting the dungeon (and ending the phase). It is a random chance, rolled by the DM (ET).

Each patron's party may fight against the patron afterward. They can partake in demonic/angelic events and either help them or attack them. Depending on which patron they were with, the opposing side's event will have a PK clause for them.

/// The party (no matter the patron) will be notified of a possible second phase and told to prepare for it accordingly.

What is your take on item rewards? Rewards drive players to take part in events. I understand the negativity directed towards giving players items in events, and I [respectfully] disagree. Rewards in events can help drive the narrative or understanding around the event line. They do not always need to be weapons, blessings, or curses, for they can be simpler items that contain lore. For example, an item's description that tells the player the story of an NPC. The NPC does not need to be important and can be someone in the background or lore.

What is your vision for FRP’s narrative? To provide additional challenges to players and nations. Particularly, I do not care for world-ending events. Smaller events need to be held over larger events. Depending on the event, they could be as important, if not more important, than world-ending events.

Melweaver

Application
Reaction score
Username
Melweaver
Character Name
Trafalgar F. Brodvek | Aion D.
Discord
Gurrd#8839

HellsBelles

Event
Reaction score
Username
imhellsbelles
Character Name
Tarquin (Prev. Cain)
Discord
Hells Smelles#0874
i hate this man i say no
(+1 ofc)

Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
A Elf.
Discord
woot#4467
Totalore is a cry baby

neptunish

Reaction score
Username
neptunish
Character Name
Nara Le Guin / Baselaus Dawkins
+1 i rlly rlly need a proai dating simulator event (very cool person very cool application)

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Is it bad, to use old formats for the same event?
calendale was just irl america. change my mind
curiosity got the best of me.. so I finished my application. how long might it take to be read? I'm sorry for asking but I just cant help it.
Hi, hope everyones having a good time.
I think i have an addiction to lore thats worse than an addiction to drugs

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MineSlayer2208