Username
Unavailability
Character Name
Brienna Iomharch
Discord
StaleSnake#5864

- = O = -

“From Nadair , we come, and to Nadair , we must return.”

[!] A riding courier makes their way across the Enari lands with a handwritten letter from an Íomharach to the Dwarven Halls, informing those within of a funeral. [!]

Hushed were the folk hurriedly setting away bundled linens and sheets, and cleaning materials away from the preparation tables on the grasses outside Brenna as the final toll of a funeral bell rang through the gravel streets within the wooden walls. The thin trails of smoke from burning incense roots, meant for the deceased body before them, surrounded the few gathered in a gentle fragrance. The body of Alistair MacBrennus, wrapped first in white cloth then the Eibhear plaids, was laid again into the crude wooden coffin he had been delivered home in.

Unfavorable highland weather had rolled in, darker rain-filled clouds turning the sky a gradient of grays. An auburn-haired free-woman carrying a young tree came upon the open coffin, with no lid fastened to its frame, and placed a hand onto it in silent prayer. It was then that the wooden box was instructed away, carried by the stronger hands available to a chosen gravesite for the body to be placed into.
Alistair, the young hardened warrior, was lowered into the earth as his older sister stood near and prepared her tool for the burial. She would transfer the earth back to where it belonged, planting the young tree into the ground just by her brother's head, ensuring the new roots had enough room to grow.

Finally, the woman stood and on locating a sizable stone nearby, collected it, and set it securely at the foot of the grave in continued silence, her final farewell, and first of many for any who were in attendance to contribute in sending off the young Brennan to the afterlife...

- = O = -

Screenshot 2021-12-11 013809.png

OOC: Attendees may say a few words and add a stone to the gravesite if they so wish. . .

vladimir-motsar-dasdsadsadas.png

Last edited:

HellsBelles

Event
Reaction score
Username
imhellsbelles
Character Name
Tarquin (Prev. Cain)
Discord
Hells Smelles#0874
»»————-ᛏᚺᛖ ᛗᚨᛚᛖᚠᛁᚲ————-««

His final breath should not have been stolen by the North- a bitter permafrost taking the puffs of air from his lips and into the cold flooring beneath her. Although the colonel begged, and wept, and pleaded for even a last statement, her arms and desperation did naught but shake the mortal remains a slight. Her maternal wailing and shouting could not restore him, no matter how much she denied it, and soon enough, the corpse was upon her back- making a funerary march to Brenna in the dead of night.

Cain covered the two with the very hide of what had taken him from the land, yet vengeance seemed hardly compensating for all that had been lost. As the deadweight slowed the woman to no ends, the very way Alistair had carried the Dewi to his final battle, she was now carrying him to some pit in the floor- macabre. It was surreal to her, she attempted to not look at the cadaver's face, but in the moments she did, he did not look in pain as how he died would suggest; the brave, unfearing Brennan looked to be sleeping, at ease. Although his flesh was stone cold, the Brennan's vigor and unended might assured him content in his passing.

"Ah dunnae know w'at else tae do"
Cain stayed until noon in front of the Brennish walls- attempting to build the man a coffin in her respects- she could not let the body of such a warrior be left bare to be found. Her craftsmanship was done naught but with the scraps she collected and nailed together, - yet with the same passion she grieved with in the mountains, she resiliently completely the task, in drunkness and mourning.

Cain left there with but a note, yet took the blade of the warrior for herself- the memory of the great Brennish man she was reluctant to part with so soon. In the fore-coming months, the Colonel returned to his grave- she had selected a fine piece of volcanic rock from the North, a piece of the very site the man had died upon.

"Ah wish for yew to 'ave but a piece of the land yew fought dauntless fer, and so all should know it did nawt conquer yew, e'en in your final minutes"

Last edited:

HeyEphi

Reaction score
Username
HeyEphi
Character Name
Saliyhn | Arla | Marsaili
Discord
HeyEphi#5475
reserved

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Is it bad, to use old formats for the same event?
calendale was just irl america. change my mind
curiosity got the best of me.. so I finished my application. how long might it take to be read? I'm sorry for asking but I just cant help it.
Hi, hope everyones having a good time.
I think i have an addiction to lore thats worse than an addiction to drugs

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHeart019