THE KING'S LETTER

DPMAGICIAN

Reaction score
TO MY BLOODKIN AND THE CITIZENS OF THE REALM,
It is with the heaviest heart that I write to you during a time when the elraz betray a sacred pact and when the umri march an army upon my halls and plunder the countryside. Yet war is a tool used by those in dire situations, to exert themselves upon their enemy and claim the mantle of the supreme. To be domineering in the political landscape at the expense of hundreds of lives. The elraz and umri shout from their spearwalls that I am the Bandit King or that I rule over a kingdom of lawlessness. You know this to be false, you saw with your eyes the vile bandit Grimsby leaving my halls beardless, shamed, scourged and blackmarked.
And still, after my opposition to banditry, there are still claims against my name, my honour and against our kin. I have been counselled by the giants of the realm on how I should pursue a war, should I raze the countryside? Should I advance my throng upon their walls and tear down their castles? Or should I challenge them to a field battle and win rightly, sending them back to their cities to flee. Yet in the pursuit of such counsel, there has been none wiser than Halfhand. My successor who was chosen by the gods but damned to purgatory at the expense of myself, who sent him on a fool's errand which left him debearded and humiliated.
Halfhand resigned on that day of counsel, stating his aversion to the war, to the loss of lives and the futile pursuit of revenge which tore apart the dewi realm and sent Haldorth’s son into a bitter civil war. So, in actuality, I have been presented two choices. March to war, bring my enemies to heel and become a so-called king of bandits in pursuit of a goal that would bring nothing more destruction... Or to throw down my arms, accept political defeat by the elraz and umri and forever be noted down as a coward.
I choose neither, for I am no king of bandits, nor king of cowards. I am the king of Ordheim, the great realm of the dewi that has united our people from calamity and I shall not risk such a future. Instead, I shall march out to death along with my chosen retainers, volunteered to such a mission. I will seek out the end to this conflict that must happen and hope that the successor of the realm will not see my death as cowardly nor act in vengeance to the elraz or umri in retaliation. Let this be an end to all, to banditry, to dishonour, to war among the three kingdoms.
- Horgrim
May Ferro, Auren, Gemin, Granin and Magi bring blessings to our people and restore our realm to an age of heroes, where kings such as Haldorth ruled over a law-abiding people.

Rumpo

Senior Administrator
Reaction score
Username
Rumpo
Character Name
Rumpo
Discord
Rumpo#1929
Lofram Heaveybrew would read the letter with solemn thoughts encompassing his mind. The Great King of the Dewi had sought an honorable death, which he had received. A great confusion ensued afterwards, what would befall the great people of his nation next...

Oinked

Reaction score
Skokock Goldpouch lived his final moments beside his King; for a promise he had always made to himself. He should fight for his King & bleed for him. Now, body collapsed against the rough pathway of a mere road, red liquid oozing from his wounds- he had paid the ultimate sacrifice for his King. A Warriors death had befell him, For Ordheim.

Koanda

Administrator
Reaction score
Niserie had never thought of the King as her enemy, even when his ilk harassed Ascari at her very own gates she did not consider him a foe. To her, Thorsten was a man who loved his own, just as she did. His every decision molded around the wellbeing of the dewi, his perception of his men skewed by the haze of loyalty. He was a faithful King, one who lived & died with honor.

farles

Reaction score
Jeremiah cursed to the heavens upon hearing the news, knowing he would never get the chance to enact revenge against the Dewi for rustling his herd of cattle. He sighed and muttered a silent prayer that his bulls had lived a good life under the rule of the late Dwarven King and that he had treated them with the respect they deserved.

GodOfPie

Application
Reaction score
Username
Adelemphii
Character Name
Gagnir Adresin, Tour Guide
Discord
Adelemphii#6213
Gagnir Adresin, who had held himself as yet another small individual within the Kingdom of Ordheim, bowed his head and cast aside his tools upon hearing the decision which the king had made. He kept his head bowed in silence amidst a field of crop, praying for those who had fallen for the kingdom to safely make their way to wherever it may be the dead go.

Ricov

Reaction score
Once the anger had subsided... once everything in the workshop was either smashed or cast aside, Lodmir, son of Reddson was finally still.
A King regaining the honor of his people and now resting with the Gods themselves should have filled Lodmir with Pride but only sadness instead. He looked at his many drawings, sculptures and machines, wishing one of these would have been grand enough so that maybe the King would not have given up his life and the lives of his closest warriors.
Lodmir uprights his stool and goes back to his drawings and contraptions.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

4CD
whats a good username for an alt
Cell2 wrote on DylanDeNewb's profile.
dylan sucks
Brenna Opening Village Event tomorrow! Come get your home and meet the clan leader of the village!
String rank;

if(rank.equalsIgnoreCase("Moderator") || rank.equalsIgnoreCase("Application")){
---System.out.print1n("💕");
}else {
---System.out.print1n("💔");
}
Moderation apps are still open, if you feel like you'd make a good fit, apply :D
Aegis Trading Company is now selling MITHRIL INGOTS!

Contact
Koka#1008
Horton#4148

Or buy directly in the Aellen Kingdom shop!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waif