Succession of Authority

Anderssn

Administrator
Reaction score
Succsession of Authority

Admits the buzz of the palace festivity, a round man squeezed through the crowds of guests and aristocracy. He greeted the many anonymous faces of masks, some with familiar voices and even many more unfamiliar to him. Feeling under-dressed as he was among the few who wore no masks he quickened his pace through the countless guests until he reached the steps where the royal family stood, guarded by the Knights and soldiers of the Royal army. Naturally they made way for the Chamberlain to pass through, yet he still tried to draw in his stomach as to not bump into the guards. He let out a deep sigh of relief as he reached freedom from the crowd, he paused to gather his breath and focus before approaching the Queen.
"Lady Queen." He began, with a gentle and respectful tone.
After a few moments of respectful mingling the Chamberlain took the conversation to the subject of his matter. "Lady Queen, I believe it is due time, wouldn't you agree? The Kingdom of Westholm is no more, and our new home, our new Rheyn, has risen to become a lively capital." The Chamberlain gazed over the crowded courtyard and smiled as he watched the guests drink, cheer and enjoy themselves. "It is time I passed my office to you, as I promised." He reached to his neck and lifted the medallion of the Chamberlain from his head. He turned toward the Queen and offered the medallion on his palm.
As soon as the Queen had accepted the offer and taken the medallion, Romund turned back to the crowd as screaming echoed through the courtyard. Romund rushed down the stairs and through the yard toward the screaming. "Brethren, surround the beast!" He spoke not as a commander, he spoke not as Romund the Chamberlain, just Romund the Round.
Later that night a poster could be found on the notice boards across the capital city. Written and signed in a neat and clean manner.

To the citizens of the Kingdom of Rheynland, and to those it might concern.
As of 23rd of the Eclipse, 15 AC. I, Romund de Retford will no longer be serving as the Chamberlain of our Kingdom. The office which I've occupied for over a decade has been passed on to our beloved Queen. Henceforth I will no longer be solving stately matters directly, and I believe the Queen will fill my shoes with ease. Furthermore I'd like to advise the people of Rheynland one last time, for all those well mannered and well educated to seek membership in the Sanctuary of Scholars or apply to join the Royal Office of Foreign Affairs, found of Scholar street.
- Romund "The Round" de Retford

Cubicita

Application
Reaction score
“Well the time had come...” Tasia grinned at the news of succession, taking a stroll through the lands with her children. “May her highness succeed...” She’d simply continue off, heading towards her home.

Vulf

Reaction score
Username
meady
Discord
Mead#7648
Drastus would simply nod hearing of the passing of titles, "A nobleman who gave his all to his king and country. May his retirement be fruitful, and may he become even rounder!" he would exclaim, but realize he was alone in his study, silently going back to his study of the crystal powers.

Cepheid_

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Cepheid_
Character Name
Saoirse
A certain Tavernkeep and newly appointed Chamberlain rushed away towards the depths of the estate, the kitchen to be precise. There was only one gift fitting enough for the retired Chamberlain, and it was his favorite. A whirl of flour and sugar were mixed in bowls, strawberries being diced away, and the fire being kindled for the oven. The sugary confection would finally be complete, Romund ‘the Round’s’ favorite treat: a strawberry pie. Though this was no ordinary strawberry pie, it was in the shape of his medallion that he donned for over a decade.
The duo would eventually make their way around the town holding a warmed pie wrapped in a towel to preserve the warmth until they eventually found him mulling about, excited to offer the dessert as a thank you for all his years of service.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Adventurer's Guild has updated their leaderboard and promotion waiting list! Go see!
event team looking for applicants!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilferingSoldier