Ryasaur's Feedback Post

Ryasaur

Reaction score
IGN Ryasaur

Suggestion, feedback or idea!
IGN: Ryasaur

I was looking through the spells list through the spell grimoire and have also always heard in multiple vcs, when the topic came up, That water magic is really bad, at least the tier one spells, but I usually defended it, Mainly because of Ice Spike, Recently however I have compared it with other magics and it simply has quite a few things lacking in its arsenal, Whilst it would not be fair to compare it to something such as fire, as I have personally heard it is harder to get, Earth is a better example, (correct me if I am wrong) but, it seems like something such as earth has little to no 'useless' spells, Otherwise, I will stop comparing water with other magics and I will share some of the spells a tier 2 water mage has at their disposal.

The 'Good':

Combat - Frozen Blade
In theory, It seems rather good, Though I would question what the benefit of 'Magical ice' is.

Combat - Ice Spike
In my opinion, most likely the best water magic spell.

The 'Meh' :

Mobility - Water Walk
Situational but, It could possibly work well in crp, Or if there was a plugin it would be pretty good no matter what.

The 'Bad':

Utility - Swift Waters
Would be good if we were in DND, but it is very rare that in Crp a boat is used, let alone a small boat which this spell is aimed for.

Utility - Preserving Touch
There is no spoiling mechanic on FRP, the only situation this would be useful is during an event if there is a dead body you need to keep preserved, This is /really/ bad.

Utility - Purification
Would be helpful again, in a game like Dnd, or, on the rare occassion that someone poisons you drink, other than that, there is not a thirst mechanic that you would usually need to use.

Utility - Float Fluid
The only time I can see this being used is to drop mud or tar on someone to turn them into a chicken, It has more potential than the rest but its still not great.

All of this is my opinion, And it is all comparing to the other level 2 spells of other runes, And though it is said that water magic is one of the 'easier' runes, I feel like, since it involves ice it has more potential, But since I am not a water mage yet, I cannot say if the tier two spells are very good or not, Personally, My suggestion for replacement water spells could be things like ice shields, or small ice walls, ect and make a way for the progression in water magic to become hard enough so tier 3 can compete with something like earth or fire, Give your opinions, but in my opinion, I don't feel like any magic should be reasonably able to be claimed as 'The Bad Magic'.

Reference: https://www.fantasyrp.net/forums/threads/pact-sorcery-spell-grimoire.5053/

Last edited:

Dempsec

Reaction score
You've pretty much said it yourself, my knowledge of magic is limited but if water is one of the easier runes to learn then the rewards that come with it should be less than those of runes that are more difficult. Sure there is more potential but that does not feel very relevant to the statement that you're trying to make.

KordoL

VIP
Reaction score
Spoiler: I am not a sorcerer. Just my thoughts.

Though I would question what the benefit of 'Magical ice' is.
As is said in the grimoire, the afflicted area will be frozen, now a frozen arm or leg can leave quite a bit of pneumonia or frostibite which seems effective enough.

but it is very rare that in Crp a boat is used,
Sorcery is not only used for CRP, it's manipulation of the element you are sorcerer of, not battle enginnered soldier of that element. Sorcery is more than fighting, I'd say, and yes, it does happen that swift waters are used.

There is no spoiling mechanic on FRP, the only situation this would be useful is during an event if there is a dead body you need to keep preserved, This is /really/ bad.
This is useful for cooking or alchemy rp, I'd say, as sorcery is once again not only used for grand things, but also small things like just - freezing stuff.

Utility - Purification
Would be helpful again, in a game like Dnd, or, on the rareoccassion that someone poisons you drink, other than that, there is not a thirst mechanic that you would usually need to use.
I've seen a water sorcerer win a drinking competition due to using this spell all the time, so it definetly has it's uses.

Utility - Float Fluid
The only time I can see this being used is to drop mud or tar on someone to turn them into a chicken, It has more potential than the rest but its still not great.
I've talked to some water sorcerers - and let me tell you they are VERY creative when it comes to this spell. I for example proposed to use float fluid to levitate electric eels onto the enemy.

I think they have their uses, as a non-sorcerer.
And sorcerers are creative enough to use these, I'd say and claim.

Impieri

Reaction score
A
Spoiler: I am not a sorcerer. Just my thoughts.

As is said in the grimoire, the afflicted area will be frozen, now a frozen arm or leg can leave quite a bit of pneumonia or frostibite which seems effective enough.

Sorcery is not only used for CRP, it's manipulation of the element you are sorcerer of, not battle enginnered soldier of that element. Sorcery is more than fighting, I'd say, and yes, it does happen that swift waters are used.

This is useful for cooking or alchemy rp, I'd say, as sorcery is once again not only used for grand things, but also small things like just - freezing stuff.

I've seen a water sorcerer win a drinking competition due to using this spell all the time, so it definetly has it's uses.

I've talked to some water sorcerers - and let me tell you they are VERY creative when it comes to this spell. I for example proposed to use float fluid to levitate electric eels onto the enemy.

I think they have their uses, as a non-sorcerer.
And sorcerers are creative enough to use these, I'd say and claim.
As a T2 water sorcerer I agree with KordoL entirely. Preserving touch and swift waters could be updated, and I know there are plans to make changes to the spell lists. I will not spoil anything nor confirm this as the last I heard of such was months ago with no further updates. Each form of sorcery has its pros and cons. Water happens to be highly situational but, in my opinion, the most versatile and powerful. Keep in mind magic shouldn't be seen as a centre point of a character or sought after for competitive or crp reasons. Lastly, I believe frozen blade, ice spike and float fluid make up for the more situational utility spells and keep in mind water does get an extra utility spell.

Impieri

Reaction score
IGN Ryasaur

Suggestion, feedback or idea!
IGN: Ryasaur

I was looking through the spells list through the spell grimoire and have also always heard in multiple vcs, when the topic came up, That water magic is really bad, at least the tier one spells, but I usually defended it, Mainly because of Ice Spike, Recently however I have compared it with other magics and it simply has quite a few things lacking in its arsenal, Whilst it would not be fair to compare it to something such as fire, as I have personally heard it is harder to get, Earth is a better example, (correct me if I am wrong) but, it seems like something such as earth has little to no 'useless' spells, Otherwise, I will stop comparing water with other magics and I will share some of the spells a tier 1 water mage has at their disposal.

The 'Good':

Combat - Frozen Blade
In theory, It seems rather good, Though I would question what the benefit of 'Magical ice' is.

Combat - Ice Spike
In my opinion, most likely the best water magic spell.

The 'Meh' :

Mobility - Water Walk
Situational but, It could possibly work well in crp, Or if there was a plugin it would be pretty good no matter what.

The 'Bad':

Utility - Swift Waters
Would be good if we were in DND, but it is very rare that in Crp a boat is used, let alone a small boat which this spell is aimed for.

Utility - Preserving Touch

Utility - Purification
Would be helpful again, in a game like Dnd, or, on the rareoccassion that someone poisons you drink, other than that, there is not a thirst mechanic that you would usually need to use.

Utility - Float Fluid

All of this is my opinion, And it is all comparing to the other level 1 spells of other runes, And though it is said that water magic is one of the 'easier' runes, I feel like, since it involves ice it has more potential, But since I am not a water mage yet, I cannot say if the tier two spells are very good or not, Personally, My suggestion for replacement water spells could be things like ice shields, or small ice walls, ect and make a way for the progression in water magic to get hard enough so in either tier 3 or 2 can compete with something like earth or fire, Give your opinions, but in my opinion, I don't feel like any magic should be reasonably able to be claimed as 'The Bad Magic'.

Reference: https://www.fantasyrp.net/forums/threads/pact-sorcery-spell-grimoire.5053/
You said t1 spells, by the way, multiple times. Let it be a reminder you do NOT get these spells at the first tier . You get them at t2. You get the basic cantrip at t1.

Sukitoru

VIP
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Another W for Earth Sorcery

I'd just fix Float Fluid by making it so you can move while using it. That'd make it 1000000% more powerful and useful.

OP
Ryasaur

Ryasaur

Reaction score
You said t1 spells, by the way, multiple times. Let it be a reminder you do NOT get these spells at the first tier . You get them at t2. You get the basic cantrip at t1.
Thats true, I'm not a big mage so I will change it to tier 2 and tier 3

Bedsheet0

Reaction score
Username
Bedsheet0
Character Name
Bastion R. Sheridan
Discord
Bedsheet#6997
Cool post.

AGiantPie

Senior Administrator
Reaction score
Sorcery spells are going to receive a small update soon. Water is going to get an additional useful spell to bring it in line with the others.

However, please note that spells are not made with the intention of "balancing" different elements to be on par with each other in combat or otherwise. Some types of magic will be better than others.

Also, some spells are designed for utility or RP uses. Purification, as an example, has no mechanical use, but it is still useful for RP as others in the thread have pointed out.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

yk i actually heard he's bad at minecraft too
i heard pkdon is bad at valorant
hey i heard pkdon is bad at overwatch
hey i heard there is another war
make love not war guys ;/
Now that justice was brought towards the fishing and engineering community, we need justice for the cooks among us! https://www.fantasyrp.net/forums/threads/cooking-profession-discussion.7870/#post-34016
Insurmountabus type beat:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
199Os