Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
1624313352596.png

Player Events
aka. "DIY Events"

Events are the biggest draw of Fantasy Roleplay’s environment; You can combat the environment, other people, and even hordes of creatures like goblins, undead, or wolves. However, because of the nature of these events, along with how time consuming or overall painful it can be to acquire an Event Team member SOLELY to hunt a boar in the forest or track a wolf in the woods - Player Events exist as a means to allow players to host for other players and provide enjoyment amongst one another without requiring the input of Staff Members.

Although Event Team will always strive to host grand, fun events for all, they cannot split themselves into thousands to host ten different hunting events or miniscule interactions between Players and mundane creatures; This way, Players can do the hosting themselves. There are, however, rules to this, and they are written below, detailing which creatures may be played and when.

The following is a list of creatures able to be used in Player Events by hosts. This list will be updated as needed.
  • Generally; Anything “Mundane” that provides no specific benefit.
  • IRL Mundane Animals; Bears, wolves (including Dire Wolves), deer, and similar.
  • Mundane Lore Creatures; Geekats
  • General Undead; Corpsemen and Skeletons
Rules
  • You cannot use a Player Event to attack other settlements.
  • You cannot use Player Events events to defend settlements.
  • When doing a Player Event, players are not able to tame whatever creature they are hunting or involved with. (This is to prevent amassing of armies by taming thousands of wolves, or similar.)
  • Event Team will not produce or approve any items produced as product of the event’s happenings. All items such as trophies or foodstuffs must be made by the players involved.
  • If the host of the event unrealistically roleplays the creatures involved, it is possible to be blacklisted from hosting any other Player Events.
  • You may not perform Player Events within settlements without approval from the Nation Leader.
The general note is that being able to perform DIY Events is a privilege, not a right; You can have this privilege revoked at the will of Event Team or Moderation’s ruling should you or another host break the rules involved with hosting a DIY Event.

For futher Event Team inquiries, please reference the Event Team FAQ first.
Click [HERE] to see the Event Team FAQ.

Last edited:

Nardi

Reaction score
I do like this idea, I really do but I have a strong love hate relationship with it. I feel like this is both a positive and a negative to the server. There are plenty of reasons why and I'll list them. I am aware that this is already implemented but I have decided I should share my concerns with this.

The positive:
-Players don't have to rely on ET to do small events such as hunts etc as posted above.
-Players can interact together in a group and this can serve as a 'trial period' for future ETs if they want to take part in Event Team.

The negative:
-Players may have no clue how to interact with specific creatures such as Undead, or even some animals making it easy for them to accidentally mess up an encounter.
-Potential bias of groups giving out special items even if they are mundane can still alter roleplay such as acquiring a significant amount of an item such as spider glands, or even small items.
-Seemingly no limit to how many events you can run per day / week / hour.
-Devalue of events making them seem dry or overused if not done correctly.
-A lot of players would want some sort of gain from encounters.
-No moderation with the event.

These are a small collection of concerns that I personally have with this type of style of events and I only bring this up as my guild deals with a lot of Event and Lore Team back and forth. Truthfully, I believe the post is because of guilds like AG, and my own guild that involve interaction with such creatures even if it's small. This brings to the concern of bias while even though as I stated above in the negatives there can be issues with bias for specific people there needs to be more restriction to who can do this or better guidelines to running an event. While it is a good idea to let the players use their imagination it also is a curse which can spiral to negative connotations to events. I personally think even the small interactions with creatures such as boars, or even a bear are significant encounters that can give irp gain regardless if the player is 'trading' it in a way. Now this comes to the question of let's say someone /does/ kill an animal, what are the restrictions on what they can acquire for example, a boar; We have so many items we can take from the boar that could potentially change RP much of; The tusks, blood, leather, meat. You could easily argue the leather and blood are mundane enough to not really give much change in roleplay, although for some people who are thinking outside of the box could think of other ways to use them in other ways. For example; typically in games fantasy specific ones Alchemy uses the system of blood to give power with combining them with other materials, to my knowledge with experimentation FRP follows a similar type of algorithm. Another point to bring up not all players know how to interact while roleplaying specific creatures I don't think many people know how to roleplay a goblin. I sure as hell don't know how to roleplay a goblin on FRP as they could be drastically different than a goblin from DnD. My final point here because I don't think many want to read a huge wall of text is that players could also use events as a way to oocly trade items for example, a goblin has a mithril sword for whatever reason but it's stupid for Jenko (Made up name) to give it to his buddy instead he hosts a event basically letting him kill the goblin. There NEEDs to be moderation to some degree, or at least evidence of proper roleplay.

I want to note I'm not here to banter back and forth with people about what they think these are my opinions and you can take them as you will. I simply am writing this post to show my concern as I'm someone who runs a guild similar to AGs style.

Last edited:

kabo0m

Reaction score
I do like this idea, I really do but I have a strong love hate relationship with it. I feel like this is both a positive and a negative to the server. There are plenty of reasons why and I'll list them. I am aware that this is already implemented but I have decided I should share my concerns with this.

The positive:
-Players don't have to rely on ET to do small events such as hunts etc as posted above.
-Players can interact together in a group and this can serve as a 'trial period' for future ETs if they want to take part in Event Team.

The negative:
-Players may have no clue how to interact with specific creatures such as Undead, or even some animals making it easy for them to accidentally mess up an encounter.
-Potential bias of groups giving out special items even if they are mundane can still alter roleplay such as acquiring a significant amount of an item such as spider glands, or even small items.

These are a small collection of concerns that I personally have with this type of style of events and I only bring this up as my guild deals with a lot of Event and Lore Team back and forth. Truthfully, I believe the post is because of guilds like AG, and my own guild that involve interaction with such creatures even if it's small. This brings to the concern of bias while even though as I stated above in the negatives there can be issues with bias for specific people there needs to be more restriction to who can do this or better guidelines to running an event. While it is a good idea to let the players use their imagination it also is a curse which can spiral to negative connotations to events. I personally think even the small interactions with creatures such as boars, or even a bear are significant encounters that can give irp gain regardless if the player is 'trading' it in a way. Now this comes to the question of let's say someone /does/ kill an animal, what are the restrictions on what they can acquire for example, a boar; We have so many items we can take from the boar that could potentially change RP much of; The tusks, blood, leather, meat. You could easily argue the leather and blood are mundane enough to not really give much change in roleplay, although for some people who are thinking outside of the box could think of other ways to use them in other ways. For example; typically in games fantasy specific ones Alchemy uses the system of blood to give power with combining them with other materials, to my knowledge with experimentation FRP follows a similar type of algorithm. Another point to bring up not all players know how to interact while roleplaying specific creatures I don't think many people know how to roleplay a goblin. I sure as hell don't know how to roleplay a goblin on FRP as they could be drastically different than a goblin from DnD. My final point here because I don't think many want to read a huge wall of text is that players could also use events as a way to oocly trade items for example, a goblin has a mithril sword for whatever reason but it's stupid for Jenko (Made up name) to give it to his buddy instead he hosts a event basically letting him kill the goblin. There NEEDs to be moderation to some degree, or at least evidence of proper roleplay.

I want to note I'm not here to banter back and forth with people about what they think these are my opinions and you can take them as you will. I simply am writing this post to show my concern as I'm someone who runs a guild similar to AGs style.
I agree with Nardii, I believe there should be some way to show evidence of proper roleplay, for example. take screenshots then send it to a verified ET would be a solution. I worry it will be overused too much and the hosts will not roleplay accordingly to how they should act, of course. this is just what I think.

OP
Sukitoru

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
I am replying to you in address of your concerns.

Next time, message me - far easier to have a conversation.

That is not the fault of Event Team. You as a player are responsible for educating other players - Or not. People will learn themselves.

I don't know if you have ever ran events, but nobody is running an event every hour. That's how you burn and explode.

It is literally only mundane creatures and basic undead. The other events which exist will still be just as fantastical because players will still need to be Event Team members to have things like ogres or other things show up. This actually gives more value to Event Team occurences because now there will be an influx of these super common creatures being witnessed, as they should be, in our wilderness, and the magical ones showing up every now and again.

And it is up to the hosts to provide gain if they can. This makes people share items amongst eachother. I fail to see the issue.

It doesn't say you can roleplay a giant spider, does it? It says you can play mundane animals. If someone gives out a thousand giant spider glands from killing a wild dog, you should report it.

The entire point is to make things easier on staff. We do not need to moderate someone fighting a wolf or a bear, because if it goes sour, it is not the fault of us, but the player. The player will be reported to staff if they play the event wrong - That is the "moderation". Please look at the rules. That is also "moderation".

This brings to the concern of bias while even though as I stated above in the negatives there can be issues with bias for specific people there needs to be more restriction to who can do this or better guidelines to running an event.
Wouldn't it be ... worse, if people had to get specially approved just to play a wolf in the wilderness? What bias can exist when anyone can run DIY Events for anyone else at any time in any nation?

I personally think even the small interactions with creatures such as boars, or even a bear are significant encounters that can give irp gain regardless if the player is 'trading' it in a way. Now this comes to the question of let's say someone /does/ kill an animal, what are the restrictions on what they can acquire for example, a boar; We have so many items we can take from the boar that could potentially change RP much of; The tusks, blood, leather, meat. You could easily argue the leather and blood are mundane enough to not really give much change in roleplay, although for some people who are thinking outside of the box could think of other ways to use them in other ways. For example; typically in games fantasy specific ones Alchemy uses the system of blood to give power with combining them with other materials, to my knowledge with experimentation FRP follows a similar type of algorithm.
Great! If you want to creatively use PLAYER MADE items to contribute to roleplay, that's a great and awesome thing you're doing! Not everything needs to be event signed, and if you are worried about 'Boar's blood' being used in alchemy, answer me this: There are hundreds of pigs in the server to kill, and you can just get boar's blood from any one of them. What is the difference when a Ranger hosts events for other Rangers and says "The boar dies from the eighteen arrows it has in its head now"? The Lore Team signature?

If you are concerned about devaluing something, look no further than the Lore and Event Team signatures. They have been used and abused so many times by older staff members there's now hundreds of items that don't really need a lore team sign because they're not special. The worst I've seen is a cooked piece of steak renamed to 'Bear Meat' and signed by an ET.

Signatures do not make something 'worth more' or special. This does not devalue signatures or lore items, it gives them more value.

Another point to bring up not all players know how to interact while roleplaying specific creatures I don't think many people know how to roleplay a goblin. I sure as hell don't know how to roleplay a goblin on FRP as they could be drastically different than a goblin from DnD.
Great point. I removed goblins and ghouls from the playable list. Thank you for bringing up your concerns.

My final point here because I don't think many want to read a huge wall of text is that players could also use events as a way to oocly trade items for example, a goblin has a mithril sword for whatever reason but it's stupid for Jenko (Made up name) to give it to his buddy instead he hosts a event basically letting him kill the goblin. There NEEDs to be moderation to some degree, or at least evidence of proper roleplay.
Goblins are removed from being playable, so this point is now hung up to dry. If you see someone having a corpseman wield a mithril sword, report them to Event Team or Moderation, and they'll handle the issue. Simple.

I simply am writing this post to show my concern as I'm someone who runs a guild similar to AGs style.
Great. Hopefully you can benefit from not needing to wait days on end for an Event Team member just to hunt down a scorpion or a boar.
Thanks for your input.

OP
Sukitoru

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
I agree with Nardii, I believe there should be some way to show evidence of proper roleplay, for example. take screenshots then send it to a verified ET would be a solution. I worry it will be overused too much and the hosts will not roleplay accordingly to how they should act, of course. this is just what I think.
Then report them. It is not difficult.

You underestimate the capabilities of our players - and this is an olive branch given to allow players to make their own fun.
Many are not some dullard who cannot play a wolf correctly. You need to be a special kind of silly to not know how to roleplay as a deer, even to a basic level.

Again; This is to let people facilitate and continue their own roleplay without the need of staff elbowing-in. The less staff are required, the better, because that way, roleplay can continue on and there are ZERO ways someone can be biased about it simply by product of every player being capable of doing it.

STBNL

VIP
Reaction score
Username
STBNL
I am still confused for a fact that this 'diy event' seems so lazy in response to a guild that is recently popping up, that has a hunting side towards it. A player ran company is just already tedious on its alone to host and to be told hey do this on your own rather than the people who applied to be ets for a reason to help us. How are we supposed to pay our employees to collect resources being retracted from the same people who are running said player events??

Last edited:

Artoria

VIP
Reaction score
I am still confused for a fact that this 'diy event' seems so lazy in response to a guild that is recently popping up, that has a hunting side towards it. A player ran company is just already tedious on its alone to host and to be told hey do this on your own rather than the people who applied to be ets for a reason to help us. How are we supposed to pay our employees to collect resources being retracted from the same people who are running said player events??
I can sympathize with the statement on running a guild/business that is mostly player ran as I've had experience with this in the past, it is tedious, yes. To have a hunting aspect for a guild is always good, however, in the post it says 'mundane' creatures. I highly doubt 'higher-end' hunting drops would be affected by a player's ineptitude and or ability to just play as said 'mundane' creatures. DIY events seem to relieve stress off of ET, not too different from the fact that 'normal' player events play a part in that.

In my opinion, ET and some LT have a part in collecting resources. However, it saddens me to see that everybody has become so reliant on ET/LT for just some fun/meaningful roleplay. It isnt ET's job to do repeated, boring events that are a slog - I believe it is their job to supplement roleplay with fun, enjoyable happenstances that provide contributions to roleplay.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

the magic convocation was an elden ring reference
preparing for art fight, open to trades or gold comms for a bit :thumbs_up:
can we get another tourney pls :begging:
Looking for someone to play my nephew. his name is aspen bear parks and he is roselia park's child. DM samm<3#5904 for details and skin

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimeTime0