Passing the Torch

Reaction score
Passing the Torch

Elathion, in a few months.

As announced today at court, I am hereby officially abdicating my throne. For quite a few years, I have served this Kingdom to the best of my ability. Like all things, this must come to an end, and as such, I am passing the torch on to my successor. The Elders have convened and appointed Lephilia Isilros as the next to take up the burden of monarchy. I rest assured that as I leave, I am succeeded by a competent Queen, accompanied by a competent council to aid her.

Lephilia, to you I wish that you may remain virtuous throughout your reign. Be wise, be firm where you can and gentle where you need to. Have the wisdom to not only expense justice but to seek reconcilement between parties. Maintain the peace, and remain proactive in both diplomacy and ensuring that our Kingdom is lively.

To the council, the elders, the stewards, guards, tavernworkers, clinicians, druids, estuaries and all others who have helped me during my reign, thank you. It would not have gone as smoothly if you had not been there.

To my Queen, I know you did not want to be queen, but nonetheless, you did a splendid job at it. You were the one I could always count on for support and guidance, and the one I could show weakness to when the throne demanded I appear strong. I look forward to spending more time with you.

I promised prosperity and tranquility, and for the most part, I delivered.

Stay strong, Aellen.

- Elathion Dagre’sae
I had a lot of fun being King, despite how stressful the job of being an NL sometimes is. There’s a lot of people I want to thank for their help but I was already crying when I got to this part while writing this. If you helped make my reign great, you know who you are, I appreciate you, and I hope you guys continue to make Aellen a great and welcoming nation for everyone to enjoy.

I’m by no means quitting FRP, although in July I’ll barely be able to log on, so you won’t be seeing me on for a good while. I’ve got some grass touching to do after all these hours spent nation leading.

Also, and this goes to everyone from every nation, show some love to your nation leader. They spent countless hours organising stuff so you can have fun, and it’s often a stressful and time consuming job. I wouldn’t have made it this far without the occasional words of encouragement from various members of my community, and it really does make it feel a lot better to spend all these hours worrying about hours when you’re told that it matters by your players. Let your nationleaders know when they do good, and also let them know when they’re doing things you don’t like, but remain respectful, they’re trying their best.

That’ll be all from me today!
Flemish, out.

Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
Lixis Reyphyra
Discord
woot#4467
Lixis yawned in displeasure.
"I enjoyed serving you Elathion, it is sad to see you step down.'

Yeeter54740

Reaction score
"You were a good king Elathion, best in aellens history in my opinion, and you were an even better friend." - Regar Thundereye

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
Dain smiled as he prepared his family armor and readied himself for a year of guarding his grandmother from vampires and assassination attempts "You were the greatest king this nation has ever had. Enjoy your rest."

cbceps

Reaction score
Username
Thidical
Character Name
Argo Rosser
Discord
Thidical#1212
Argo Rosser took to the steps of the palace after the announcement had been concluded, gazing to Annûmara in reflection as he travelled down them, then off to the steps adjacent to Tor Ascara's square. "Here's to a great monarch, and to the appointment of another just as honourable."

Thank you Flem for working your ass off day-in, day-out. Enjoy the break.

bruhelena

Application
Reaction score
Username
bruhelena
Character Name
Elysia | Floria | Davina
Discord
elenaa#7721
Elysia Brodvek would sigh.
"You have been a wonderful king, Im sad to see you go. Good luck with all that comes next."

(Thanks for everything Flem, you made Aellen an awesome place.)

frill

Reaction score
Username
frill
Character Name
john government
Discord
myshkin#0001
Larthamiel winces.

slimewife

VIP
Reaction score
Username
slimewife
Character Name
Ilyana Isilros
Discord
slime#2468
Ilyana made sure to spend some time in The Hollow to think about everything regarding the abdication. Ultimately, she was upset; but would remain strong and hopeful for the future due to Elathion's support and kind-hearted words.
"Have fun on your vacation! Don't eat too much~!"

//in all seriousness flem, you did probably one of the most amazing jobs as nl ive seen. you made aellen welcoming and enjoyable to spend time in. i respect your ability to keep the peace and be kind to others, especially newer players. i didn't know you the entire time you ruled Aellen, but it was damn good to be able to witness some of that. have a nice break! its well deserved <3

laze

VIP
Reaction score
Username
laaze
Character Name
Josh Griffinthorn
Discord
laze#7115
Josh Griffinthorn would give an Aellen salute to Elation, balling up a fist and placing it gently onto his chest "It was an honor to serve you sir"

OOC: Thank you so much for being so supportive to me, hope you have a damn good break Flem :)

garmidon

Reaction score
Username
ThunderCaster
Character Name
Lucas Brodvek
Discord
garmidon#4917
Standing in front of the front door that leads to the palace, Lucas would let out a little sigh. Memories and flashbacks would begin swirling in his mind, he would remember the memories he had with his king, the day he met him, the days he was inspired by him into joining the military, the times he was helping in keeping him safe or fulfilling his orders. The elf was so amazed by the kindness and great leadership of his king that he did his best to climb the ranks in the military dreaming of becoming Ailuil and be his all time guard, but oh well, things sometimes leave as fast as they came into our lives. The warrior would then step inside the empty gathering room looking around and recalling the meetings he attended there. Standing in front of the throne Lucas would take out his mithril blade as softly putting it ,tip down, against the floor as he kneeled on one knee to the empty throne “King Elathion, you were by far the best king and leader i have ever come to met, you were the person that guided me out of my dark past and that showed me light and the true meaning of being a guard and helping those in need. I would never have asked for a better king, and I am happy to have been by your side as you accomplished all of this great work.” The elf, now slowly standing up, would gaze at the throne one last time before leaving to accomplish the rest of his dreams..

[OOC]: flem you have been one of the kindest souls i have met on frp, i hope that you enjoy your break and i will always wait for you to come back to frp :) and thank you , thank you for everything you have done

BluSensei

VIP
Reaction score
Username
Blubertimus
Character Name
Hanselt-Konstantin Siegfried Mannhardt
Discord
BluSensei#8449
*Hanselt would sit at the tree reading his book as he overheard the news of the king stepping down. He would miss him have seen him a lot while relaxing under the tree as he read his book with his elfess friend.*

Ren_2

Reaction score
Avi would smile as he looked over his work in the lab, the books spread out but looked to hold some kind of order to his mind. He was humming softly as he worked, his mind wandering to the many years he had worked along side Elathion, "I would not change a single moment I had while you ruled my friend." He commented to himself as he sat alone and began to get to work. The man had granted him so much freedom in the lab it was time he went forward and really used it for what he wanted. He could see the order forum and next to it the rolled up plans for the weapon that he had delivered to the crafts worker. He knew it would be only a matter of time before he would go out again and gather more information and materials for the lab and the people he cared for in Aellen, "I think I will do that... Yes, good idea." The man commented again to himself. He had achieved so much under Elathion time on the throne. He was grateful for every conversation he had with the man... Now it felt like a good time to finally show him just all he had done from behind the doors of the lab.

Darken

VIP
Reaction score
Character Name
'I.C.A'
Discord
Darkx#4901
"The queen will definitely let me kill the dwelves in her hand, AHAHA! .. Where is the henbane now?" says Baby Bee VIII, The Dwelf Hunter.

ephi

VIP
Reaction score
Username
HeyEphi
Character Name
Zetari Reykian | Marsaili Ròsach | Arla Des'Nox | Park Sun-hi
Discord
HeyEphi#5475
Silent within her chamber, the elfess peers over the declaration with tired eyes. She wonders, in her mind, whether or not this is the greatest idea for the Kingdom. However, of course, she keeps her opinions to herself and carries on with her days.

Reaction score
Kaz A. Isilros looked at the declaration with not a look of sadness, but of hope. "Mother, I hope you'll become as great a ruler as Elathion himself..." He muttered under his breath. "Tsk. I will miss Elathion on his vacation and forever miss him as King. But, the torch must always pass I guess."

KordoL

Lore
Reaction score
Great mortals walk our lands, Keno thought to himself, whilst riding down the dirty road. Pious mortals. Patient mortals. Brave mortals. Good mortals. Good peasants, good merchants, good knights - even good kings.
Keno thought back, to different times. He has not heard much of this Elathion, however he remembered a brave and competent leader in the ruins of ruined Lothelia. He saw a competent leader when they were training for the horrific siege of Lothelia. He remembered the ideal elf - him not being afraid to admit to have met a good elf. But more as a elf, a friend. A king. Truly a king that not only the elves will remember - even grumpy small fishermen. Luckily, the former king walks among us, living a simple life, only successful people wish to have.

Cepheid_

Media
Reaction score
Username
Cepheid_
Character Name
Meredith | Aerenia | Solyrn
All grew quiet as the sunrays shined upon the early morning horizon from the simple cliffside where an elfess resided, stepping out with her straw hat on her head towards the expanse of cabbages she had grown over the years. She placed a simple strand of wheat between her teeth as her azure gaze settled onto the sight before her; the stars setting behind her as the sun rose forth to mark the dawn of a new day beneath the twisted hickory tree. Chickens clucked idly in the background as they awoke from their slumber in the safety of the coop, laying their eggs to be collected for the day.

Aerenia let out a sigh as she began the work necessary to maintain the farm, recalling everything in her life over the past few years. Annoyances over the bickering in court, always seeming to have so much to do and so little time for anything she truly loved, a problem no matter how minute was always bigger than it should have been. She never intended to be queen, nor did she seem to like the position in the later years, yet despite it all she seemed to be at peace with it. A smile rested on the elfess's visage when she realized that they could finally have that retirement they had always talked about when it seemed to be the most stressful. "It's time for respite." She muttered to herself, yet still she continued, tending to the farm.

Flem,you've always been there for me at my worst when I needed you the most, from redacted on redacted to Rheynland to recently. You did a fantastic job leading Aellen and you should be incredibly proud of everything you've done for everyone. Thank you for making Aellen a place I enjoyed for the time I was around it. You've earned this break.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Goth Vampire Girlfriend Plush
Are you an artist? Would you like to potentially win 10 skin crates? There's an ongoing art competition across the RPH network!

For more information, check the RPH discord: https://discord.gg/mV95JWrs
I'm live on Twitch, come hang out! Fifa pro clubs div 1 gameplay https://www.twitch.tv/luma_sightz?sr=a (or just search LuMa_SightZ on Twitch!)
I can't believe the thing that ended up uniting former [redacted] enemies together on side is the united hatred for SRPers
Fun fact: the Zhul Mesa is the same map as the Orc lore battle
What should I eat/cook for breakfast tomorrow?
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyxanderebos