Onnensr
Character Name
Lugash Isilme
Discord
Onnensr#3027
MC Username: Onnensr

DiscordTag: Onnensr#3027

Timezone: CST

How well do you know the existing server lore? I'd say I know a good fair bit, my character Lugash has explored many avenues of the world and its magic in spite of never becoming a sorcerer or anything like that. Religion is a chief interest of us both, I'd say he knows that best of all.

Why do you want to join the team? What kind of lore do you want to write about? I've always been of the opinion that a world's lore has to have two things: accessibility, and ceaseless depth. Some may argue against this, and in some instances I could very much be wrong, but I feel that while FRP's lore is very accessible it just isn't very deep. Starting in one corner of the pool and plunging deeper and deeper from there, I'd like to see the server go into extremes of depth someday, but for the moment I'd just like to see religion become a more tangible, significant thing in the commonplace of Enarion. I've spent a lot of time learning different elements of theology in the past year or so as well as some occult traditions that relate to it, and I think I could certainly offer unique perspectives on what it necessarily means to be a religion or to be the 'idea' of a culture's Supreme Being.

What interests you about fantasy settings in general? Fantasy is to me an outlet by which we can experience the mundane in the extraordinary, and the extraordinary in the mundane. When our ordinary world is decorated by things of myth and wonder, opportunity arises to see stories impossible in our day-to-day - and I personally feel it nearly as real as real itself, when it's good. Through it we can witness in a place between first and second-hand horrors that would otherwise break us and wonders that would otherwise be too great to leave behind. In fantasy you might experience power-trips unavailable in other media, but just as importantly we can have through it 'disempowerment'-trips that we simply couldn't and often shouldn't suffer outside these spaces. It's a 'safe' way to face fears, inner-turmoil, and real world issues while also having fun, telling a good story, and making friends along the way.

Do you have any prior experience with writing lore? Please provide examples if you can. I've never written an exact 'lore document' before, only through the occasional advisory role have I assisted others in that kind of work, but it's never been for a lack of interest in doing so. Friends already apart of the lore team have come and asked me for my thoughts on things several times in the past, and in humbleness they give me a great deal of praise for my answers more often than not. In a previous server the most similar business I've had to this was redesigning an entire religion from the ground up, having to do so after it suffered certain silly, intentional, and rather obnoxious 'structural issues'. Your standard, unimaginative pseudochristianity over time became a kindof willfully-fanatic, 'Eastern Orthodox' reimagining that outwardly grew into its own bureaucracy-hating semi-monarchy with entirely 'on-its-sleeve' human sacrifices and - so I've been told - very excellent propaganda. I like good storytelling, and I just as much I like to have a good /vessel/ for storytelling. When I don't have one, I create my own.

Emp__

Event
Reaction score
+1 A fellow with wonderful writing skills that I think could really help the team! Good pick overall.

particri

VIP
Reaction score
Character Name
Flieur-Anne
+10000

Amazing human being and story teller. Pays close attention to details plus wants to continuously help advance story. Great communicator and RPer

Wallace

Reaction score
I've known and talked to Onnen for over a year now. An approachable and truly honest friend who excels in fleshing out and reimagining lore and story-telling, grand and nieche. Even under the most adverse of conditions I've watched him ceaselessly endeavour in group and solo tasks that others would lose heart or become single-minded in. I'd say he'd be a wonderful boost of serotonin for the team. +1

Reaction score
I have had a talk with this individual now and again and he does have an eye for balance, fun, and story. Would be happy yo have more LTs to make a more well explored and defined setting.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Would comment on the post but comments are disabled - it's honestly pretty poor that deity progression was removed without any immediate alternative considering how big of an interest it is for a lot of players. It was not broken enough to warrant immediate removal & has instead left the server with even fewer meaningful things to do.

Hope a lesson is learnt from this considering it seems likely that religion won't be meaningful again for another month or two.
THE WRAITH REWRITE DUB THE WRAITH REWRITE DUB HOO HAA HOO HAA HOO HAA @ninjaclimb1 @pkdon @FlemishSupremacy @Dog
The auction now is selling imbued gems! Come take a look! Or auction your own items ...

How I prepare my cookies:

The cookies I usually buy or make myself a too crunchy so what I do is leave them open in the air for a few days so they soften up, here is my Ranklist:

0 Days: Crunchy
1 Day: Tough Bread
2 Days: Bread
3. Days Soft Bread

I do not recommend doing it later than 3 days, though. Enjoy eating your soft cookies!

My dog was stylin' up until his last breath.
executive order #4, only @Alphycat can be my Simple Life partner. no one else can compare, sorry not sorry!! <3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
micahvtuber