Lore
Reaction score
Username
Cepheid_
Character Name
Saoirse

Mayoral Election of 18 AC

18th of the Blood Moon, 17 AC
The capital city of Avengard is officially hosting its first election for the position of Mayor. The position of Mayor is one that is elected by the people to serve as the head of the Avengard City Council for four years. The Mayor is responsible for holding and planning City Council meetings and administering over the City Council to ensure they are doing their work. The Mayor reports back to the Chamberlain for any immediate issues that need resolved from the Privy Council. Should the elected Mayor be deemed as ill-fitting for the position, the Privy Council will be able to veto the vote and pick from the second-place candidate.
Requirements for running for Mayor are simple; one must be a citizen of Rheynland for more than one year and be over the age of eighteen. One must send in their nominations to the Office of the Chamberlain by the Eclipse, from there the candidates will be announced and they will have one year to campaign before voting. [[OOC: Respond with the following filled out in a forum response, due by Saturday, 12 pm EST.]]
[[OOC]] IGN:
[[OOC]] DISCORD:
Name:
Address:
Small Description of City Council Plans:
The Privy Council is also looking for driven individuals to nominate themselves for the following positions; Head of Ceremonies and Archpriest. The Head of Ceremonies will work closely with the Chamberlain to conduct festivities in the Kingdom and the Archpriest must work closely to revive the clergy. The Privy Council will choose from the most fitting candidates for the positions. One may send their self-nominations or nominate other individuals to the Office of the Chamberlain. [[OOC: Respond with the following filled out in a forum response, no due date, until positions are filled.]]
[[OOC]] IGN:
[[OOC]] DISCORD:
Name:
Position:
Address:

Reaction score
Username
ImmortalShadowZ
Character Name
Ranger Tom Shadow
Discord
@Shadowz#8490
OOC]] IGN: ImmortalShadowZ
[[OOC]] DISCORD: Shadowz#8490
Name: Tom Shadow
Race: Human
Address: Norman way 6 & Norman way 7
Small Description of City Council Plans: welcoming foreigners, building the great Rheynland people community, ensuring the people will be safe in times of crisis with the help of the army.

Last edited:

TheGavna

Reaction score
Username
TheGavna
Character Name
Arthur J. Percival
Discord
Gavna#6864
I've been waiting for this...

[[OOC]] IGN: TheGavna
[[OOC]] DISCORD: Gavna#6864
Name: Arthur James Percival
Address: Scholar Street 3rd / Scholar Square 3rd (Tax office says the latter)
To make Avengard a city worth living in, e.g. Making sure there's enough housing for families and the poor, Providing protection for every citizen from barbarians and bandits outside of Avengard and creating a strong, but fair justice system for criminals to be properly prosecuted.

t9p

Reaction score
[[OOC]] IGN: t9P
[[OOC]] DISCORD: just kat#4950
Name: Quincy Faygo
Address: Stable Court 3
Small Description of City Council Plans: We need to make Rheynland greater and safer. As Major I will be active in the community, listening to the voices of the citizens and people as they are the foundations of this grand city. Next, I will enforce the protection of this city, building ballistae on the walls; doing so Rheynland will no longer be defenseless against giant creatures that pose a higher threat. Finally to cut this short, I will be honest to thy people that if a close danger lurks they wouldn't be blind to see.

Awhoo

Reaction score
Username
Awhoo
Discord
Horton#4181
[[OOC]] IGN: Awhoo
[[OOC]] DISCORD: Horton#4181
Name: Edward Mythrilpouch
Race: Dwarf
Address: 7th of Wiccan Way

As mayor I, Edward Mythrilpouch, would first focus on establishing annual town meetings before then promoting the establishment of local businesses and an increase of local commerce. To do this I would work with the local guilds and companies of the area to provide funding and employment for those without jobs. For commerce regarding aristocrats, I will facilitate events such as public auctions of luxury goods.

Regarding the defense of the city, I will promote the Rheynland military and its jobs as well as work with the newly-founded Engineering guild to arm them with siege weaponry.
Most importantly, however, is that a statue will be built in Daleka's honor.

- E. Mythrilpouch