Lore Battles | Introduction

FANTASY RP

Administrator
Reaction score

Welcome to all, denizens of Enarion and avid roleplayers of FantasyRP to our official server lore battles which aims to give you a say and perspective on the narrative of Enarion’s rich history. The lore battles will feature several historical battles between rival kingdoms and clans as their wars and conflict help to shape the rich history of the continent. From squabbling inner-feuding dwarf lords to the human war of independence, you will be able to experience those battles and have the opportunity of changing the outcome.
Every month the RoleplayHub community will be invited to partake in our FantasyRP event which should serve as a time of community bonding and an exercise in stress-free conflict fun. The events will take part in the RoleplayHub event server which can be accessed via the network hub, meaning that you do not require a whitelist to partake in this event. For now we would like to keep the doors open for potential new players and our sister server SchoolRP and their community. As a word of note this may change depending on how well managed and structured the events turn out to be and whether or not this model proves to be a successful and an enjoyable experience.
Now moving onto some further detail we will be experimenting with some custom plugins which will feature a kill tally system and player shop which will allow you to exchange kill tokens for FantasyRP exclusive gear. This aims to bring a sense of competitiveness and fun to a mindless brawl, so playing smart and getting kills is not only beneficial to your team but also to yourself. We hope that this announcement is exciting and helps to show the community the possibilities that our server have to offer!

BATTLE OF BROTHER SKALDS 778 AL
12th of December, 5 PM EST - 10 PM GMT | Post

SACKING OF PRITAS 844 AL
TBA

BATTLE OF THE EMERALD GLADE 799 AL
TBA

SIEGE OF SYDFLODHJEM 410 AL
TBA

Last edited by a moderator:

Karim

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Karim__
Discord
Karim#4233

ephemeralrose

Reaction score
Username
ephemeralrose
Character Name
Kianthys Ilvaris
Discord
ephemeral#5475

Muffins29

Reaction score
Username
Muffins29
Character Name
Nyx Amakiir and Yserine Galandale
Discord
Muffins#1753

Darken

Reaction score
Username
DarkxWalker
Character Name
Asher A.
Discord
Darkx#6250

Sukitoru

Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Cool idea, but I don't think this is a great idea .. Changing lore itself would be akin to a time-travel event, and seems like a lesser than ideal way to make players feel included. Alongside that, this only further supports PVP over RP, when in war, there could be RP assassination, espionage, traitors, et cetera - It removes a lot of the nuance from war, so to say? My opinion is likely completely and utterly irrelevant, but I thought it would be food for thought.

Callum

Event
Reaction score
Cringe.
Cool idea, but I don't think this is a great idea .. Changing lore itself would be akin to a time-travel event, and seems like a lesser than ideal way to make players feel included. Alongside that, this only further supports PVP over RP, when in war, there could be RP assassination, espionage, traitors, et cetera - It removes a lot of the nuance from war, so to say? My opinion is likely completely and utterly irrelevant, but I thought it would be food for thought.
I think it’s a good way for players to have fun with friends and it’s not gonna matter to u the outcome of a war in the previous ages it’s clearly just a bit of fun. And sure ur right there is more to a war but this is JUST the battle. Also you like to mention putting PvP over RP but this is server history 1k yrs ago. What you do in rp isn't gonna effect it and someone making a decision in a locked chat of who wins is far less fun then hopping into a vc with a bunch of friends and messing around in a fight

Rumpo

Senior Administrator
Reaction score
Username
Rumpo
Character Name
Rumpo
Discord
Rumpo#1929
Cool idea, but I don't think this is a great idea .. Changing lore itself would be akin to a time-travel event, and seems like a lesser than ideal way to make players feel included.
It isn’t changing the overall direction of any lore, it’s a creative way to add to the lore.

The lore currently talks about wars in the timeline, and the victors of said wars - but it doesn’t shed any light on any famous or significant battles that took place.

This provides a way to flesh out the current lore and add more substance to it without changing the direction of it nor any important events.

It also cannot be changing lore - because there is no current written lore for any of these battles, other than the fact they are apart of a war in lore.

Alongside that, this only further supports PVP over RP, when in war, there could be RP assassination, espionage, traitors, et cetera - It removes a lot of the nuance from war, so to say?
I also heavily disagree with the fact it promotes a PVP atmosphere, it is literally an”for fun” battle that will take place once a month with some immersion added in to it.

There is also much more to a war than a battle, correct however as you said, altering the outcome of a war would be changing written lore, this is not a deducing factor of a war. It is a unwritten battle that will help flesh out the lore.

Sukitoru

Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
It isn’t changing the overall direction of any lore, it’s a creative way to add to the lore.

The lore currently talks about wars in the timeline, and the victors of said wars - but it doesn’t shed any light on any famous or significant battles that took place.

This provides a way to flesh out the current lore and add more substance to it without changing the direction of it nor any important events.

It also cannot be changing lore - because there is no current written lore for any of these battles, other than the fact they are apart of a war in lore.

I also heavily disagree with the fact it promotes a PVP atmosphere, it is literally an”for fun” battle that will take place once a month with some immersion added in to it, it will not decide any war nor anything of the likes.
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from the way i read it, i read it as "decides lore or history" my bad, i compared it to time travel cos of that

Simba

Administrator
Reaction score
The idea behind lore battles isn’t to heavily influence the lore nor decide the outcome of a war. It merely stands as a point to detail the inner workings of a war through player-fought battles. Ie. World War I and II were comprised of a multitude of battles, ranging from the Battle of the Sommes, Siege of Leningrad, Battle of the Atlantic, etc. These battles, while offering a significant addition to the outcome of the war, do not determine the outcome of the war itself. Likewise, in relation to the battles, they’re merely player-fought warclaims to enhance the story of past wars.

I would personally much rather prefer a war made of many small interlinking battles, than a war that simply is “elf win”. It also grants players a chance to get accustomed to the pvp functions of the server, and experience what a warclaim can be like without any substantial damage to any nation’s current integrity.

TL;DR: Players can try out pvp/war system, helps build some battle stories, just a fun event for everyone to enjoy. Not obligated to participate in

AGiantPie

Senior Administrator
Reaction score
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from the way i read it, i read it as "decides lore or history" my bad, i compared it to time travel cos of that
Do you know about the "End Times" from Warhammer Fantasy Battles? It's basically the same concept. Players fight an actual battle, and we incorporate the results of the battle into the lore pieces. Note that we're focusing on battles in lesser known wars or wars where the outcome is not decided in history. We probably won't do a lore battle for the battle where the last king of all elves was slain by the humans, for example, because we know the outcome of that battle and we're not gonna re-write the conclusion. The four battles so far planned are all battles that have not been mentioned in lore previously and are "filling in the blanks" for our history.

Sukitoru

Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Do you know about the "End Times" from Warhammer Fantasy Battles? It's basically the same concept. Players fight an actual battle, and we incorporate the results of the battle into the lore pieces. Note that we're focusing on battles in lesser known wars or wars where the outcome is not decided in history. We probably won't do a lore battle for the battle where the last king of all elves was slain by the humans, for example, because we know the outcome of that battle and we're not gonna re-write the conclusion. The four battles so far planned are all battles that have not been mentioned in lore previously and are "filling in the blanks" for our history.
mmmmmmm gotcha

im just here for magic, just wanted to clarify a concern i had from before, glad this was cleared up, thanks rumpo-pie-simba

I'd like some parkour tho too

Last edited: