KNIGHTLY ORDER OF THE UNIFIED REALM - 47AC

pkdon

VIP
Reaction score
Character Name
Eadwulf of Myrfeld

KNIGHTLY ORDER OF THE UNIFIED REALM
Issued the 9th of The Bloodmoon - 47 A.C.
With the re-emergence of otherworldly horrors and beasts, the Lord King Godfrey has sought it fit to reinstate the Knightly Order, as a means of safeguarding the territories and preserving peace across the realm. Long did the Order protect the Kingdom, in the times of Edwyn and Westholm, and inevitably shall it continue to do so in the years to come.

Table of Contents
Hierarchy
The Code
Knightly Trials
Initiation

pasted image 0.jpg

It should be noted that previously knighted gentlemen bear no authority over the order, and are not members in its ranks.
Knight-Paramount - All ventures undertaken by Knights and hopefuls are overseen by the Paramount. As Head of the Order, they are responsible for conducting trials for squires, issuing quests and tasks to its members, as well as ensuring the safety of the Crown. A tutor, a paragon, an embodiment of all knightly values.

Knight-Errant - Serving as second-in-command to the Knight Paramount, the Errant completes similar duties to the aforementioned. In the instance of the Paramounts absence, the Knight Errant shall act as head of the Order, until his return. Should the position of Knight Paramount be vacant, due to the death or other circumstances, it is expected of the Knight Errant to occupy the position. The individual that is to assume the role of Errant is personally selected by the Knight Paramount.

Knight-Chronicler - The Lorekeeper of the Order, a position which entails various scholastic duties. All knights and their deeds are noted by the Chronicler in the organisation's many archives, so that their legacy may never be forgotten. The position of Knight-Chronicler is chosen through an election. The winner of such an election must be first approved by the Knight Paramount before assuming his station.

Bound by the Code which they live by, Knights are entrusted with the defence of the kingdom and, in some cases, the continent. Through all that they do, those who bear the King’s colours and are elevated to the prestigious standing of a knight, must in turn exhibit their knightly virtues. Their duties are implicit through the commandments which bind them.

Such entails the protection of the innocent and helpless, lest their blood besmirch one's conscience
Such entails the guarding of the realm, whether it be from threats internal or external
Such entails being learned in the art of battle, so one is prepared to face any foe that is encountered
Such entails loyalty to the crown, heeding to the orders of the King without question
Such entails a life of honour and selflessness. Never abandon a fellow brother, even if it means your life

unnamed.png

Those willing to commit their life to the code of the knight shall be tested in the knightly trials of Usyl. Squires undergo a set of tests which shall determine if they are worthy to represent Usyl and serve as a knight under the Kingdom of Calendale. Usyl offers strength to but a handful of denizens, so only eight knights shall be part of the roster at all times. Fail your knightly trial thrice and your opportunity to join the ranks is relinquished, permanently. Once knighted your role beares no permanence for others might prove more worthy and take your spot.

Such entails dueling and holding your ground against the realm’s most seasoned duelists.
Such entails proficient knowledge of the art of battle, and tactics surrounding such.
Such entails being schooled in the history of Calendale and her threats.
Such entails a test of strength against the otherworldly beasts of Enarion.

pasted image 0.png

Once a squire has proved his worthiness during the knightly trials, an initiation is to be held, publicly during court. The King of the United Realms of Calendale shall charge the squire to kneel, mirroring a vow presented by the ruler. A pledge shall be stated by the squire, one which shall be taken with him to the grave. Once the proceedings have concluded, the now-knight shall be styled as ‘Sir’.

Do you ____ Squire of ____ and Aspiring Knight of the Realm swear fealty to Myself King ____ as your rightful Liege? (I Do

To answer whenever called and to uphold the Honour of the Crown Whether upon the field of battle or in private? (I Do)

Do you swear to uphold to the utmost of your abilities the Code of the Realm, so that your Honour may be beyond question? (I Do)

Do you understand that by taking this oath, thrice confirmed that you have, in sight of Gods and Men sworn allegiance to the Kingdom of Calendale, and that to break this oath you shall be condemned to lose your titles, holding and life? (I Do)

Last edited:

Crusader_uno_

Reaction score
Username
_CRUSADER_UNO
Character Name
Uno|Theodas Erryss
Discord
OHITSUNO#2299
Uno appears behind Otto wondering what the extensive document was

Crusader_uno_

Reaction score
Username
_CRUSADER_UNO
Character Name
Uno|Theodas Erryss
Discord
OHITSUNO#2299
Uno also jumps as the sudden texts appear and hides behind Otto and peers again looking at extensive requirements, he said to himself ”Huh, I hope I can pass the test of becoming a Squire! Serving along these noble knights, is truly a dream of mine!”

Reaction score
Username
ImmortalShadowZ
Character Name
Ranger Thomas Smith
Discord
@Shadowz#8490
A Ranger would smile from afar. Seeing the knights of Westholm ride across the western plain.
Screenshot_20210527-151036~2.png

Last edited:

STBNL

VIP
Reaction score
Username
STBNL
“A knightly order oh how I remember this system back in the early days of Westholm, though I may be too old for this now.” Siegfried stroked his beard reading through the missive recalling memories of previous knights.

Awhoo

Event
Reaction score
Username
Awhoo
Discord
Horton#4181
Only the coolest of knights join the adventurer's guild.

Speaking of cool things there's this Korean Kindred GM OTP who plays pretty often. You should watch him!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tide

Reaction score
One Paul Reuben-Franz Peter Mannhardt nods eagerly at the missive. "Finally." The aspiring knight-to-be said!

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Would comment on the post but comments are disabled - it's honestly pretty poor that deity progression was removed without any immediate alternative considering how big of an interest it is for a lot of players. It was not broken enough to warrant immediate removal & has instead left the server with even fewer meaningful things to do.

Hope a lesson is learnt from this considering it seems likely that religion won't be meaningful again for another month or two.
THE WRAITH REWRITE DUB THE WRAITH REWRITE DUB HOO HAA HOO HAA HOO HAA @ninjaclimb1 @pkdon @FlemishSupremacy @Dog
The auction now is selling imbued gems! Come take a look! Or auction your own items ...

How I prepare my cookies:

The cookies I usually buy or make myself a too crunchy so what I do is leave them open in the air for a few days so they soften up, here is my Ranklist:

0 Days: Crunchy
1 Day: Tough Bread
2 Days: Bread
3. Days Soft Bread

I do not recommend doing it later than 3 days, though. Enjoy eating your soft cookies!

My dog was stylin' up until his last breath.
executive order #4, only @Alphycat can be my Simple Life partner. no one else can compare, sorry not sorry!! <3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
micahvtuber