Haseroth's Feedback Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haseroth

VIP
Reaction score
IGN Haseroth

Suggestion, feedback or idea!
Hello. I would like to highly recommend a proper marketing system, there are many ways to advertise, reddit ads, youtube ads, twitch ads. And so on. From what i understand the server makes a decent amount of money and so i do not see why we would be incapable of using money to advertise. This could also include filling contracts with content creators to have them make content on FRP. You could have multiple of them and it would cause a lot of content to be made weekly. The server really needs this right now and we should not be afraid of losing a bit of money if it helps us in the longterms, especially so if it ensures we do not shut down.

ephi

Application
Reaction score
Username
HeyEphi
Character Name
Saliyhn; Marsaili; Raignheld; Ardamirys; Kianthys II; Alannia
Discord
HeyEphi#5475
riot for FRP representation!
+1

Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
A Elf.
Discord
woot#4467
Bro I never see FRP TWITTER POSTS AND STUFF it’s always stinky srp

Reaction score
Username
TheWizarddd
Character Name
Aaron Thundereye
Discord
TheWizarddd#4936

Crusader_uno_

Reaction score
Username
_CRUSADER_UNO
Character Name
Uno|Theodas Erryss
Discord
OHITSUNO#2299
Yes +1 100% not a lot of love being given in RPH Twitter :( FRP deserved the spotlight!!

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
IGN Haseroth

Suggestion, feedback or idea!
Hello. I would like to highly recommend a proper marketing system, there are many ways to advertise, reddit ads, youtube ads, twitch ads. And so on. From what i understand the server makes a decent amount of money and so i do not see why we would be incapable of using money to advertise. This could also include filling contracts with content creators to have them make content on FRP. You could have multiple of them and it would cause a lot of content to be made weekly. The server really needs this right now and we should not be afraid of losing a bit of money if it helps us in the longterms, especially so if it ensures we do not shut down.
The problem with ads is that they won't work like they would for other things like AAA, or inde games. For a minecraft server especially one that you have to be white listed on its unlikely anyone would actually join from that ad. I dont think ive ever seen a server get more players via ad campaigns.

OP
Haseroth

Haseroth

VIP
Reaction score
The problem with ads is that they won't work like they would for other things like AAA, or inde games. For a minecraft server especially one that you have to be white listed on its unlikely anyone would actually join from that ad. I dont think ive ever seen a server get more players via ad campaigns.
You'll never know unless you try, content creation has boosted the popularity of a rp server i know about.

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
You'll never know unless you try, content creation has boosted the popularity of a rp server i know about.
Content creation is a good way to boost popularity yeah, but Ads? Nah, don't even waste the money. Making better use of the servers youtube channel could go a long way as well as supporting small streamers that stream the server.

OP
Haseroth

Haseroth

VIP
Reaction score
Content creation is a good way to boost popularity yeah, but Ads? Nah, don't even waste the money. Making better use of the servers youtube channel could go a long way as well as supporting small streamers that stream the server.
pay money to decently large content creators then.

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
We could do this for the pvps coming up soon. And the rp events too for the war.
Yeah, there are also a bunch of people who have recordings of previous fights. Media team could compile them and make interesting promotional content with them

IndeanaJones

Owner
Reaction score
Username
IndeanaJones
Character Name
Basilius Buckley
Discord
@Inde#0066
The server advertises primarily through voting sites, reddit posts (commonly done by Simba in the past), and other content created (Ex. youtube videos made by MT), the RPHub Twitter (roughly 1k followers or smth) or streamers/youtubers that make content on the server such as Bewbaloo or Everhath. While we could invest in ads, ultimately I feel that it would not be as effective for a minecraft roleplay server whereas the server funds are better directed towards textures for the resource pack, art and anything else.

While we also could pay for youtubers or other streamers, at the end of the day I personally feel it is better to promote people that create content on their own accord and play the server because they like it, not because they are paid it. However I am not opposed to working something out, but at this moment I don't want to actively reach out and offer money for people to come and make streams on the server as I'd much rather focus on already established individuals and promoting their content. Though having say a content creator hop on and make a promotional video would probably be more beneficial than having them make consistent content which is something I plan to look into when I get the chance to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

5 word horror stories. give them to me.
Check out my Creative writing please!! i would like to know your thoughts
Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday!
If you consider becoming a dwarf, feel free to read the updated intro!
The new 1.18 music is fantastic

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6N6