Feathered Descent

Reaction score
Character Name
Cristoph von Mannhardt | Anastasya Dragic
Discord
LeonFrostfire#0555

Feathered Descent
4th Midyear, 111 AC

These were originally posted purely on discord, but will now be added to the forums.

A dream came to followers of the Elyar, secure or not in their faith. The vision crept, seeping into each as they slept.

1660710340820.png

//inspirationfeed.com/halloween-wallpapers/

☀

Feathers, deep as night’s void, glistened in the fading light hovered above a tower. Impossibly tall and swaying, one of many littering the skyline. A bell chimed, discordant in the now shimmering air. The waves startled the plumage into motion, a domino falling to another. Down, down, gliding over undulating canvas boxes that writhed, over shingles that clittered and clacked, over battlements that shrank, born on midnight wings. The little shapes below, all specks of bobbing strands and colours, kept to their evening routines, like ants on a march. They paid no heed to the winged form as it passed.

On it flew, a sea of gold strands swaying and cresting below, sending yellowed foam into the wind and sky. A shifting wall of green came up fast, enormous in size, a veritable veridian goliath. It surrounded the form as it continued to pass without sound. Crisscrossing lines of brown, black and grey came and went in a steady blur of reaching claws. At last the imagery stilled as the feathers settled in a scene of shadows. Three white shapes stood out, catching the last of the fading glow.

Feathers fluffed, a beak clicked. The avian form settled down, and the world knew only darkness.

Blazing glory came into the world. Iridescent rays pierced the emerald skin. The midnight form of feathers was nowhere to be seen. Three greying shapes sat within a neat bowl of brown strands.

The green and brown faded, engulfed in blinding brilliance. The three forms were the last to vanish. Then all was white. A painful, burning white. A white that seemed to be watching.

☀

As each received the vision, they woke up soaked in their sweat. Intense unease, a creeping dread, pervaded their places of rest as the sun crested the horizon beyond.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Dw guys, we got 'em.

Death system fixed. Easy
@Dylann I love you <3
Lemmie post a nation forum!!

( Wonder how many hrs it will take woot to put /me laughs under it)
how does this work? i applied but the server still has not whitelisted me
spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider
I'd make a snarky comment about how there's various comments about how inactive the forums were, but that would imply activity.
Whoa, whoa! Everyone gotta stop posting so much stuff on the forums, I can’t keep up

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hera000