Reaction score
Username
IndeanaJones
Character Name
Basilius Buckley
Discord
@Inde#0066

The State of FantasyRP

Hello, something that has been on my mind for a bit now and I’m sure other members of the community have been thinking about it-- is the current state of the server. The server has undergone quite a bit if not a lot in a short amount of time following the summer update, with Rumpo’s resignation, different admins resigning, nations & player groups going inactive/leaving the server. It’s evident by the player count that used to be as high as 80-90 and even 100 has decreased to 60 to 40, 30-35, and some events no longer bring high participation.

I will say however that I do not think a low or high player count is representative of the server dying so to speak, as ultimately people will come and go, school has started, people have midterms etc. However it is evident to me that people have left either because of real life, lack of interest in the server or issues they have. So I want to ask a simple question to the community and facilitate a discussion from there.

Currently there are a multitude of things in the works behind the scenes however they take time and manpower, these things are (but not limited to): Zhul outpost, builds (ruin sites) for zhul, overhaul of playable creatures (vampire, wolfwalker, cosantoir), magic changes/additions (Necromancy, Runemage rework of spells), religion system, profession changes (new crafting materials/recipes, changes to cooking, engineering, even pvp), server advertising (twitter, YT, reddit, etc).

What do you think about the current state of the server and what do you want to see moving forward?
Please keep all responses constructive and non toxic. Be honest, for instance do you want to see a new and interesting world event narrative for the server that players and nations can participate in or do you want more open conflict rules, or perhaps you want to see something new (be specific) about an area of the server such as professions, nations, lore, builds or whatever else is on your mind.

Last edited:

Cardiovascular

Administrator
Reaction score
Username
Cardiovascular
Character Name
Gorafo
Discord
Cardio#3404
As an addendum: What would you guys like to see build wise for FRP? May have a dedicated thread for this at some point, but I would appreciate any and all constructive feedback.

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
I would like to personally say that the Magic Team along with Tech Team are working on a lot, including but not limited to;

Enchanting, Wizardry, the 2nd Religion Rewrite, Sagecraft, Mysticism, along with Psionics, followed by MORE Runemagic rewrites, the addition of Scrollcrafting and Attunement changes, and (greatest challenge of all) the Sorcery Rewrite. MORE crafting materials have been placed and are interactible as well!

Meanwhile, I myself have been doing several pop-up events for players whom I encounter in attempts to drive them toward greater explorations.

A LOT is going on behind the scenes, I just hope there's an audience to see it when it's done - Soon.

A few immediate suggestions I can make are ..

- Making cooking recipes unlisted, so people do not know them and instead have to discover them, thus aiding in community RP

- Making Alchemy recipes unlisted, for the sams reasons as cooking

- Adding Herb nodes to Zhul's continental region

- Annihilating the "LOL ur immersed what a DORK" mentality and discouraging unhelpful and toxic mentalities which make people embarrassed to have fun (thus killing rp's fun aspect)

- Allowing for different strokes for different folks; Encouraging more passive RP, nobility RP, and discouraging Ben Shapiro roleplayers (iykyk)

- Not allowing for PVP to be so dominative of the combat scene (iykyk)

- Making magic rarer by making it more difficult to access but still doable on one's own is possible, but eh

- STOP LOW FANTASY. LET US GO HIGH FANTASY. FLYING CITIES. UNDERGROUND CITIES. MORE MAGICAL FOES. STUFF* LIKE THAT.

- FINISH ALL THE UNFINISHED PROJECTS. Wraithdom, all kinds of things unfinished

- Fix my Caps Lock button

As an addendum: What would you guys like to see build wise for FRP? May have a dedicated thread for this at some point, but I would appreciate any and all constructive feedback.
Piggybacking off of this, I want to hear any MAGIC suggestions people may have!

Last edited:

Cola4Ace

Reaction score
Username
De_Swaggers
Character Name
Kara Le Blanc
I no longer play but what killed it for me was the large areas with a lack of people and lack of use of space, maybe try doing more large scale events inside nations or key builds that people have to defend, idk if that happened it would and could be interesting. Just do something that causes a ruckus and would make people worried, like a kraken attacking Glarynd or forrest giants covered in moss attack a human nation to turn it into a new home. Just stop making new things and work with what you have honestly. Expanding so much without focusing on what you do have just leaves empty areas.

Yeeter54740

Reaction score
I think the servers doing good, I believe a good amount of people left because of aellen becoming a vassel (tho I could be wrong). Main reason we don't got a lot of players atm is just as you said irl and school.

Reaction score
Character Name
'Cain'
Discord
mixel#0874
Although saddened by the state of FRP in the moment, i do believe a decrease in nations, heightening in advertising and general revision of some ideas (ie; magic being way too popular, some rules, pinkie rules) may be a wise idea!

this also happens bi-yearly for the most part, with school and life ETC, so time will hopefully tell, yet nothing like some improvements to start a potential revival!

laze

VIP
Reaction score
Username
laaze
Character Name
Josh Griffinthorn
Discord
laze#7115
I no longer play but what killed it for me was the large areas with a lack of people and lack of use of space, maybe try doing more large scale events inside nations or key builds that people have to defend, idk if that happened it would and could be interesting
I do not play as well, but it was more of an irl issue. I do believe that things would be better if there were uh how should i say, less conflict. But again, you can't change rp technically. I know for a damn fact many of my friends and people I knew left because it was either irl or stress. But overall, I do enjoy seeing new changes with lore and other ideas.

Cepheid_

Media
Reaction score
Username
Cepheid_
Character Name
Feainn | Aerenia | Solyrn | Yolilitzli
As sad as it is to see the numbers shift, from people going towards new paths with school and work, to simply departing from the server in general, it doesn't necessarily mean the end that everyone is making it out to be. I know we are working on advertisements and community building but is that really enough? As someone who is on most staff teams I've seen the variety of projects we're working on, the thing we are missing is not just new content, but community engagement. We are lacking producing things that the players are interested in, there needs to be more to explore. Sure, Zhul is big, but there's nothing to interact with it apart from a few nodes. I say that as someone who wrote the majority of the Zhul lore, we need more things that are interactable and get people engaged. Perhaps that is my job to make, but I would like to know in replies to this what people want to see in regards to content.

Holy_Spirit

Reaction score
The state of the server is nice! I'm not really sure what to improve, though. A lot of people join day-to-day, but for some reason, not many stay or log on past that initial point.

I personally would like better crafting recipes and more ways one can interact with settlements. Unless you're willing to travel in world miles for up to 10 minutes, then sit at a settlement and ping Lore Team, you're never going to interact with anything. A lot of things are locked off for no discernible reason while you're exploring and a lot of the ruins lead up to nothing of interest; There's brush you can't clear, there's doors you can't cross at the very end or beginning. There should be rewards that you don't need LT to receive; Perhaps rarer ore nodes, small gold bags at the very end, grand structures, thorough lore. Maybe I'm unlucky in that I haven't found any, but the ends of dungeons and other settlements I find are always locked off or the journey ends and I feel like I've accomplished and seen nothing.

I think other crafting recipes and a better shop system might be better as well. A lot of crafting ingredients are unused in any recipe, making them practically useless, and from what I know shops are incredibly difficult to set up, meaning less useful or more difficult to find goods are never sold simply because someone cannot be bothered. Perhaps a more inclusive or easier shop system might help interest more players! If you were able to put your items up and see them, or if your shop told you that you were out of stock in a certain item, it'd mean there'd be a lot less disappointing, empty shops and a lot more variety. If you were able to show items and float them on pedestals, it'd also just be eye catching and get people interested in the system!

So far, FRP has been nothing but a positive experience for me, if not a bit confusing at times. I really hope we can boost our player counts soon somehow and all find a good direction for this server.

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
I would like to see a food update possibly giving thoes more of chance to find more ingredients and possibly a chance for cooking rp!
We have a lot of ingredients, many just arent used, so it'd be cool for them to be used instead of more added in plugin. IRP cooking mats are okay too.

_Jandy_

VIP
Reaction score
It's really simple, with a lower player population we need to concentrate the players into fewer areas- or in short we need fewer nations (3 or 4).
Cull and merge what we have and don't add new ones.

Last edited:

Holy_Spirit

Reaction score
Although saddened by the state of FRP in the moment, i do believe a decrease in nations, heightening in advertising and general revision of some ideas (ie; magic being way too popular, some rules, pinkie rules) may be a wise idea!

this also happens bi-yearly for the most part, with school and life ETC, so time will hopefully tell, yet nothing like some improvements to start a potential revival!
I agree with this and a lot of the other posts regarding this. There's way too many nations, some with only 5-10 people. New players get recruited into tiny nations or pressured into joining by older players, and then can't do anything due to their lack of space. They feel trapped! Not to mention that a lot of nations aren't close to mines, so people can't experience the mining or gathering side of the server. They don't want to just abandon the nation and because they're stuck in the small faction or don't know what to do, end up believing that this is all the server has to offer, then end up leaving.

Larger, but bigger nations would be so much better! I like that the map is large, but it might be best if there were less abandoned nation sites and less cities as a whole, and better ruins. That way, there could be an actual trader role where you can trade items between nations by using the longer roads. Maybe there could even be an item bounty system where merchants buy items from traders via chest! If you deposit items into a chest, it automatically pays whomever deposited it and fulfills the request. That way, anyone can make money and merchants find items easier, and there could be more trade and bandit RP :) Plus, players would be more concentrated.

Borin

Reaction score
Gonna keep adding to this and ramble as ideas come to my head of what to scribble.

Server is buggered. Removed carrying friends about on horses no? Map made for 3 nations no? No plan to restart new map for new 'refreshing' start that should coincide with changing how some things work? Add huge section onto map that doesn't help the usual empty feeling? Player count going dooown and dooown b/c they make silly decisions and their fragile nation that's run badly dies? Too connected to SRP in many peoples minds to want to make the jump from other *cough* rp servers *cough* to FRP

Tbh the map as it was at the beginning of the server and the 3 nation focus doesnt help at all. You can try to push people towards less nations to push more rp/rp density but then the pvpers and those who want conflict that won't make the server stagnant and boring are stuck beating 1-2 nations around the head constantly. It's not fun for anyone.

The argument abt decreasing nations to push more rp density is bad too, bc then the people who want to have their own independent culture to rp can't, and you can't have rp density really anyway with such a small playerbase, regardless of how many nations you reduce it to. The current way nations work means that u can have farm regions and 2 outposts if lucky, which means barely any room for any subculture to set up a place without creating their own nation. It's really restrictive. Any sort of cool feudalism vibe that could bring internal conflict in calendale is strangled by lack of land for nobles to go, create their owns levies etc.

Last edited:

bruhelena

Application
Reaction score
Username
bruhelena
Character Name
Floria | Ruvora
Discord
elenaa#7721
I think we definitely need a decrease in nations! With less players, you can’t have that amount spread across so many nations, it causes them all the be empty and lacking rp. I think that it would also increase the chance of a new player to stay on the server if they see each nation has more people and rp, instead of them all having few people spread far across the map! Therefore by cutting the amount down, the nations left will receive a higher player count and more activity.

Cepheid_

Media
Reaction score
Username
Cepheid_
Character Name
I agree with most people, we need to decrease nations. And I also agree with Cepheid, sure Zhul was cool, but there is almost nothing to do or explore there anymore.
Granted, more so meant it in a sense that we need more content if we're going to have such a large map. Which I'll probably work a few things up tonight and put some things in.

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Granted, more so meant it in a sense that we need more content if we're going to have such a large map. Which I'll probably work a few things up tonight and put some things in.
I disagree. I think we should finish the WIP content we have like Cosantoirs, Wolfwalker rewrites, Lycanthrope events, and more - And after that, we can get into adding SOME things. Too much content can be a bad thing, and I noticed that a lot of people suddenly opened the flood gates and various issues arose when some of the past founders departed ..

Cepheid_

Media
Reaction score
Username
Cepheid_
Character Name
I disagree. I think we should finish the WIP content we have like Cosantoirs, Wolfwalker rewrites, Lycanthrope events, and more - And after that, we can get into adding SOME things. Too much content can be a bad thing, and I noticed that a lot of people suddenly opened the flood gates and various issues arose when some of the past founders departed ..
I meant event-wise and actually doing things. Cosantoir rewrite nearly finished, wolfwalkers is next on my list, lycan events are being set up this week so it wasn't lore or written content wise, but interactable content.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

5 word horror stories. give them to me.
Check out my Creative writing please!! i would like to know your thoughts
Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday!
If you consider becoming a dwarf, feel free to read the updated intro!
The new 1.18 music is fantastic

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6N6