(EDITED) TotallyToobular's Event Team Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
MC Username: toob9000

DiscordTag: IdkAUser#0927

Timezone: UTC-5

How many hours will you be able to contribute to the team? (average per week) 5 - 6 hours on weekdays. More on weekends.

Have you had any previous staff experience? If so, please elaborate. N/A

What made you consider joining ET? Well, within my time playing on this server I've experienced more fun roleplays through events, less rather than random RP's that usually tend to repeat themselves most of the time. This, or small altercations such as: Fights, banditry attempts, tavern roleplay, guard roleplay, family roleplay, et cetera. While yes, these may be fun to do, they get boring very quickly.

What can you offer to the Event Team that is unique? I'd try my hardest to set up as many events as I can within my playing time, and hopefully gain more activity for the server within the process. This would mean that newer players who decide to join events, and take interest will likely return for more event's, or try to find similar roleplay. This also applies for current players, hopefully giving them newer, and fun experiences.

What are some themes/genres of interest that you'd like to develop into events? Perhaps more adventurous themes. Some more in-depth events, and reward-giving events too go along as well. This and many other genres and themes.

Write out an extensive idea for a small event, directed towards a group of 4 players. A famous Merchant travels around, selling goods for profit like any other day. One night as it is raining, he closes up his shop/cart. As he is counting his inventory, he fails to notice the steps of an individual approaching him from behind. He turns now at the very last second noticing the brown-hooded individual, going to tackle him as he believed he had harmful intent. He fails to successfully snatch the individual, them getting the chance to run off. Before this, they snatched something from an unlocked chest, leaving the top open as the rain began to slowly fill it. The thief was successful in running as he was covered in wet-mud from the rain, the tackle into the mud assisting. He goes to chase the thief, watching as he runs into the forest. He stops in fear, very afraid of what creatures, or beats lurk within. Before he does anything else, he runs to that very chest the thief took from hastily searching within for a specific item. He notices a /VERY/ specific item of his was stolen, kicking the chest down in an angry fashion.

The Merchant walks to his cart, withdrawing a sharpened blade he bargained for a separate item. He grasps it, squeezing tightly in his hand, so tight to the point of where the veins on the back of his hand are visible from squeezing. He'd stomp over to the forest, almost having enough courage to search for the thief. He chickens out at the last moment, deciding he'd seek up from those willing to do so. He waits till daybreak, having absolutely no sleep to gather up people to search for the thief. He posted up flyers the night before, mentioning a reward in the post. He gathers up around 3 people from the flyers, and 1 from asking nearby people. He informs them that a special item of his, an Oval shaped locket has been stolen that has a silvery-blue hue, made from that of a Mithril fragment. He tells them that an individual dressed in a brown, hooded cloak snatched it as he was closing up shop. He groups the 4 up as 1 group to hopefully find the object faster, gearing them up with whatever weapons he had within his storage, or cart. A basic sword, some food, and a Buckler for each. Those lacking the strength received a dagger, and just food. Lastly, he informs them that a type of prize will be given on delivery of the locket, and of where the thief ran off, the rain helping him out as there were still visible foot prints.

The Participants begin to journey into the woods, leaving their blades sheathed or in-hand for the moment. A majority of the footprints are still visible, though slowly fading as they sink deeper into the woods. Despite this, the thieves direction can still be determined, belongings of his having fallen out of his pockets, and or bag. A few silver coins, bits of food, small things, et cetera et cetera. After not long, they came to a clearer part of the forest where the sky could be somewhat shown. Due to this, footprints can be seen again, though not very visibly. They can be seen if taken a look at closely. They'd slowly travel down the path of footprints, coming to a stop at a large tree. There look to be no footprints sideways, or any backwards to see where the thief might've went off. The group moves around the tree to see if there was anything behind, seeing a large foot-print, not human in any way. They continue down the path of oddly-large footprints, seeing peculiar items scattered around. A sack of food, a burnt out torch, a dagger, and little to no coins. The two most noticeable items are a book and quill and a torn /brown piece of the described cloak/ soaked in a red-substance. Likely blood.

Some of the group approach the book, some taking a look around, now threatened at the sight of a recently soaked in-blood piece of cloak. Within the book are what look to be logged events, pieces of paper folding up to bookmark specific pages. One bookmarked page reads "Don't know the date, but I recently stole from a nice home. Their chests were surprisingly unlocked, easily allowing me to take what I wanted. Come to my surprise, they return quickly after leaving for a few minutes. When they saw me, they shouted in surprise, probably terror mixed in as well as I held a blade in hand. They were not armed, not expecting this at an early hour. I quickly bolted over, impaling my blade through their throat, killing them and silencing them in a quick fashion." More is listed about what happened during the situation, not much important only listing down items they stole and other unnecessary information within the book. After some of the group reads through most of the marked pages, they conclude all of the marked books are about murdering unexpected victims. The last bookmarked page had an odd symbol drawn with Ink. It's about how he decided to kill a woman just because. It listed her name, Mari, what she looked like, and more. Something peaks interest within the people reading, them calling over the rest of the group. It mentions a similar locket, shining-silvery blue, made of Mithril. The group notes this down, collecting the items and continuing now. As they move now, they hear a loud, abnormal sound. A roar? A screech?

Some of the group likely freeze, some likely jump, some likely scream, something. The faint, abnormal sound is heard yet again, along with a faint scream of terror. It sounds like that of a person, though not fully-able to understand as again, it is faint. As the sound is heard again, more of the brave parts of the group will head over to investigate, using the their ears to try and move to the sounds location. Some of the weaker ones likely stay back, or just follow along to have themselves protected. The screams pause, them not far from the last roar/screech. They continue on until pausing as a huge black space with a faint light was covered behind some trees. This was easily noticeable as it was pretty big, and tree's somewhat spaced out enough to see the faintly lit black space. As they cautiously approach, they can see that it's a cave. They could as well see a fat beast (meaning it's likely slow) laying in what looked to be a bed of coins, no gold, only silver. The beast was lather large, though no more than what 4 people couldn't defeat. There are multiple valuable looking items impaled in the bed, some scattered along. It could be inferred as a collection of sorts. Lastly, around the area you could see the brown-cloaked man without some of his limbs, a bearded Human man, white.

The braver portion of the group approaches the fat beast, quietly as possible as to not wake it. They look around cautiously as to not make the slightest sound, not knowing whether it was a heavy, or light sleeper. They look around, spotting the Locket around the Beast's pinky.

Depending on what the group does, and what their actions consequence to, they could either successfully get the Locket and slay the beast, or be unsuccessful and either die, or run.

Write out an extensive idea for a medium-sized event, directed towards a group of 8-10 players. Flyer's are posted up on Haz-duun, and Calendale over the span of a few days. Plucked from the board it reads, "Competition of 8 people playing solo for the prize of The Gleaming Dagger, blade made from A pure gold bar. Obstacles consist of somewhat dangerous activities such as climbing over boulders, avoiding quicksand, swinging by rope, and more."

Few days later as the event is soon to start, the 8 selected men warn up for the time being. Spectators are allowed to get snacks from stands, and drinks as well. The event soon starts, the 8 taking off in the first section of the event. The Race. Depending on how high one is to roll, the quicker they'd be able to get to the finish.

On the next section of the competition contestants are to climb rope tied to the top of a cliff area, having to avoid horizontal spikes that are facing outward. They must use nothing but their upper-body strength to climb, due to the spikes collapsing if stood on. They can emote 2 - 4 blocks emoting racing climbing up the rope. If they are to fall, it is okay due to there being a pretty large body of water below. Once reaching the top they are to fight each other for a Torch that's to be placed on the next section of the arena. Players are to PVP this out, emoting taking the torch but have to revive the person they downed.

After multiple other events such as swimming, balancing test, et cetera et cetera the final task to complete, and win the event is to attempt to pull 'The Gleaming Dagger' from a stone. The winner of the Dagger gets to keep it. A trophy of remembrance for their victorious day! (Event Item)

There would have to be a certain amount to roll over. An example, say /roll 100, over 50 = pulling it from the stone. This just an example.

What is your take on item rewards? I'd like to give event items often as rewards, and reminders of the memory of the event, though not every single time an event is hosted. Perhaps on a big, event, or something similar.

What is your vision for FRP’s narrative? My vision for the FRP narrative is to create inclusive, in-depth, fun enjoyable stories that don't necessarily revolve around conflict or monsters. Though, conflict and monster events would be fun to setup.

Last edited:

Luca

VIP
Reaction score
Username
Aces__1
Character Name
Aiobhé Íomharach
Discord
Aces#3596
+1 great rper, also great punching bag

Darken

VIP
Reaction score
Character Name
'I.C.A'
Discord
Darkx#4901
I would +1 but the events that you wrote are stale, kind of the 'same' topic, except that a merchant comes to sell, sells something, goes away, and then a wealthy collector comes, asks for help, gives the rewards and then leaves, add some fun to it not just some sort of bootleg 'treasure hunt'.
Not forgetting that you are new as well.

Those are my honest opinions, good luck.
P.S; I'm not asking you to write some sort of conflict/monster/beast eventline/1-time event, I'm just asking you to write something long and isn't similar to the first topic.

OP
TotallyToobular
Reaction score
I would +1 but the events that you wrote are stale, kind of the 'same' topic, except that a merchant comes to sell, sells something, goes away, and then a wealthy collector comes, asks for help, gives the rewards and then leaves, add some fun to it not just some sort of bootleg 'treasure hunt'.

P.S; I'm not asking you to write some sort of conflict/monster/beast eventline/1-time event, I'm just asking you to write something long and isn't similar to the first topic.
Thank you for pointing this out Dark. I had not realized this til I went and looked back. I'll be sure to not make a similar mistake if I redo the application. That's if this gets denied, or I apply for a separate role.

And no, I am not new. I had a pink tag because I removed all 2 of my soul slots. I wanted to start over because my souls were boring.

Again, Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

ChefDeuce

Reaction score
I agree here with dark, I do like the concept of the events, however I feel while it may be a good concept, it will be very difficult to make it a enjoyable event. Not saying that every event must be CRP based or PVE etc. Just saying that when doing an essentially world wide scavenger hunt. Its quite difficult to manage all the players being distributed across the island of Enarion. They will ask questions, involving you to tp around and answer them etc etc. While that is in the job description, its a rather unnecessary amount of work. Another thing about the events that would be iffy, is how would they find the item? Dropping it in the middle of aellens overgrowth wouldn't work, nor would just making it invisible until they walk up then you emote it being thing, usually thats what is done, however in this case you have 4 teams of 2 all over the world. This event could work, if you had various E.Ts which isnt too hard to source, or just had one group go looking about. Another thing to consider is the fact of whether or not people will participate, scouring for an hour or so, for a mere few gold coins isn't going to motivate people to join the event. However giving out event items like candy to get people to come back in my opinion wouldn't benefit anyone in the situation, while yes people may come back to more events, by you giving out items they are gaining more and more valuables and throwing off the balance and value of some event items, instead make people go on two hunts for yeti horns, limiting the amount of event items to a minimum actually increases the drive of a lot of people, once you find the balance of just enough but not too much, it keeps people on the edge of their seat for more items. Instead for the event, you could make a very old sword with some sort of power, have the group of 8 or 10 go looking the the forest, and whenever they get near where you placed it, you emote and say 'The sword glimmered in the forest, as various waves shone through carpeted roof of the overgrowth, stuck in a rock to the rear of Timmy' something like that, have them attempt to pull it out or break the rock, but you could have the rock/ore that its in, be incredibly hard! So they have to come back during another event and bring lets say a mithril pickaxe to break the orichalum ore. You would have to get LT approval and all but doing this would allow players to be more invested in the event, and makes it feel more like a story. To go over the top you could even, have more event lines with this merchant NPC and have him send players all over enarion every week, for new and valuable items! The merchant could ask the players to return the valuable items to him, and if they did, they /may or may not/ get the item as a gift, but if they choose to lie and just take it, you could make it be where the merchant hires some mercenaries but have the mercs be actual players, so for instance if the thieves are Glarnyddian (sorry reko for butchering it) you can have the merchant go into Brenna, or Hazduun and have him pay some actual players to hunt down these people for 'stealing' the item. Doing this creatures a wide story across enarion, making it feel like a narrative, all this is just friendly feedback,!

Hope it helps, ChefDeuce.

OP
TotallyToobular
Reaction score

I re-did the event ideas. Hope you can re-think your criticism :D

OP
TotallyToobular
Reaction score
I agree here with dark, I do like the concept of the events, however I feel while it may be a good concept, it will be very difficult to make it a enjoyable event. Not saying that every event must be CRP based or PVE etc. Just saying that when doing an essentially world wide scavenger hunt. Its quite difficult to manage all the players being distributed across the island of Enarion. They will ask questions, involving you to tp around and answer them etc etc. While that is in the job description, its a rather unnecessary amount of work. Another thing about the events that would be iffy, is how would they find the item? Dropping it in the middle of aellens overgrowth wouldn't work, nor would just making it invisible until they walk up then you emote it being thing, usually thats what is done, however in this case you have 4 teams of 2 all over the world. This event could work, if you had various E.Ts which isnt too hard to source, or just had one group go looking about. Another thing to consider is the fact of whether or not people will participate, scouring for an hour or so, for a mere few gold coins isn't going to motivate people to join the event. However giving out event items like candy to get people to come back in my opinion wouldn't benefit anyone in the situation, while yes people may come back to more events, by you giving out items they are gaining more and more valuables and throwing off the balance and value of some event items, instead make people go on two hunts for yeti horns, limiting the amount of event items to a minimum actually increases the drive of a lot of people, once you find the balance of just enough but not too much, it keeps people on the edge of their seat for more items. Instead for the event, you could make a very old sword with some sort of power, have the group of 8 or 10 go looking the the forest, and whenever they get near where you placed it, you emote and say 'The sword glimmered in the forest, as various waves shone through carpeted roof of the overgrowth, stuck in a rock to the rear of Timmy' something like that, have them attempt to pull it out or break the rock, but you could have the rock/ore that its in, be incredibly hard! So they have to come back during another event and bring lets say a mithril pickaxe to break the orichalum ore. You would have to get LT approval and all but doing this would allow players to be more invested in the event, and makes it feel more like a story. To go over the top you could even, have more event lines with this merchant NPC and have him send players all over enarion every week, for new and valuable items! The merchant could ask the players to return the valuable items to him, and if they did, they /may or may not/ get the item as a gift, but if they choose to lie and just take it, you could make it be where the merchant hires some mercenaries but have the mercs be actual players, so for instance if the thieves are Glarnyddian (sorry reko for butchering it) you can have the merchant go into Brenna, or Hazduun and have him pay some actual players to hunt down these people for 'stealing' the item. Doing this creatures a wide story across enarion, making it feel like a narrative, all this is just friendly feedback,!

Hope it helps, ChefDeuce.
Done re-did the event idea questions :]

ChefDeuce

Reaction score
All I gotta say is: Hell yea! Took my advice, reached out, asked questions, shows an incredible drive for creating a good enviorment and a good event, wonderful to work and discuss with. +1!

Sixbyte

Reaction score
Username
Sixbyte
Character Name
Jeffery Ekene (Main)
Discord
glines#1476

Nyomi_Wood

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Nyomi_Wood
Character Name
Uxean | Petro
Discord
Nyomi#8970
+1 pocket et pocket et

Cheeseycereal

Reaction score
Username
Chee2eyCereal
Character Name
Eilua Esapa
Discord
Mac&cheese Queen カ流め#6971
Reaction score
Character Name
'Cain'
Discord
mixel#0874
HUGE +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Takes advice and is super sweet to be around!

andydreww

Reaction score
Username
andydreww
Character Name
Klaus Monroe
Discord
andydreww#8816
frp_pending.png

Your application is being reviewed. Expect a decision within the next couple of days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

5 word horror stories. give them to me.
Check out my Creative writing please!! i would like to know your thoughts
Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday!
If you consider becoming a dwarf, feel free to read the updated intro!
The new 1.18 music is fantastic

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6N6