Dinosaur Thread

Mikamekaze

Reaction score
well howdy, I wanted to be a paleontologist for.......... let's see, from second grade when I learned it was a job, up until the 11th grade when school crushed my dreams. But that's besides the point!
I've always had a love of giants, and for dinosaurs that would be the sauropods- Those big, long-necked fellas. The largest of which (as currently classified) is Argentinosaurus, measuring at most, 40 meters / 130 ft long, and weighing an estimated 100 tonnes / 110 short tons.
1619981707611.png

As you can see, its skeleton is fragmentary, only known from a handful of bones. But through the sheer size of just those remains, scientists are able to estimate the gross size of the full animal, given the trends of other titanosauria present in the cretaceous period, when it lived.

Now, reading through this thread, time for some corrections:
Sarcosuchus: Sarcosuchus was a crocodyliform, which were not dinosaurs! They are a related species of reptile- Like today's crocodylians, but not true dinosaurs.
Dimorphodons: ARK's depictions of Dimorphodons is outdated and inaccurate- They were more likely beaked, sort of like weird, giant toucans!
Prehistoric Sea Scorpions: No, they don't count. Eurypterid were a genus of arthropod, like modern crabs and lobsters.

Last edited:

AN_DR

VIP
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying: I don't care about the mainstream - Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops ,Brachiosaurus - whatever. They all pale in comparison to the two OG dinosaurs only the real ones had in Kindergarten:
The Ankylosaurus
View attachment 6348
And the
Nodosaur
View attachment 6349
Obviously the simps of the Jurassic period cope and seethe when someone brings up the Ankylosaurus family, but let them. Their meta-abusing predators are no match for chad herbivores in the first place. I mean its obviously stated by facts and logic that in an even fight, the Ankylosaurus would win against the T rex with its bone crushing tail club, but of course T rex fans are going to tell us Anklyosaurus enjoyers that "burr hurrr durr T rex always ambush Im so stupid durr hurr burr".

View attachment 6350
Post your favourite Dinosaurs
10975DD3-802A-4FD1-8D3D-E69CC7D0407F.jpeg

Reaction score
So the Quetzalcoatlus essentially is fine due to the fact they actually manage to kill their prey in an proper fight but I feel like their fandom is not as invested into the Dino-Fandom as others because I rarely see them in Dinosaur threads, however the Quetzalcoatlus does abuse the meta by living on high ridges few others dinosaurs can climb
View attachment 6351
pterasauridae are unrelated to birbs

Reaction score
didnt you see the news about the spino in 2017? they found the tail vertabrae. the spino is basically a croc-a-saur now with a weird arse tail. very niche animal tbh. (sorry, its a mostly aquatic creature. its not going to 1v1 an apex predator anytime soon.)

accurate paleoart for spinosaurus aegyptus:
1619991375127.png

there has been some theories about knuckle walking, as its a popular opinion again that the beast is way too front heavy to walk on its hind legs alone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
anatomically inaccurate therapod smh... this is a real allosaurus fragilis:
1619991861447.png

notice how the skin doesnt look like plastic or rubber, and the animal has proper tissue on its bones, because you arent supposed to see the cranial fenestrae, thats very 1990s. also, look how its neck is properly curved and muscular. the highest point of the neck shouldnt be lower than the head. also see how not ovely flexible the tail is and how its hands arent pronated, theyre facing each other palm to palm. as its anatomically impossible for a therapod dinosaur to pronate its hands.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying: I don't care about the mainstream - Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops ,Brachiosaurus - whatever. They all pale in comparison to the two OG dinosaurs only the real ones had in Kindergarten:
The Ankylosaurus
View attachment 6348
And the
Nodosaur
View attachment 6349
Obviously the simps of the Jurassic period cope and seethe when someone brings up the Ankylosaurus family, but let them. Their meta-abusing predators are no match for chad herbivores in the first place. I mean its obviously stated by facts and logic that in an even fight, the Ankylosaurus would win against the T rex with its bone crushing tail club, but of course T rex fans are going to tell us Anklyosaurus enjoyers that "burr hurrr durr T rex always ambush Im so stupid durr hurr burr".

View attachment 6350
Post your favourite Dinosaurs
all brawn no brain. ankylos smh.

Pyrias

Administrator
Reaction score
Username
Pyrias
Character Name
Becky Buckley | Melriel
Discord
Pyrias#0887
Velociraptor is my favourite simply because of how small it is compared to the other giant dinosaurs. I can just imagine it being an asshole and being the ankle biter of dinos.

220px-Velociraptor_Restoration.png

1280px-Dromaeosaurs.png

AdventureApollo

Application
Reaction score
Username
AdventureApollo
Character Name
Enrico Caetti | Gesuido Aoi | Clarence | Amelia Smith | Luminei | Nomad Andrei
Discord
AdventureApollo#0001
The Titanosaur destroyed my base in Ark, it's just too big

titansaurs.jpg

Mikamekaze

Reaction score
whats the name of this smol boy
That's Longisquama, which was a genus of reptile, and not a true dinosaur.

The Titanosaur destroyed my base in Ark, it's just too big
Titanosaurs were a genus of sauropod, not an individual species. "Titanosaurus" is a.... debatable species of such genus, generally not accepted as a true species but a nomen dubium.

milkyi

Application
Reaction score
Username
milkyi
Discord
moo#0969
my favourite type of dinosaur is probably the terror birds.

728D37AC-C650-4671-A33B-5355508255AF.jpeg

kelenken being the largest, at nearly 10 ft tall. probably one of the scariest terror birds I've heard of, mainly bc it likely would've
killed its prey with several bone-shattering blows before shaking it in order to break its back
O_O

E382DE7A-82EA-4557-82B2-ECBDE01AC6EF.jpeg

my personal fav, the phorusrhacos, standing at around 7.9 ft tall. not as cool as the rest, but I think it's more aesthetically pleasing. they also lived in the south american grasslands & woodlands.

IMG_9061.jpg

titanis is the 3rd most tall, standing at about 6.2 ft. it's very similar to phorusrhacos though its body is built heavier. a chunky boy.

IMG_9044.JPG

the smallest of the four, gastornis. standing at about 6 ft tall. unlike the rest of these birds, gastornis were thought to be herbivores because of their straights beaks and lack of hooks in them (which would be used to kill other animals). though there is still a common belief they might be carnivores.

IMG_9062.jpg

Mikamekaze

Reaction score
my favourite type of dinosaur is probably the terror birds.​
A fascinating clade of animals, certainly, but Terror Birds were not true dinosaurs! They only came to rise in the period after the Cretaceous extinction event, and lived up to just under 2 million years ago.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

I'm sorry but if your rp ambiance music isnt Livin La Vida Loca I don't want to talk to you.
Doing another round of Moderation apps, if you feel like you posses the skills, please apply before the end of the week as that is when applications close.

Thank you!!
Dawsy wrote on Sukitoru's profile.
need more tier lists asap, please sukitoru
national girlfriend day is an amazing holiday when you dont have people in your ear talking about how lonely they are
Immortalshadowz wrote on farles's profile.
The return part 2 of Jeremiah Jr?
Happy Mother's Day to all FRP mamas both icly and oocly!!
The oldest person ever to have lived (whose age could be authenticated), a French woman named Jeanne Louise Calment, was 122 years old when she died in 1997.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowblueZ