Announcement Development Update | Souls, bugs and more!

frill

Reaction score
Username
frill
Character Name
lofty sugden
Discord
myshkin#0001
I think at the end of the day I value the above suggested changes because I think they're healthier for a server trying to grow its playerbase. I recognize some players would see their levels being cut down and get upset and say they aren't going to play anymore. I just think regardless of that it would benefit the most players - notably returning/new ones hoping to compete with map 1'ers.
that's fair enough man :) i think we all agree and just have different ideas about what's best

_iDim

Reaction score
I could see that alienating some players that've built up big stores of items, be that more RP items than one chest can allow or a vast amount of mithril or steel gear. If you tell people that their previous roleplay will be all for nought because of some players that aren't them deciding that the prospect of attracting new players is more important than the comfort of old ones, they'll see their chips are being cashed for them and they'll not bother returning.

As much as I think there'd need to be some cutting of the fat for XP bloat, because XP isn't linear, a flat 25% of level is far more devastating to veteran players than 25% of total xp. Some could be losing twice as much experience than somebody with half their level, requiring double the time of their fellow player to get back to what they were. It would need to be from exp. total instead of level total, if anything as controversial as this is ever debated on.
I agree with this entirely. For me, I'm a level 167 farmer. It takes me nearly 100,000 XP to get a single level. One of those levels is easily 20-30 levels for just starting out. A degree cut from exp total would be much better then a level cut. But, I do feel that a reset can be done properly to open up the server more so, like Skippy was talking about.

Last edited:

Ttsim

VIP
Reaction score
Username
Ttsim
Character Name
Gnorf
Discord
Ttsim#1832
Map reset bad, a bunch of people would be more likely to leave if everything was just taken from them.
I have at least several chests filled to the brim with ET/LT/Mod signed items that I've kept over the course of time that I've been on the server, but ultimately if the map wipe was done in a way to where we are able to keep at least a small portion of our most important artifacts, I'd be ok with it.

Ultimately it's the server that makes our items special rather than the items themselves. Without the history we have and the people who share their stories on here, those items are just pixels and nothing more. I'm willing to sacrifice something to keep what I have left meaningful, rather than not taking on any risk and eventually having everything I own become meaningless.

Also, aside from this and in regards to a version update: Yes x100. Please. It'll be hellish but if we can convert our most prominent plugins and add more versatility over time I'm all for it. The new blocks ALONE would be a massive improvement to builds.

OP
DylanDeNewb

DylanDeNewb

Administrator
Reaction score
Username
DylanDeNewb
Character Name
Aelrid
Discord
DylanDeNewb#0731
I have at least several chests filled to the brim with ET/LT/Mod signed items that I've kept over the course of time that I've been on the server, but ultimately if the map wipe was done in a way to where we are able to keep at least a small portion of our most important artifacts, I'd be ok with it.

Ultimately it's the server that makes our items special rather than the items themselves. Without the history we have and the people who share their stories on here, those items are just pixels and nothing more. I'm willing to sacrifice something to keep what I have left meaningful, rather than not taking on any risk and eventually having everything I own become meaningless.

Also, aside from this and in regards to a version update: Yes x100. Please. It'll be hellish but if we can convert our most prominent plugins and add more versatility over time I'm all for it. The new blocks ALONE would be a massive improvement to builds.

Thanks for the constructive feedback to this post, a few people have suggested a system in which we allow players to bring over a chest of items after the rewrite reset is completed, which the rest of the team also agrees on. So rest assured, there will be some sort of way to bring over RP items and etc.

As for professions, we may figure out a way after the rewrite to refund players partially for their hardwork so far, as we do not want to scrap peoples progress entirely, though we will not give people a huge advantage, meaning that a max transfer of xp may be instated.

Last edited:

Mark2282

Reaction score
Thanks for the constructive feedback to this post, a few people have suggested a system in which we allow players to bring over a chest of items after the rewrite reset is completed, which the rest team also agrees on. So rest assured, there will be some sort of way to bring over RP items and etc.

As for professions, we may figure out a way after the rewrite to refund players partially for their hardwork so far, as we do not want to scrap peoples progress entirely, though we will not give people a huge advantage, meaning that a max transfer of xp may be instated.
Have you decided whether this includes materials and pvp items?

OP
DylanDeNewb

DylanDeNewb

Administrator
Reaction score
Username
DylanDeNewb
Character Name
Aelrid
Discord
DylanDeNewb#0731
Have you decided whether this includes materials and pvp items?
Probably not, with a rework of the codebase, administration would use the reset for other agendas for the server, so it will most likely only be rp items which are valuable to roleplay which will be transferred.

Ttsim

VIP
Reaction score
Username
Ttsim
Character Name
Gnorf
Discord
Ttsim#1832
Probably not, with a rework of the codebase, administration would use the reset for other agendas for the server, so it will most likely only be rp items which are valuable to roleplay which will be transferred.
Resetting the core plugins we have & replacing them seems like a long and arduous process, do you have any sort of ETA on what time it would even take to create something like that?

garmidon

Reaction score
Username
ThunderCaster
Character Name
Oryyn/Emily A.Reykian
Discord
garmidon#4917
Resetting the core plugins we have & replacing them seems like a long and arduous process, do you have any sort of ETA on what time it would even take to create something like that?
Tbh something like this can even take up to 3 months, remember that there are only a few Devs within FRP

frill

Reaction score
Username
frill
Character Name
lofty sugden
Discord
myshkin#0001
Tbh something like this can even take up to 3 months, remember that there are only a few Devs within FRP
with the amount of money they've been allotted being split between so many devs, I really would be a bit more forgiving with what's being asked for; better to consider fixes and minor projects instead of sweeping overhauls that will take time and resources simply because whatever they're remunerated with may not make it a wholly justifiable expense. theyre real ppl with jobs, families, and free time they likely don't want to entirely dedicate to plugin humping. can't ask for the world but a globe is reasonable.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Currently wanting to CRP
relinking this thread as [a competing server] is currently having its 30th child grooming pedo uproar. frp has some good systems in place to protect players and it's handy to keep the material visible and to-hand should these problems arise here.
https://www.fantasyrp.net/forums/threads/health-safety-information-guidance-more.67/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drung03