Announcement Development Update | Souls, bugs and more!

DylanDeNewb

Administrator
Reaction score
Username
DylanDeNewb
Character Name
Aelrid
Discord
DylanDeNewb#0731

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE
# | Souls, bugs and more!

ROSTER

[FRP] DEVELOPERS [4/10]

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง | @DylanDeNewb - LEAD
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ | @Burnsalan20 - DEV
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ | @CptZ - DEV
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ | @FigT - DEV

[FRP] COORDINATORS [2/2]

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ | @Kaii - ORGANIZATION
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ | @HeyEphi - PUBLIC RELATIONS

CHANGES

Hey! Welcome to the change-log,
these past couple months we've been working on adding, removing and fixing different features, and those will be detailed with-in this post.

[โœ”] - Soul Card Additions;
> /soul culture <culture> - set a culture to your soul card
> /soul job <job> - Set a job to your soul card
>
Card Colour - Buy card colour from points store, equip with /settings
[โœ”] -
Mob-Spawn Groups - Allows for custom mob spawning, still setting up
[โœ”] -
Easy Nation Hours Updater - Allows for easy nation hour requirement updates
[โœ”] -
Vanish Persistency - Allows vanish to persist over relogging
[โœ”] -
Discord Punishment Logs - Allows for mitigation of troll/fake punishments
[โœ”] - Horse Carrying - Carry people whilst riding a horse
[
โœ”] - Engineers repair experience - Allows for experience gain from repairing items
[โœ”] - Wagon-Masters - NEW FORM OF FAST TRAVEL
>
Discounted prices for travel pacted nations
> Must not be used for villainy, rule guidelines to be published.

1637797908147.png

[DONE] [๐Ÿ› ] - Limited-Creative - Custom coded a new limited creative system
[DONE] [๐Ÿ› ] -
Armor-Stand Placement - Fixes not being able to place armor-stands
[DONE] [๐Ÿ› ] -
/banner - Fixes ability to place a banner on your head
[Done] [๐Ÿ› ] -
Language Books - Fixes a bunch of problems, such as creating and max proficiency
[TESTING] [๐Ÿ› ] -
Staff Duty Toggle - Fixes the use of /duty for staff
[TESTING] [๐Ÿ› ] -
Wandering-Soul Vanish - Fixes visible wandering souls to normal players
[TESTING] [๐Ÿ› ] -
Nation Influence - Fixes nations being able to obtain negative influence

FUTURE...

We have one more thing to discuss at the end of this post, some of you who are active in our Community Projects discord [here], you will know that we have been discussing a certain topic.
We've been discussing a rewrite of our current core plugin, which would essentially mean a complete system overhaul. We have decided that it may be in our best interest to update to a later version of Minecraft. Part of the reasoning for this is the following:

- More quality content updates.
- More blocks/items to make use of on the server.
- More room for improvement of current systems, allows for an entire revamp.
- Will still keep 1.8 PvP mechanics.

nOTE: A complete rewrite will not happen overnight, or without a server wipe. Please discuss in the comments below to give your opinion.

Last edited:

Cheeseycereal

Reaction score
Username
Chee2eyCereal
Character Name
Eilua Esapa
Discord
๏ผญ๏ฝ๏ฝƒ๏ผ†๏ฝƒ๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ…๏ฝ“๏ฝ…ใ€€๏ผฑ๏ฝ•๏ฝ…๏ฝ…๏ฝŽใ€€ใ‚ซๆตใ‚#6971

skippy369

Nation Leader
Reaction score
Username
skippy369
Character Name
Skippy Bronzebeard
Discord
Skippy#1354
I think a global world event leading to the abandonment of Enarion / Zhul or at least some sort of mass exodus to a new continent/land would be very beneficial for the server alongside updating FRP to a newer version of Minecraft. Could help reduce some burn out many people are feeling with the current map/server.

I also think if the server goes down the route of a new map alongside a newer version of Minecraft + a rewrite of the core FRP plugin everyone's skills should be wiped. However, I think players should be able to allocate 25% of their current levels to a new skill upon launch of the next map. For example, if I have level 100 in woodcutting, I could place 25 levels into whatever gathering profession I want upon map launch. If I had level 50 in alchemy, I could place 12.5 (whatever brings you to 50% to level 13) in whatever crafting profession I want.

People will complain about the above suggestion. I think the administration should just do it however. Many people will be put off trying FRP upon a map reset if there are people who are miles ahead of them already when it comes to skills. What's the point of the game if you're going to already be at max level on a new map?

Impieri

VIP
Reaction score
I think a global world event leading to the abandonment of Enarion / Zhul or at least some sort of mass exodus to a new continent/land would be very beneficial for the server alongside updating FRP to a newer version of Minecraft. Could help reduce some burn out many people are feeling with the current map/server.

I also think if the server goes down the route of a new map alongside a newer version of Minecraft + a rewrite of the core FRP plugin everyone's skills should be wiped. However, I think players should be able to allocate 25% of their current levels to a new skill upon launch of the next map. For example, if I have level 100 in woodcutting, I could place 25 levels into whatever gathering profession I want upon map launch. If I had level 50 in alchemy, I could place 12.5 (whatever brings you to 50% to level 13) in whatever crafting profession I want.

People will complain about the above suggestion. I think the administration should just do it however. Many people will be put off trying FRP upon a map reset if there are people who are miles ahead of them already when it comes to skills. What's the point of the game if you're going to already be at max level on a new map?
and this new map needs to be smaller. Id say even smaller than original Enarion but not disproportionately so.

Reaction score
Username
ImmortalShadowZ
Character Name
Ranger Thomas Smith
Discord
@Shadowz#8490

True in theory, but I think it could be manageable for the same map new version but limit the nations back to 4, but with the usage of Vassals that just add onto the nation. Not new nations, majority of the nations are tier 1 (except Hazduun) so if you think about a lot of them could merge or eventually die etc etc. Which would produce more rp, also the issue of grinding is not something I really care for so won't comment on that.

Totalore

VIP
Reaction score

I'll keep saying this, but we should move to Suralond. A beautiful continent with a hell-of-a lot of diverse biomes. Plus, everyone is dead there!

CptZ

Developer
Reaction score
Username
CptZ
Character Name
Park Seo-joon (Ace) | Nelli | Siara
Discord
CptZ#6647
Wait.... there would be a restart? Noooo.... Good bye my five souls worth of savings >:

All jokes aside, working to push this update has been fun and I am looking forward in working towards the rewrite!

Reaction score
could be interesting but is just a matter of work and setting our terms and goals.

sooner or later.

Total reset: Including history/characters.

Partial: where we decide what gets moved X amount of items, Y skills, Z powers/abilitys. + history/characters

Map only: Same everything different over land.

Personally, I would favor maybe a chest worth of items if not less depending on the backdoor coding aspect but we all here to have fun and do what we will.

skippy369

Nation Leader
Reaction score
Username
skippy369
Character Name
Skippy Bronzebeard
Discord
Skippy#1354
could be interesting but is just a matter of work and setting our terms and goals.

sooner or later.

Total reset: Including history/characters.

Partial: where we decide what gets moved X amount of items, Y skills, Z powers/abilitys. + history/characters

Map only: Same everything different over land.

Personally, I would favor maybe a chest worth of items if not less depending on the backdoor coding aspect but we all here to have fun and do what we will.
A map reset that includes forcing people to PK any of their characters is stupid imo. Redacted has had more map resets than I have fingers, and they have shown it works fine to allow players to carry on playing the same characters between maps. A single chest worth of RP items I could see being transferred, but no materials whatsoever - and if an RP item is something like a mithril sword, I'd say it should be barred from PvP.

Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
A Elf.
Discord
woot#4467
A map reset that includes forcing people to PK any of their characters is stupid imo. Redacted has had more map resets than I have fingers, and they have shown it works fine to allow players to carry on playing the same characters between maps. A single chest worth of RP items I could see being transferred, but no materials whatsoever - and if an RP item is something like a mithril sword, I'd say it should be barred from PvP.
Map reset bad, a bunch of people would be more likely to leave if everything was just taken from them.

frill

Reaction score
Username
frill
Character Name
lofty sugden
Discord
myshkin#0001
A single chest worth of RP items I could see being transferred, but no materials whatsoever - and if an RP item is something like a mithril sword, I'd say it should be barred from PvP.
I could see that alienating some players that've built up big stores of items, be that more RP items than one chest can allow or a vast amount of mithril or steel gear. If you tell people that their previous roleplay will be all for nought because of some players that aren't them deciding that the prospect of attracting new players is more important than the comfort of old ones, they'll see their chips are being cashed for them and they'll not bother returning.

However, I think players should be able to allocate 25% of their current levels to a new skill upon launch of the next map.
As much as I think there'd need to be some cutting of the fat for XP bloat, because XP isn't linear, a flat 25% of level is far more devastating to veteran players than 25% of total xp. Some could be losing twice as much experience than somebody with half their level, requiring double the time of their fellow player to get back to what they were. It would need to be from exp. total instead of level total, if anything as controversial as this is ever debated on.

skippy369

Nation Leader
Reaction score
Username
skippy369
Character Name
Skippy Bronzebeard
Discord
Skippy#1354
Map reset bad, a bunch of people would be more likely to leave if everything was just taken from them.
Honestly? A bunch of people are already leaving now, regardless of the items they possess. People can surely coordinate with their friend group to transfer more RP items to the new fresh map. I'm also not opposed to increasing the limit of RP items able to be taken over, as long as OP items such as mithril RP weapons aren't usable in PvP on the new map - at least right away.

Redacted has had many map transfers over the years. Yes, giving up some items are a bummer - but at the end of the day, the server health needs to be put above item hoarding.

I could see that alienating some players that've built up big stores of items, be that more RP items than one chest can allow or a vast amount of mithril or steel gear. If you tell people that their previous roleplay will be all for nought because of some players that aren't them deciding that the prospect of attracting new players is more important than the comfort of old ones, they'll see their chips are being cashed for them and they'll not bother returning.

As much as I think there'd need to be some cutting of the fat for XP bloat, because XP isn't linear, a flat 25% of level is far more devastating to veteran players than 25% of total xp. Some could be losing twice as much experience than somebody with half their level, requiring double the time of their fellow player to get back to what they were. It would need to be from exp. total instead of level total, if anything as controversial as this is ever debated on.
I think it's strictly healthier for the server ecosystem if everyone is at an equal gear playing field upon a new map. I'm indifferent to RP items as long as they don't have any bearing on PvP situations (RP mithril swords being tagged as a non-PvP weapon for example). If the playerbase would prefer, I don't care if players are allowed 3 double chests to bring over strictly RP items! Just no materials or anything generally gatherable to give them an advantage on the next potential map.

Good point on the exp, though. That's a good point.

I think at the end of the day I value the above suggested changes because I think they're healthier for a server trying to grow its playerbase. I recognize some players would see their levels being cut down and get upset and say they aren't going to play anymore. I just think regardless of that it would benefit the most players - notably returning/new ones hoping to compete with map 1'ers.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Currently wanting to CRP
relinking this thread as [a competing server] is currently having its 30th child grooming pedo uproar. frp has some good systems in place to protect players and it's handy to keep the material visible and to-hand should these problems arise here.
https://www.fantasyrp.net/forums/threads/health-safety-information-guidance-more.67/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtlanteanKing12