Reviewed Darken's Event Team Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darken

VIP
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Messages
672
Reaction score
1,180
Character Name
'I.C.A'
Discord
Darkx#4901
MC Username: DarkxWalker

DiscordTag: Darkx#4901

Timezone: GMT+2 or EEST (Eastern European Standard Time, somehow)

How many hours will you be able to contribute to the team? (average per week) I am available on my screen for around 3-12 hours a day on weekdays and weekends, This may change when college comes up. I can contribute about a maximum of six hours for the event-team everyday, or roughly, fourty hours every week.

Have you had any previous staff experience? If so, please elaborate. I am a Former-A.T Member from Mid July to Early August 2020, I also have staff experiences on other servers that are hosted on a server provider (MH, Minehut). I have been a helper, moderator, and an administrator for a few servers that peaked up to 60 players back in 2019, and recently on a server that peaked up to 75 players.

What made you consider joining ET? I have been playing FRP for a while, I have participated in multiple events whether It was a worldwide one, a 1-time event, a small-duration one, a medium-duration one, a conflict-aligned one, etc. I have been interested in the random-interaction events where a random E.T just approaches you in various ways whether It's by being an animal, insects, creatures, a bandit, a mercenary, a vendor, and the list goes on.

I have been considering to apply for a while since I am interested in making events whether they're harmless, CRP-related, large-scaled or small-scaled, and more.

What can you offer to the Event Team that is unique? An honest answer, I can't offer much that's very unique except dedicating my time into creating good events whether they're large-scaled or not, and associating myself with other event-team members to teach me the ropes of being an E.T Member.

What are some themes/genres of interest that you'd like to develop into events? I like conflict-aligned events, whether It's a bunch of bandits going around attacking people in the middle of the road (Random Interaction or planned beforehand), or If It's a bunch of mercenaries trying to catch someone of high-value, adventurous events, monster-related events (Of course, with the help of other event team members. I'm not perfect), and others I also like to develop into one of my future events.

Write out an extensive idea for a small event, directed towards a group of 4 players. In the middle of the night, whilst four people were roaming the roads of Enarion, The hooves of two mounts would be heard approaching at rapid speed as two bandits, mounted on their horses, would approach the group of four people yet keeping their distance.

The first bandit would yell out for all four people to kneel down and hand over their belongings, as he pulled out his sharpened mithril blade in an attempt to intimidate the group, The second bandit nodded in agreement as he spoke as well. "Aye! Hand over yer' valuables!"

- Option 1; The group kneel down and drop their bags that had their valuables, (Not expected to happen).
- Option 2; The group pull out their weapons to retaliate against the mounted bandits. (Expected to happen).
- Option 3; The group make a plan to run away, and then make an escape for it. (Not expected to happen).

Scenario 1:


As the mounted bandits yelled out, The group whispered to each other as they kneel down and throw their valuables. The first bandit leaned close to the second one, mumbling something. The Second Bandit would dismount from his horse as he approached the group to take their valuables.

Sub-Option 1; The Group rise to the ground in an attempt to attack the bandit to the ground, without the capabilities of pulling their weapon out in time. (Expected)
Sub-Option 2; The Group let the bandit take their valuables, continuing to kneel down. (Not Expected)
Sub-Option 3; The Group make an attempt to grab their bags and make an escape for it when the bandit has his guard down. (Not Expected)

Sub-scenario 1:


As the second bandit bends over to take their valuables from the ground, The Group would rise and surround the bandit in an attempt to attack him whether It was by sweeping his feet, punching him to the ground, or any other possible attack using their clenched fists, or hands, or legs. The Bandit swings his blade as he injures one person (roll to see how bad the injury is) but by the attack of others he falls down to the muddy ground.

The one that got attacked rolls one hundred to determine how bad the injury is.
(1-20; Very Major Injury, a deep wound, might require medical attention as soon as possible to prevent blood loss)
(21-45; Major Injury, a fairly deep wound, still needs medical attention as soon as possible to prevent blood loss)
(46-70; a somewhat deep wound, does not require medical attention but requires fast timing to bandage such wound)
(71-85; The wound is not that deep and the pain is at a minimal as the bandit did not attack fast enough, requires simple bandaging)
(86-100; The bandit failed to attack the person, completely leaving the man unharmed)

(In the scenario that they get a 75, I can't put all the cases in a small-scaled event): The Person falls down due to the pain from the blade the second bandit used, The first bandit now gets involved as he pulls his bow out and readying to knock an arrow upon his bow to save the second bandit.
The second bandit attempts to crawl out of the situation, miserably failing to do such.

Two people of the group pull their blades or battleaxes out readying to defend themselves whilst the other one of the group pulls out a bandage to help the person that got attacked in the beginning.

The First Bandit aims the arrow towards the chest of one of the two people that pulled their weapons out, If the person wore steel armour, the arrow would slip off, leaving a minor dent on his chestplate. If the person wore nothing but leather, the arrow would penetrate through, leaving a minor wound from the arrow.

The medic would help bandage the first wounded person, as they then approached the other one whom was wounded to bandage them as well.
The person that remained unharmed rose his battleaxe as he, with a forceful swing, kills the miserable second bandit that remained on the ground, blood now spurting all over the ground as his decapitated head rolled over towards a rough area.
The First Bandit cried a war cry "RAAA RAAA!" He continued, "YE WILL PAY FOR THIS!" He yelled out, as he kicked the horse's back using his sharp heels, as it now runs away.

The Second Bandit's decapitated corpse would either be left to rot alongside it's belongings or looted by the group, The group has two men wounded, whilst the medic and fighter remained safe as the bandit left with his mount.

[End of Scenario 1, Sub-Option 1]

Scenario 2:


The Group yelled out with disagreement, counter-offering that the bandits leave peacefully, so no bloodshed will be committed on that peaceful night. Both Bandits disagree, as they equip their bows and pull an arrow from their quivers.
Group Member 1 (GM 1) pulls his dragonwood bow out alongside an arrow from his quiver, readying to load his bow.
Group Member 2 (GM 2) pulls his shield out, whilst keeping his medical satchel next to him in case of any wounds.
Group Member 3 (GM 3) pulls his battleaxe out, getting ready to attack both mounted bandits.
Group Member 4 (GM 4) remains in the back, what a coward!

Both Bandits knock an arrow unto their bow, readying to shoot two men of the group,
GM 1 knocks an arrow unto his bow, as he moved towards GM 2 who's tall shield was rising to prevent any bow attacks.
GM 2 keeps the grip on his dragonwood shield as he awaited the bandits' next move.
GM 3 chooses to be the 'savior' of the group, and rushes towards the bandits attempting to, with force, swing his battleaxe against the first bandit's mount.
GM 4 watches the scene unfold...

Bandit #1 aims towards GM 3 as he was moving at rapid speed towards their mounts, successfully knocking an arrow unto GM 3's chest, but the bandit falls down as his mount's leg is badly hurt due to the forceful swing from GM 3,
Bandit #2 removes his arrow from his bow, he proceeded to pull a black-tipped arrow which seemed to be made of the sharp material, obsidian as he knocks it unto his bow.

GM 1 moves to the left as he quickly aims towards Bandit #2, releasing his arrow as it successfully hits him in the chest, leaving Bandit #2 a fairly deep wound which would make him, sooner or later, lose consciousness due to blood loss or fall to the ground as he is unable to maintain his stability with such pain he's enduring.
GM 2 lowers his dragonwood shield as he pulls out his medical satchel, hurrying over towards GM 3 and pulling him away from the sights of the bandits.
GM 3 gets wounded, slowly getting dragged away out of sight by GM 2,
GM 4 sits there, out of sight.

Bandit #1 rises to the ground as he draws his mithril blade, readying himself to fight the unharmed group members, He tilted his head towards his wounded mount, and with a death glare towards his enemies, he would rush towards GM #1 as he attempts to thrust his mithril blade through his chest,
Bandit #2 slowly loses consciousness due to the blood loss,

GM #1 manages to dodge the mithril blade as he swiftly moved towards his right, as he pulled out his sharpened steel battleaxe, readying to fight the bandit to the death.
GM #2 helps GM #3 to deal with the wounds using anodyne, and bandage wraps.
GM #3 slowly loses consciousness due to the deep wound the arrow has caused for him.
GM #4 starts to participate in action as he pulls his lightweight battleaxe from his belt, running over towards Bandit #2 in an attempt to protect GM #1,

Bandit #1 does not succeed in thrusting his blade into GM #1's chest, He tilts his head towards the road and starts making a run for it as he abandons his mithril blade for quicker speed.
Bandit #2 is abandoned unconscious, alongside the two mounts.

GM #1 rises his battleaxe and, forcefully, swings it against the neck of the unconscious Bandit #2, instantly killing him.
GM #2 finishes assisting the unconscious GM #3, as he walks over towards the scene once again - seeing the bandit running away,
GM #3 remains unconscious as his wounds slowly heal from GM #2's medical assistance behind a large tree,
GM #4 runs over towards the mithril blade that the bandit abandoned, taking grip of it and putting it inside his bag.

[End of Event] I apologize If It was scuffed and a nuisance to read through all of this, I couldn't really keep track and I didn't want to type all scenarios and sub-scenarios at once, due to me losing attention to my punctuality, and grammatical reparations.

Write out an extensive idea for a medium-sized event, directed towards a group of 8-10 players. A group of four wander the roads of Brenna as a bloodcurdling scream was heard from the Koatle mountains nearby.
Such a scream would attract many gingerheads and foreigners with their weaponry ready, approaching the mountains as drops of blood would be seen on the ground, each spilled amounts of blood increasing as they were approaching the mountain.

The air was dense as they rose up the mountain of Koatle, after a few more minutes of hiking towards the top, The blood trail would end as they saw an injured knight, his whole body laying upon the rough rocks. The Group held the heavy knight as they started hiking down to get him to safety of the creature or the person that had hurt the knight, As they approached the walls of Brenna, and finally entered, The few men that helped the man would further more carry the unconscious knight towards the clinic.

After a few minutes, a medic of sorts would gather to heal the unconscious knight, After a few minutes of inspecting the injuries and using their medical resources to heal the knight, The knight would wake up, a few coughs spilling small amounts of blood upon his helmet unless removed beforehand. The group that gathered around the knight would start questioning of how he was doing, what happened, and more questions.

The Knight proceeds to not answer a singular question but ask of whom led the group and whom carried him back to safety, and one of the group would take leadership of such. The Knight slowly pulls out two pouches of gold coins, rising from his bed, now handing it to the medic who had bandaged him, and would give another pouch to that whom claimed leadership of the group/search party.

"I thank you for your help." The Knight spoke, before slowly laying down on the bed he laid upon. His consciousness lasting not more than thirty seconds as his eyes sealed shut. [End of Event]

What is your take on item rewards? I don't want to distribute a lot of items, but I do not want to leave the players without nothing at the end. Perhaps, If they work hard in a large-scale event, then they can get an E.T Item or just a random item that's somewhat valuable.

What is your vision for FRP’s narrative? FRP's narrative, It's currently doing very good in terms of lore, and event-sites that were used and could still be used in the future. I do not believe It could improve any further, but I could be mistaken.
 

KordoL

Lore
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Messages
435
Reaction score
1,779
I am unsure. I feel like, it would be best, like most ETs, to first make player events and learn from them. My word holds little value in examining one's ability to run events, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
 
OP
Darken

Darken

VIP
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Messages
672
Reaction score
1,180
Character Name
'I.C.A'
Discord
Darkx#4901
I am unsure. I feel like, it would be best, like most ETs, to first make player events and learn from them. My word holds little value in examining one's ability to run events, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Got you.
 

Swifty

VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
491
Reaction score
1,398
+1. Though dark has immature tendencies, he's a well known veteran player of frp who has clearly put time and effort into this application. I've seen worse ones get accepted so perhaps giving him a chance is a good thing.
 

Lyte

VIP
Joined
Dec 13, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
61
Username
Lyte0_0
Character Name
Arndil
Discord
Lyte#4842
+1. With swiftly on this one, this application looks like a lot of thought was given in, with proper guidance I think he could be a good fit for the team
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 11, 2021
Messages
239
Reaction score
239
Username
TheWizarddd
Character Name
Aaron Thundereye
Discord
TheWizarddd#4936
With proper guidance, I believe they can be a great fit for the team.
+1
 

ChefDeuce

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
149
I enjoy the concept for the first event, very well done with predicting all the scenarios and ironing it out. Also we need GMT ET's. With the other event I like the concept of a pop-up event not being just ohoho crocodile go munch and eat someone, but rather a tame injured knight. I also like that all the events could have event lines expanded off of them. I can see some flexibility in his ability to do both conflict, and non-conflict based events. So overall +1
 

RabbitRulez

Application
Joined
Oct 11, 2020
Messages
111
Reaction score
219
Personally I do like the ideas on more pop up events to sprout RP from. You are a goofy goober but ur able to take criticism a lot better now and evolve from that. I look forward to seeing you at lest as a trial and seeing how the testing plays out on your ideas above. Good luck Dark
 

Tharask

VIP
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
177
Reaction score
258
Username
Tharask
You need to be mature first Dark, and tbh even I like you, I don't think you would fit in E.T.
 

andydreww

Moderator
Joined
Jun 14, 2020
Messages
61
Reaction score
493
Username
andydreww
Character Name
Klaus Monroe
Discord
andydreww#8816
frp_pending.png

Your application is being reviewed. Expect a decision within the next couple of days!
 

andydreww

Moderator
Joined
Jun 14, 2020
Messages
61
Reaction score
493
Username
andydreww
Character Name
Klaus Monroe
Discord
andydreww#8816
frp_denied.png

Your application has been denied. If you have any questions, please reach out to Event Management!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

5 word horror stories. give them to me.
Check out my Creative writing please!! i would like to know your thoughts
Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday!
If you consider becoming a dwarf, feel free to read the updated intro!
The new 1.18 music is fantastic

Forum Statistics

Threads
10,883
Messages
50,847
Members
10,671
Latest member
6N6
Top