CORONATION OF MEREDITH DE RETFORD

Kingdom of Calendale

Nation Leader
Reaction score

The Crowning of Meredith de Retford I
6th of the First Moon, 21 AC
With the retirement of the beloved Lord King Richard Luc De Retford I comes a new era beginning with the coronation of Lady Meredith de Retford I. The coronation will be held in the courtroom of the palace in which all of Enarion is invited to attend. The coronation will begin with a few words from the clergy and then the official crowning of the Lady Queen by Richard Luc De Retford I.​
The coronation will be followed by a Garden Gala within the palace and the gardens within such. Guests are asked to dress formally with floral or other garden themes in their attire; alternatively one may dress in their cultural garbs. There will be a variety of Nornish wines available for tasting provided by the Savory Sun Tavern and cuisine local to Rheynland. Merchants are welcome to sell their wares in the courtyard. Musicians and bards will be playing music for those that wish to dance during the soiree.​

Invitations are hand-delivered by squire to the following people:​
The Kingdom of Rheynland
All citizens of Rheynland would find an invitation on their doorsteps as the morning light had shone through their windows.

The Kingdom of Aellen
King of Elves Nardual Aeleth; as well as his citizens.

The Republic of Valora
Consul Nysa Taennen; as well as her citizens.

Innsa Brenna
Aithman Brennus Iomharach; as well as his citizens.

Tsardom of Fyrmana
Tsarina Katerina Dragic; as well as her citizens.

Order of Saint Alba
Grandmaster Timon Urswick; as well as his citizens.

The Triumvirate of Glarenydd
Prince Iluvatar vort Aen; as well as his citizens.

At the end of each invitation, it is stamped with the seal of House de Retford.

[[OOC: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH 4:00 PM EST // 9:00 PM GMT]]

Last edited:

honeybee

Application
Reaction score
Character Name
Kalliope | Feiyin
Kalliope reads the invitation as she sat at the table by her fireplace, papers strewn about in front of her. Smiling, she dips a quill in an ink pot, beginning to write an order for more wines to be imported from around the kingdom. "Lady King," she laughs to herself, remembering her niece's nickname for Meredith. "May your reign be a bright and prosperous one."

@clonky @Cepheid_

Last edited:

clonky

Administrator
Reaction score
Edith pursued the opportunity in adamant excitement, the ideas teeming throughout her intellect. The youthful princess was anticipating a day like this to come, and so she revolved around the city in search of fabrics for herself and her aunt. To each person she met, she would exclaim... “For the prosperous Lady-King and myself alike. I shall pay you well and your fabrics will be used for the best gowns.” and off the youth trotted, unto her quarters where she sewed on.
@Cepheid_ @honeybee

BumblingBeez

Reaction score
The Fool has no formal residence, and so doesn't receive a official invitation. Yet he hears talk of the coronation and privately decides there are no walls that could keep him out.
He considers a special yellow and black uniform in honour of the occasion too, and runs off to get fabric and shinier bells.

ScubaDooba

Reaction score
Username
scubadooba
Character Name
Sephresa vas Gvaedyn
Discord
alli#7296
Diana sat solemnly at a tavern table, her fingers silently fiddling with the exquisitely crafted invitation, beckoning those who have received it to attend the Coronation of Lady Meredith of Rheynland. It wasn't long after Lady Meredith had presented herself at the Wayfarer that the angered and grieving woman sat, her mind racing with different thoughts regarding the situation. However, only one word lingered throughout her mind constantly:

Pity.

The poorly treated residents of the Wayfarer were acknowledged and graciously summoned to a nation event, yet only after her husband's heroic death that was grieved very minimally across the land. The defeated widow placed the folded papyrus decorated in extravagant calligraphy upon the furnished wooden table before whisking herself out of the tavern, contents left unread.

What should be an honor only felt like an insult.

Lionfiles

Reaction score
Username
Lionfiles
Character Name
Katerina Dragić
Discord
Lionfiles#1273
Katerina looks at the invitation before her. "Ah... It's time for that, isn't it?" She looks up from the invitation and changes her attention to Asya. "Where's our formal dress?"

Cloutfather_

Reaction score
Adamik ponders upon a mirror as he dons his new fancy ornate robe, "My my, what a handsome devil.~" Smiling narcissistically, twirling about to see his reflection.

Pyrias

Administrator
Reaction score
Username
ToyotaPyrias
Character Name
Becky Buckley
Having spent days trying to find a dress Becky would be satisfied with to wear to the coronation, she finally had obtained it. No longer would the layers of typical dresses oppress her and make her into a sweating dog! For the gown she had now was one of a lighter, looser nature. "Ah' swear Barney'll kill anybody tha' looks at m' in this, but t' hell with tha'..." She muttered to herself, grinning widely in amusement and satisfaction as she picked up the fancy invitation once more, looking it over. Pausing briefly in her reading, Becky lets out an exasperated sigh. "Damn, ah' was s'posed t' have it be floral themed?!" Becky grumpily sets down the invitation once more and glances back over to her dress, rushing to make last minute alterations to the miserable fabric.

Reaction score
Username
ImmortalShadowZ
Character Name
Ranger Tom Shadow
Discord
@Shadowz#8490
After seeing the invitation, Tom Shadow will call for all the Rangers to meet in Avengard for the coronation.

mmjinae

Reaction score
Asya Casimirovna Áshildr grumbles as she steps out of the changing room, fidgeting with her blue dress. "Is this really necessary, Kathy? My wixen robes should be more than enough..."

The Tsarina scoffs, fixing Asya's collar. "And have you waltz into the coronation looking like a wild woman, covered in mud and soot? Not a chance. You look great."

Asya groans in exasperation, but still gives her a smile nonetheless. She heads to the door, and begrudgingly puts on shoes. "Well, I will have to take your word for it."

She ties the top of her hair into a bun, pinning a rose in her hair. She turns around, and extends her arm with exaggerated flourish. "Are you ready to leave, my Tsarina?"

Katerina Dragic holds in a laugh, and takes Asya's hand. "Of course. Let's be on our way."

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

4CD wrote on Lionfiles's profile.
shouldnt u have the nation leader role on the forums....
"Thanks suki" "you're welcome"
4CD
hello frp i need fish, respond asap...
4CD
when will shizai return...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeuroHexis