Cooking Profession Discussion

KordoL

VIP
Reaction score
IGN KordoL

Suggestion, feedback or idea!

The Cooking Profession
As a cook myself and having talked to many cooks, it slowly becomes apparent that nowadays, the cooking profession has degraded into an profession that does not seem enjoyable, in any variety. Since plugin and rp professions are not connected, anyone can rply become a cook and therefore being a cook plugin wise only gives you access to food which are simply not worth it anymore. The only rare use of these textured foods is the roleplay aspect, but that alone is not enough to make being a cook enjoyable. In an effort to at least jump start an discussion, I will propose the following idea:

Any food, not cooked through the cooking profession, had a significant less amount of nutrition. A cooked salmon would decrease to 2 hunger points and two saturation, as an example.

Why are you proposing this?

In order to cook fish sausage, someone would have to firstly either contact a fisherman or be a fisher themselves, then to obtain three fish from two separate biomes and have to go either buy a piece of celandine or obtain it themselves, which is utterly pointless when considering cooking the three fish gives you aprox. three times the food values of fish sausage.

Besides, it would make little sense for a singular crudely cooked potato by a Metalsmith to be equivalent to the Fish waflle which required farming, fishing , harvesting eggs, manufacturing sugar and milking a cow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
Lixis Reyphyra
Discord
woot#4467
I feel bad being a lvl 50 chef

rodmaxgg

Reaction score
I've just become a cook recently and while I enjoy the textures made to the foods and the effects some of them, making them it's not worth it material-wise for a stack of waffles for example you need 3 stacks of haddock and it doesn't give any effect and if it's only for regeneration of the food bar then I would just use the normal cooked fish, if this post is made into the server it would make it so more cooks have an actual purpose other than just making the alcohol for the tavern rp

Mikamekaze

Reaction score
There's also a HUGE amounts of custom ingredient herbs and spices without any use to the profession whatsoever, that just sit in chests. An expansion on the amount of recipes would be extremely beneficial as well. I also believe limiting access to farms to people specifically with professions relating to it would help curb more people to purchasing food instead of just getting it themselves.

OP
KordoL

KordoL

VIP
Reaction score
I too want people to starve. Laughs in chest of fish.
This does not work here since regular fish does count as a cook-made meal.
Plus all you have is riverfish anyway, out of the 11 fish you get only 3 have a cooking use! Smh my head, goldpanner!

OP
KordoL

KordoL

VIP
Reaction score
Something I wish to add to this: Golden Carrots are broken. Gold is an item barely used by the massive community of miners we have so there is plentiful of gold and carrots are easy to come across due to our also big community of farmers. Why bother making a proper meal if a carrot casted in gold is for some reason more nourishing than any cook could beat?

Do not remove, simply don't make them eatable for players.

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

I'm sorry but if your rp ambiance music isnt Livin La Vida Loca I don't want to talk to you.
Doing another round of Moderation apps, if you feel like you posses the skills, please apply before the end of the week as that is when applications close.

Thank you!!
Dawsy wrote on Sukitoru's profile.
need more tier lists asap, please sukitoru
national girlfriend day is an amazing holiday when you dont have people in your ear talking about how lonely they are
Immortalshadowz wrote on farles's profile.
The return part 2 of Jeremiah Jr?
Happy Mother's Day to all FRP mamas both icly and oocly!!
The oldest person ever to have lived (whose age could be authenticated), a French woman named Jeanne Louise Calment, was 122 years old when she died in 1997.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowblueZ