Reaction score
Username
SexBobOmb
Character Name
Sanyi Belmont
Discord
Joey シールド#4697
Interactive Blood
StpQPOgUg2Ga5nbhygDvoeX52VSjP1XwakhGjTBnEiL79Os4W7nePdp23FEIF1vmG62pcLzW6rlBRAyQ_Uz2oDJkdF3_Va...png

Blood.PNG

“We are linked by blood, and blood is memory without language.”
hJwDdfMxpmfZovkLAe_LptJ4HTEwYxiTE3evZeEzrofJGPQ6RNqhzebI6a_Yw7GSj4kUZbhBu13h_KRgCu0Lk0-yJ5S9e6...png

Name:
Collectable blood

Item form:
Comes in the form of either a bottle or bucket of blood.

Physical Description:
A cherry red, viscous substance, far thicker than water. Upon touching it, you would find it sticking to your hand - almost like a more watered down gel. A rustic smell wafting up your nose due to how rich in iron it was found to be. Should curiosity get the better of you, it would be discovered that the taste was no different, metallic and disgusting.

How to obtain:
It can be harvested from either a downed player or a willing donator. To get blood, simply type /bloodget in the chat and right-click on the player you wish to collect blood from. The player is then sent a request, which they either choose or are forced to accept. As mentioned previously, this has to be consensual within roleplay, and the player has to be willing - the only case where this is not required is when they are dead, or you have rendered them unconscious. To which, they then just accept it.

Attributes and general information:
The process of donating blood requires the care and precision of a medical professional. Using whatever tools and means they deem fit - this is mainly to encourage more medical roleplay and to provide a wider variety to what someone in a clinic can help you with. This only makes sense within roleplay as the only other way of getting blood from someone would be cutting them and draining them, proving to be far more dangerous and putting the donator at risk. The most you should harvest from a specific player in a day should be no more than three bottles, anything further potentially rendering the patient unconscious. The likelihood of death increases furthermore as you continue onwards. Perhaps a roll can be introduced to decide such, considering it would vary between person. The average human body carries and stores up to five buckets of blood. Once you have obtained three bottles of blood, you may convert them into a singular bucket. This is just a larger storage container for the blood you obtain; how you go about using it is really up to you. Whilst storing blood, it is required for the temperature to remain around +2 °C to +6 °C. This will allow it to last six weeks. Though blood can be frozen, allowing you to store it for exactly ten years - why you'd do so is unknown to me and would merely be cosmetic. Not only is the oxygen-carrying ability of blood significantly reduced, but the blood itself consists of about 50% water, and the rest are blood cells. Freezing the water will cause ice crystals to form, which will subsequently kill the blood cells. The only beings in Enarion who can safely consume blood are those designed for it, the blood elves, vampires, & other such creatures. (If I am missing something or someone. I don't care, i'm not a nerd. Just assume they're included ;P) Any other person runs the risk of catching disease and illness, e.g. If a human decides to drink blood during a Yaen ritual, their body is not adapted to be used to it, and so they heavily run the risk of falling ill and now catching the HIV poor sacrificed larry had (Irl diseases would not be introduced, primarily just lore diseases and illnesses.). How this is decided is unknown to me; whether a command is introduced that decides by chance or the player themself simply roll.

Purpose:
I think the introduction of blood would be an intriguing aspect to the server; not only does it open up so much in regards to medical RP, but it also makes things a bit more realistic. Nothing is known about it, so it would inherently provide a goal and direction for those whom decide to study it. Furthermore, it would make people interact with those in a clinic more and give a healer or cleric even more purpose - your wounds heal, and you can cleanse your body of poison with a potion, though your blood is not restored so quickly. I have seen people lose limbs and spill life and soul out onto a battlefield, though an anodyne and some rest and poof, they're fine. I believe the introduction of blood and actual long term obtaining the means to blood transfusion would inherently make getting mortally wounded more lethal and require treatment. On top of this, it is not that unrealistic - considering how naturally advanced elves are supposed to be. It also opens up the concept of disease being spread and passed on - allowing for a more natural medieval environment, one not so squeaky clean as we portray it. It would also give E.T a wider variety to what they both can and want to do, like starting a plague within a city and having the citizenry roleplay the proper trials and go through the efforts of cleansing those.

Vampires can store and take blood from their victims now, work around having to go about slaughtering someone just whenever they get hungry. Even further, they may choose not to harm anyone at all and instead have those close to them donate. The same goes for those a part of Yaen. Long term, you could perhaps introduce blood to the equation when it comes to Necromancy or even blood sorcery, or whatever is to come in the future as I believe it is a necessary and key ingredient.

The entire concept and item idea was put together and created by @Draketonic ; the only hand I had in this was properly formatting it and making it look nice and cross-checking and adding some depth.
hJwDdfMxpmfZovkLAe_LptJ4HTEwYxiTE3evZeEzrofJGPQ6RNqhzebI6a_Yw7GSj4kUZbhBu13h_KRgCu0Lk0-yJ5S9e6...png

Totalore

VIP
Reaction score
Can always just have a player sign a "Bottle of Blood" item to signify that its their blood. Don't see much use in an extra plugin for just blood, unfortunately

Reaction score
Could be fun but considering the setting like ya said a blood bottle would only be good for 1.5 ooc days. perhaps there are ways to preserve it better preserve it. Maybe if Ya could write an IC thesis/treatise on the topic as in lore I doubt blood transfusions are very viable to normal folk without higher tech IV, needles, tubes. Could still be pog for vampires to have that mechanical check in game/ other uses.

Snavier

Reaction score
Username
Snavier
Character Name
Kinal Urswick
Discord
Snavier#4444
Seems like something vampires might benefit out of.

I also agree with A_Good_Fellow right above me.

bruhelena

Application
Reaction score
Username
bruhelena
Character Name
Floria
Discord
elenaa#7721
Not sure how things like blood transfusions in rp would work, but regardless, as a medic rp nerd myself I would love to see this to introduce new possibilities for rp medicine

HellsBelles

Event
Reaction score
Username
imhellsbelles
Character Name
'Cain'
Discord
Hells Smelles#0874
From someone who’s been medicrp’ing for almost the entire time I’ve been on FRP, I think this could be an interesting take.
Med rper union- imagine all the ic work that can be done with this, do some whacky experiments potentially like enfusing small amounts of pots and herbs within blood to give emergency buffs. Could be rlly sick to rp and experiment with as we could find some really interesting ways to heal patients or even to alter the physicality in a positive way

OP
HumanTimeBomb

HumanTimeBomb

Reaction score
Username
SexBobOmb
Character Name
Sanyi Belmont
Discord
Joey シールド#4697
Could be fun but considering the setting like ya said a blood bottle would only be good for 1.5 ooc days. perhaps there are ways to preserve it better preserve it. Maybe if Ya could write an IC thesis/treatise on the topic as in lore I doubt blood transfusions are very viable to normal folk without higher tech IV, needles, tubes. Could still be pog for vampires to have that mechanical check in game/ other uses.
All part of the studying aspect, allow the player them self to find the proper methods of storage.

Impieri

VIP
Reaction score
storing blood has been a discussed topic in vampire chats for a while i believe, the resulting conclusion falling onto the notion:

Blood must be freshly and directly drained from a living person or recently killed person ( recent as within an hour ), in order to have any positive effects for a vampire. It’d simply defeat another weakness of a vampire by allowing them to chug blood and heal all wounds instantly in combat. Not only this but from my gloss over of your suggestion you didn’t take into consideration coagulation ( Or you might of and i missed it ).

While i appreciate the premise and what it may offer to rp it just feels extremely niche and unnecessary when development time and resources and rp consideration from staff can be spent on other additions.

Ttsim

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Ttsim
Character Name
Gnorf
Discord
Ttsim#1832
Blood transfusions imply knowledge of blood types
The first successful blood transfusion occurred in 1667, which while it is a bit further ahead technologically wise, I see no harm in creating a suspension of disbelief for this sort of thing. My biggest concern is what Impieri brought up, that blood seems niche in comparison to what else could be worked on. However, this doesn't mean it should be discarded entirely. It's an interesting premise that if executed properly (and likely in the future) could hold some merit for future RP mechanics, and even tie into other RP avenues such as magic, alchemy, etc.

Alphawolf307

Reaction score
Username
DeeHax
Character Name
Xavier Lightfoot
Discord
DeeHax#8015
+1, that would add more ways to rp, but i think it would take a little while to appear in rhe server, since it’s the equivalent of a rough sketch, but a good idea nonetheles.

Xaedric

VIP
Reaction score
Username
Xaedric
Character Name
What happens on earth stays on earth
Discord
Xaedric#3313
The first successful blood transfusion occurred in 1667, which while it is a bit further ahead technologically wise, I see no harm in creating a suspension of disbelief for this sort of thing. My biggest concern is what Impieri brought up, that blood seems niche in comparison to what else could be worked on. However, this doesn't mean it should be discarded entirely. It's an interesting premise that if executed properly (and likely in the future) could hold some merit for future RP mechanics, and even tie into other RP avenues such as magic, alchemy, etc.
If we are talking alchemy, I doubt blood types would be too useful, moreso the blood or ichor of specific beings, like oni, and seraphs

Kaii

Developer
Reaction score
Username
HeyKaii
Character Name
Sgaire R.
Discord
Kaii#6660
-1. In terms of Medical RP, Scientifically, I don't believe we are in a time where blood transfusion is a thing. I believe adding that would have little to no change in Medical RP, looking beyond the technological factor of it. Not to mention we also have potions, if someones bleeding out or something, just give them a potion? Yes, you then lose a part of the RP to it, but Blood Transfusion I would say doesn't have a place on FRP quite yet or at all.

Crusader_uno_

Reaction score
Username
_CRUSADER_UNO
Character Name
Uno|Theodas Erryss
Discord
OHITSUNO#2299
My take on this post, medical syringes are tech locked, (BeCaUsE YOu CaN Rp iNjeCtiNg DrUggs WhiCh BrEaKs ThE rULeS🤡).

A)Trolls blood exist…it still does right?…>_<

b) Blood letting is the only reasonable and logical medical procedure in FRP Timeline.

C) Blood leeches are another effective way! yet DISGUSTANG 🐍🐍🐍

/bloodget is an interesting Rp command does this mean anyone of any age/race can obtain this ability? like a passive trait? Would this introduce a potential skill to level up?

Blood transfusion? Nah Too futuristic for medical Rp in FRP, Using blood for Witchcraft And offerings to “Gods?” sounds like a good E.T loot/quest item I must say….

Overall bogos binted🗿👽, press E to heal teammate with blood vial (5xp!)

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Which one of you sickos was on down detector today?
rip tupac you would've loved frp
yassifying someone's skin irp and editing it ocly :)
them not changing the skin :(
i bet juggalettes are hot

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mia