Reaction score
Username
AdventureApollo
Character Name
Amelia Smith-Alsace | Generic Guard Aerion Yvrel | Man-at-Arms Clarence
Discord
AdventureApollo#0001
Bridges

This guide will teach you how to create a bridge ingame using signs. These can be used as mechanical drawbridges or hidden trap doors within suitable builds. There are no special rules involving bridges, only regular rules involving traps are applied.

For a bridge sign to function, it must be in the same horizontal row and vertical column of another bridge sign functioning as the destination. The direction the sign faces is very relevant, the text-less sides of both signs must face each other. Only certain blocks can be used in the creation of bridges. These planks and cobblestone; including all variations that share a base blockID in Minecraft version 1.12.2. Both bridge signs must have [Bridge] in their second line. The first line must be empty for the sign to be created. The signs can be both either above or below the bridge (Or on the side of the block), but they must be in the center of the bridge. The block that the sign is connected to must be the same material as the bridge.
bridge1.PNG

bridge2.PNG

bridge3.PNG

bridge4.PNG
draw.PNG

draw2.PNG

The maximum length of bridges is 16 blocks, while the width is always 3 blocks. Bridges can be enabled by redstone by simply connecting the power source to the trigger sign. Contraptions involving redstone may need Lore or Moderation oversight, depending on size and complexion.
redstone.PNG

redstone2.PNG

If you right-click the bridge sign, it will open or close the bridge.

Full Documentation about the topic can be seen here

Last edited:
Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
Lixis Reyphyra
Discord
woot#4467
This isn’t real, lies wtf? Nah I don’t believe

Darken

VIP
Reaction score
Character Name
'I.C.A'
Discord
Darkx#4901
Genuinely didn't know that this shit existed, might be good for raids now that a lot of people will discover it.

OP
AdventureApollo
Reaction score
Username
AdventureApollo
Character Name
Amelia Smith-Alsace | Generic Guard Aerion Yvrel | Man-at-Arms Clarence
Discord
AdventureApollo#0001
16/09/2021 - Update
- With further testing, stone brick blocks are not compatible with bridges. List of usable blocks was shortened
- After asking moderation management, bridges do not have any special rules in their usage. Provided they do not violate any pre-existing rules. Intro updated to reflect this

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

from your wounds the fester pours
I feel like drinking boba😔
Roses are red,
My favourite food is a burger,
Elves are dead,
Because of a Jindle murder!
Knuckles, cracked. Computer, on. Maid outfit, worn. Oh yea, it’s FRP time.
Greenland isn’t green
Two sentence horror stories. Now.
The Netherlands isn’t what you think it is…
How did I reach 1090 rep lmao

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeyeatsbanananansss