[BOOK] Usqay of Boomerangs

KordoL

VIP
Reaction score
(A freshly made book lay before you. Its cover depicts a man with a curved stick - in a artwork not usually seen around Enarion. The cover reads, in common, "Usqay of Boomerangs". Below the artwork it reads "By Keno Hakanuna, to return back to you")
(THIS BOOK IS NOT available YET, IT STILL HAS TO BE PUBLISHED TO CERTAIN LIBRARIES)
FrontCover.png

USQAY OF BOOMERANGS
Table of contents
I.
Introduction
II.
Throwing a Boomerang
III.
Contact Information

INTRODUCTION
A countless amount of years. A countless amount of years of dwarven kin being segregated - families and tribes forgetting about their ancient ties of the land and settling down alone, like a lone wolves. Clans shattering apart, holds being abandoned, achievements forgotten - all caused by the destructive force of the calamity. In recent years, the dwarven kin have reunited again under the same banners again: Ordheim, The Reclamation Collective of Hazduun and Karak az Angril. Families reunite, Clans form again and achievements remembered.

However, not all have found their ancestry again. I have little of my past: A hourglass, a poncho, a broken mind and a last name. I have spent several years to discover my ancestry again, for I do not wish to be a lone wolf, for I did not choose such. I have been in the old libraries of Rheynland, I have been an archivist in the Promdorian Archive, I have been a cleric inside the Fyrmani Library, I have investigated every book inside Tor Ascara, I have spent several years expeditioning into Ordheim, nothing. No mentions of anything similar of my ancestry yet.

As of now, I have gotten dreams. Small visions, making me remember certain things about my ancestry. These dreams I call "Usqay" - it seems that it is what it is called. I have now decided in order to remember more for my ancestry and hopefully find other lost dwarven souls and reunite again alongside our other kin, to publish some of these Usqays around Enarion.

I hope I- or you - return to me or you like a Boomerang does.

THROWING A BOOMERANG

A boomerang is a throwing stick with certain aerodynamic properties, traditionally made of wood, but boomerang-like devices have also been made from bones. It returns to its thrower if correctly thrown. It usually is used for hunting, but it can be a quite effective blade or club if experienced enough.

Boomerang1.png

Your boomerang has a flat side and a rounded side. Hold your boomerang with a loose grip, like a pen, with the rounded side facing you.

Boomerang2.png

Throw the boomerang at 45° to 60° to the right of the wind.

Boomerang3.png

Hold the boomerang at shoulder height. It must leave your hand in this position, slightly tilted towards the right.

Boomerang4.png

Throw the boomerang loosely, opening your arm. Just before letting go, sharply jerk your wrist to spin it.

unnamed.png

The best way to catch a returning boomerang is to extend both arms, wait until the boomerang reaches below shoulder level, then clap your hands together to catch the boomerang between your palms.

OOC INFORMATION
If you wish to use a boomerang in CombatRP, remember that it only returns if it only lightly hits your target or misses completely. Whetever it imbeds itself into the enemy is up to the two CombatRPing and the difference between the Attacker and Defender Roll. If you miss or lightly hit your target, you have to wait their turn before emoting catching it again. Reminder that anyone who does not get scared or does not try to dodge from an incoming projectile - unless properly armoured I suppose - they would be powergaming in my definition. My word means little in contrast to whoever is CombatRPing or any staff supervising any CombatRP - but I can guarantee that Boomerangs - even without blades or metal infused into them - are very dangerous. They fly at around 60 miles an hour, if thrown properly. Refer anyone to this section if you use a boomerang - of course I do not have any authority on how you CombatRP but I have delved into the topic a lot and have experience, if any of those reading think that may change their mind.

CONTACT INFORMATION
As of 43 AC, I live inside Lower Hazduun on the 14th Emerald Ravine.
I hope that any of these writings will help me remember more or even find one of my - truly true - kin.

- Keno Hakanuna

Last edited:

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

I'm sorry but if your rp ambiance music isnt Livin La Vida Loca I don't want to talk to you.
Doing another round of Moderation apps, if you feel like you posses the skills, please apply before the end of the week as that is when applications close.

Thank you!!
Dawsy wrote on Sukitoru's profile.
need more tier lists asap, please sukitoru
national girlfriend day is an amazing holiday when you dont have people in your ear talking about how lonely they are
Immortalshadowz wrote on farles's profile.
The return part 2 of Jeremiah Jr?
Happy Mother's Day to all FRP mamas both icly and oocly!!
The oldest person ever to have lived (whose age could be authenticated), a French woman named Jeanne Louise Calment, was 122 years old when she died in 1997.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowblueZ