An Isilros Withdraw

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
1615557770165.png

What I am about to say is going to upset some, it may even anger some though I will keep it short and to the point. For a long time, our family has followed Aellen in unconditional support in all her endeavors. May it be:
  1. Reconstruction efforts where our mother took charge in providing a better quality of living for all within our walls, providing more comfortable homes to those less fortunate, and providing larger shops so that the economy could flourish larger than it ever has.
  2. Paying massive sums of gold so that others could be returned from captivity so that our military remained armed and healthy never expecting a dime returned when our own storage ran dry of potions.
  3. Being the largest funders of our wars which never saw a single victory might I add.
Now in recent times when it was time for the city that we loved and called home should have remembered all that our family had done for it, it turned its back on us. Turned a blind eye to the atrocities that had been inflicted upon our own mother. There was no sympathy, no compassion. We have given all that we could and now we are tossed aside.

On this day, upon the eve of war, I call upon my fellow Isilros, to walk away. The fight for Aellen is no longer ours to fight. Not one more Isilros will die for a nation that turns its back on us. Not one more Isilros coin will be spent to fight another's battle. There will be no shame or dishonor in adhering to this letter's wishes. The Isilros will rebuild and find its home in the lands beyond. You will find my ship docked in Glarenydd, I do wish you would join me.

Signed
~ Elred Nerna Isilros

This letter is publicly available and all may see and respond to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Username
PrussianOberherr
Character Name
Viggo Hartmann
Discord
TrioDragon#7606
Walking along the streets the man takes notice of the letter, giving it a read he scoffs, tossing it aside. "The reconstruction efforts were not just of 'yer mother. But of the whole nation, she had simply taken it upon herself 'te lead the project." He stops himself from speaking aloud once more as he made his way home. Returning to the confines of his house he once more allows his thoughts to be spoken around with a sarcastic laugh. "The money 'yer mother used was barely of her own but of the nation." He scoffs once more. "Yer family provided during the great war. But since then it has been the people of our nation. Dain would be ashamed of 'ye." With his final words spoken the man continued about his day.

bruhelena

Application
Reaction score
Username
bruhelena
Character Name
Floria | Ruvora
Discord
elenaa#7721
The letter caught the eye of a young Davina Isilros. She would pick it up and decide to take it back to the manor to give it a read. As soon as she entered she would lower her black hood from her head and slide into a seat at the table where she set the letter down to examine. As her eyes scanned over it, she wouldn't know exactly how to respond.. instead she tapped a hand on the table and hummed quietly, before sliding it across to her mother, Elnalari. "Mother.. have you seen this?" The girl asked from the other side of the table. "What do you think of it?" She wondered as she awaited her mothers response.

@SWEETIELYRA

Reaction score
Username
TheMacabreSaint
Character Name
Blanchefleur Monroe
Discord
lj#0196
The young raven-haired woman passed through the streets until the letter caught her attention. She peered at the parchment curiously, “What's this?” Promptly, she took it, reading it silently. With a light ‘hmph’ the young woman returned home with the item in hand. Once she crossed the threshold of the household, her voice rung out for her elders to hear, “Aunty? Uncle? You mentioned these folk before, haven’t you?” She then stepped into the kitchen, holding the parchment out for them both to see.

@andydreww @retro

Last edited:

retro

VIP
Reaction score
Username
xxRetro
Character Name
Valerie Monroe
Upon hearing the front door of their adobe swing open, the second eldest Monroe swiftly rose her head from her craft with a curious hum. "Mentioned who, exactly?" Valerie pondered aloud, raising a curled index finger to her lip as she began to exit the household study with an eased saunter, joining her niece in the kitchen. "What's this?" She began, quirking a brow as she leaned over to quickly skim through the parchment presented before her, "Ah.. Oh. Hm." She blinked once - then twice, before slowly retreating into the comfort of the study, leaving dear older brother to handle the situation instead! "Ask your uncle," she offered finally, from a safe distance..

@andydreww

Last edited:
Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
A Elf.
Discord
woot#4467
“Largest funder of wars, funny.”
Lixis laughed out loud.
“Yes, you have donated some potions, though I have brought the many armors that you wore, the blades you have swung and the shields you’ve raised were all of mine. If king Nardual was alive he would’ve told you.”

Swifty

VIP
Reaction score
Anthony Coalman giggles while reading.

"Bunch of inbred bastards anyways."

Vorion Isilros would roll in his grave hearing such cowardice, however he would've appreciated the Isilros wishing to leave Aellen for he too hated the City.

Mark2282

Reaction score
Jona reads the letter, pausing for a minute. He'd then fold it and drop it in the bin. "Being afraid to fight is fine but you don't have to be a bitch about it! Spoiled children these days."

andydreww

Reaction score
Username
andydreww
Character Name
Klaus Monroe
Discord
andydreww#8816
Diligence was rampant within the Monroe's mind as he scribbled away in his research journal. Closer and closer, his ideas on a new prospect for experimenting with alchemy and magical arcana seemed almost plausible. He knew he was almost there. However, his train of thought was cut short upon the call of his dearest sister and graceful niece, calling back in return, "Which uncle? Hopefully you mean the better one?" Leaving his work and passing Valerie with an aged smile and chuckle, Klaus settled down at the kitchen table and poured himself a mug of yarrow tea. His eyes then shifted over to the parchment upon the tablecloth, "Is this what you speak of, Blanche? Mmm, let us see here. . ."

Only a few moments were spent as the Monroe sped through the parchment's contents. Huffing a sigh to himself and taking a deep sip of tea, Klaus' stormy colored eyes glazed over to Blanche as he pieced his words together, "Do you remember the first lecture I taught you when you arrived upon the manor? The same one I explained for Madeline, Valeska, Vera, and Roysia? Even with Reine? Our mantra is our livelihood; united we stand, divided we fall. When you pit family in the midst of conflict, Blanche, you can not splinter into fragments and factions. You must stand as one, lest you turn to each other as enemies and foes." Clearing his throat as he lightly tossed the letter across from him, Klaus shook his head towards the table. He seemed a tad unfocused as he stared at the fabric's embroidery, a nostalgic memory pulling at his daze, "It seems fate will test those words again in the coming days. Hm."

Dispelling his turbulent thoughts, the Monroe steeled his wits as he looked back towards Blanche with a comforting smile - yet the stern, piercing gaze was still upheld, "Keep your eyes and ears open, Blanchefleur. The future holds many mysteries, and all will need revelation soon." At that, Klaus Monroe attempted for a brief second to predict the future. Unfortunately, he hadn't a clue about it.

@h_allusination & @retro

Last edited:

AdventureApollo

Reaction score
Username
AdventureApollo
Character Name
Amelia Smith-Alsace | Generic Guard Aerion Yvrel | Man-at-Arms Clarence
Discord
AdventureApollo#0001
"Not even head of household, nor even knowing of the family's usage of wealth" Aerion Yvrel flicked through a few documents containing the raid participants from the past raids on Aellen "Hypocrite, didn't even participate in Aellen's defence yet talks as if he has any word. The elf corrected himself in his chair as he noticed some fellow Aellen guards passing by, showing the missive to have some laughs. "Who even got paid for? The treasury says that no wealth was ever used for the sort. It also doesn't say that the Isilros were the top-funders of war, not even in the top three."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Username
TheWizarddd
Character Name
Aaron Thundereye
Discord
TheWizarddd#4936
Aaron would read the message, simply leaving. On his way saying
"You turned your back to us first."

Snavier

Reaction score
Username
Snavier
Character Name
Kinal Urswick
Discord
Snavier#4444
The armored man wheezed and coughed at the sight of the missive, he couldn't stop his laughter and wheezing as he rolled on his estates floor with coughing and gasping for air. Guilt couldn't stop giggling and slowly raised himself with the assistance of his chair, the tiny murmurs of hysteria; Much to the dismay of the creatures around him, they tilted and turned, whining at the mans laughs and giggling as he sat down to rub his eyes with tears forming from the amount of emotional excess that the missive caused. Guilt cleared his throat and read over it completely with giggles here and there.

He stared at it for a few seconds before he stamped it to his wall of many other letters before setting the desk back to it's original placement, before he turned to his creatures and began their feeding,

"I haven't laughed like that in. . Ages. ."
He still giggled to himself as he grabbed nutrition for the creatures awaiting to be fed.

Ren_2

Reaction score
Avi would gaze down from where he stood at the lab at his work, his eyes momentarily focused on the gems laid out and his hand going to look at the paper... before a snarl revealed the mithril fang that dared to cut his lip and he looked away, he kept his words silence for decades at what she had done... what he had seen done by her hands it made his stomach knot and his eyes close, "Inhale... Exhale..." He spoke out calm in the thick accent but still as it stand he felt hunger and that made his hand slide to the glowing gem at his right and pick it up... He soon stood and within the hour would be riding away from Aellen towards the north with the hunger growing stronger as sick intent filled him, "Never once did she listen to suggestion of I... even after what I did to self for her nation." He whispered under his breath as he thanked the Harden Hide gods for the clear night where he could see stars guiding him home... away from Aellen.

The cloak over his back blowing behind him as under the fabric and attached to his jacket would be the pendent gifted to him decades ago by the woman on the hill who no longer walked the land.

Reaction score
Character Name
Leon | Ana
Discord
LeonFrostfire#0555
A ginger and snow haired couple read the notice together. It seems to trouble the woman. The page crumples in her hand as she speaks with the man. After a quick exchange, she replaces the notice on the board. Before they walk away, she pulls out a stick of charcoal and adds to the notice the following words:

"Next time pay your own debts before you leave, and don't speak for your elders."

OP
Burnsalan20

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
As a new day passes fresh posters could be seen posted around. The old weathered, crumbled, and tossed pages were collected in a waste bin and promptly disposed of. "Ironic." The elf muttered as he continued to clean up. "Well... I wasn't expecting an applause. They could at least not lower themselves to Calendales childish antics."

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

5 word horror stories. give them to me.
Check out my Creative writing please!! i would like to know your thoughts
Congratulations, you’ve made it to Friday!
If you consider becoming a dwarf, feel free to read the updated intro!
The new 1.18 music is fantastic

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
she_must_be_gay