Username
AN_DR
Character Name
Odilia
Border Forge.png

A CONTEST OF CRAFTSMEN | 116 ac
- ODILIA'S FIRST CRAFTING COMPETITION -

Cropped Line.png

Sat behind her mithril anvil, one Odilia-az-Mythforge would contemplate the appearance of a thrumming ingot that glowed upon its face. Casting a dull and yellow glow across her pondering visage, the half-dwarf would heft such into her padded, sooty glove. For once in her life, she felt rather lost on where to go with her craft. There was so much potential for a material like this. So many options! So many ideas—so many thoughts—that she almost felt as if she was at sea, dizzy and astray. What in the world would she do with this thing?
Suddenly, the small shuffling of padded feet would shake Odilia out of her stupor.
Appearing there, and from around the corner, a chubby raccoon would shuffle up and to her workshop’s forge. Pointing at the ingot before rubbing its little hands together as a greedy goblin might, Odilia would nod in response. “You’re right, Reginald,” so the smith would proclaim. “I’m thinking too hard about this! Maybe I don’t need to make anything at all this time around. Let’s just, uh. Let's just leave this to someone else to figure out, waha!”
That wasn’t at all what the raccoon was trying to get across. Reginald was just plain hungry, man.
Regardless, waddling off as its not-quite-mortal companion would get to scribbling up a memo—knowing full well that trying to pry Odilia away from something after setting herself to it was impossible—the raccoon would go off to find Kine’s secret stash of sweets, still hungry.
Odilia’s scribbled memo would read as follows, a platoon of oddly muscular raccoons delivering them in droves across Enarion. And Zhul.
Cropped Anvil.png

hello enarion!
And Zhul. Odilia-az-Mythforge here, and I’m looking to hold a crafting competition of sorts! Competitions. Plural. You’ll see what I mean.
I’ve got myself a nice little ingot of astrum ferro—something I’m sure some of you crafters out there might be interested in—and I’ve already made something with the stuff before, so I want to see it be worked by someone else. To that end, I’m going to be holding a competition of craftsmanship for it. And some other stuff. You'll find all the details on the back of this parchment, yippie!
Show me what you’ve got, Enarion! And Zhul. You can find me in Hazduun!
Until next time! Smell you later!
Odilia - az - Mythforge
16th of the Bloodmoon, 116 AC
The Armamentarium
Thorindottir
Cropped Line.png

THE RUNDOWN
So. There’s going to be two competitions here. Two categories, per se.
To start, we have the post-issue category—the one most of you will be interested in, as the prize for this category is that delicious ingot of astrum ferro. For this category, all player-made crafts must be datesigned and must have been made during or after this post was made. That is, 116 AC.
Next, there’s the pre-issue category. No time window for this one—the datesign isn’t even required. If your coolest craft was made in 60 AC and isn’t eligible for being submitted in the post-issue category, submit it here for a chance at some fancy items! That’s about it as far as the format goes. There’ll be prizes for the top three players in each category, to note!
THE RULES
To reiterate, there’s two categories for this competition: the post-issue and pre-issue categories. Post-issue submissions must be made on or after 116 AC and be datesigned to prove such. Pre-issue submissions are free for any crafts at any time, and as a result, don’t even need to be datesigned.
Important note: you can submit one entry in both the post-issue and pre-issue categories, but cannot submit the same item in both categories. As for crafts, I’m generally leaving this free form, but will not accept written books. You can even submit player signed crafts, though I’ll make it clear now that LT signed crafts will generally have a better chance at winning (if only for the fact that most LT signed crafts will require neat materials outside of mundane things like iron and steel). Custom potions or weapons or whatever’s fine by me for submission.
Otherwise, while obvious to the point of not needing to be said, you can only submit items that your character has actually made. To note, these basic rules may change or be altered in the future if I ever do another of these competitions, but this is, regardless, a trial run of sorts for said craft competitions in the future, so don’t expect what’s listed here to be the end all be all of my rules. I may just forget to write something after all.
For the actual criteria and judging portion of submitted crafts, I’m generally biased to LT signed items. I’ll be checking for things like spelling and grammar, and think that I have a decent idea of quality when it comes to player-made crafts; in short, it’s all up to me. At the end of the competition’s run, two to three OOC weeks, I’ll post the crafts of the winners alongside some blurbs to at least make my reasoning for each known. And that's about it, yo!
THE PRIZES
The top three winners of each category will get prizes! They're not all that grand, frankly, but I think they're better than simple trophies at least.
Cropped Line.png

POST-ISSUE CATEGORY PRIZES

ASTRUM FERRO INGOT + 6 ENCHANTED ICE
Astrum Ferro Ingot 2.png

Enchanted Ice.png

THUNDERBALL + 6 SCARLET ORE
Thunderball.png

Scarlet Ore.png

EBONY WOOD + 6 OBSIDIAN
Ebony Wood.png

Obsidian.png

Cropped Line.png

PRE-ISSUE CATEGORY PRIZES

FALLADRUM HEATER SHIELD + LUCKY RING
Falladrum Heater Shield.png

Lucky Ring.png

NORTHMAN'S ROUNDSHIELD + ORNATE HORN
Northman's Roundshield.png
Ornate Horn.png

HALDORATHSSON'S GOLDEN BUCKLER + EXTUNIONE
Haldorathsson's Golden Buckler.png

Extunione.png

Cropped Line.png

CONTACT INFO
For all submissions, questions and etcetera, contact me on Discord at MAM8A#8237 if needed. This competition will last for roughly two to three OOC weeks depending on the rate and number of submissions I get, before I’ll then announce winners here in the replies of this post. So, somewhere between the 6th to 13th of October. To submit something for the competition, just send me a screenshot of the item and its full description alongside which of the two categories you actually want to submit your item(s) for. Remember, you can submit screenshots for up to two of your crafts—one for each category!
Cropped Line.png

Discord

Join us on Discord

Latest profile posts

Dw guys, we got 'em.

Death system fixed. Easy
@Dylann I love you <3
Lemmie post a nation forum!!

( Wonder how many hrs it will take woot to put /me laughs under it)
how does this work? i applied but the server still has not whitelisted me
spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider spider
I'd make a snarky comment about how there's various comments about how inactive the forums were, but that would imply activity.
Whoa, whoa! Everyone gotta stop posting so much stuff on the forums, I can’t keep up

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hera000